• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played 13 and 13-2 back to back and enjoyed my time with 13-2 so much more I can't even quantify it. Even Serah was good, despite how she came across in 13. I hope you like it.

Here's a couple random screenshots I took as well. White mage costume is the best.

Yup, XIII-2 is great and Serah and Noel were surprisingly decent protagonists especially considering how low the bar was coming from XIII.
There was also an actual villain this time, with a cause you empathize with.
It's a shame the plot was a mess, fucking time travel.

Very hyped for the XII remaster even though I imported Zodiac and played it on PCSX2 with the fan translation patch a few years ago.
I really like the game, such a step up from X.

Wok

Battleborn is 7.50€ on Humble Store. If you are a subscriber, and cash back 5% to your Humble wallet, it is 6.40€.

There was a big update last week apparently: https://steamcommunity.com/games/394230/announcements/detail/258229677226353863

In the words of Gearbox Software Producer, Chris Brock, ”I've been at Gearbox for 10 years and this is the craziest update we've ever done!"

Battleborn is the most ambitious game ever for Gearbox, incorporating inspiration from a legacy of science fiction and fantasy, cartoons, comics, movies, and video games.

Here at Gearbox Software and 2K Games, we are committed to improving Battleborn and creating the best player experience possible through ongoing updates.

With this update, the core 25 characters will be unlocked for all players after completing the Prologue. Learn more about unlocking characters and character select changes in this post.

Nope, it was proven to be real because of course Trumpkins were saying it was reversed.

It would be just as good reversed.

OIgZTeM.gif

Here's a link: https://twitter.com/Marv_Vien/status/823621167621619713

It looked reversed at first sight, but when reversed, it is obviously not reversed (otherwise Mel would have some super psychic powers to foresee the future).

I have checked the video because I was intrigued and I think it is because she was between Don and his daughter, so she must have thought Don was looking and talking at her when he actually was not at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new Humble tomorow in theory, hopefully it will continue it's 2017 streak of goodness.

jinxed, it will be a origin bundle now

All those OTs for games I really want to play but can't afford.
Well, at least Humble allowed me to pick up Dragon's Dogma and XCom2 for a price I can afford so I'm good.
Not like I have a lot of time to play anyway.

kionedrik

Battleborn is 7.50€ on Humble Store. If you are a subscriber, and cash back 5% to your Humble wallet, it is 6.40€.

There was a big update last week apparently: https://steamcommunity.com/games/394230/announcements/detail/258229677226353863

I've come to the conclusion that Battleborn's main problem was never it's poor marketing and how it led people to think it was an Overwatch clone, despite being completely different, but rather how it alienated players based on it's predecessor - Borderlands. People that loved Borderlands just wanted more of it and not some derivative multiplayer shooter with a Borderlands vibe, and people that never saw the appeal of Borderlands, myself included, just saw another Borderlands with a slightly different gameplay loop. Basically no one wanted this.

Sarcasm

well I was going to avoid that console thread but I got curious....

don't go in there guys....

someone doesn't PC game because theres apparently a chance for the games to crash more often...crashing never happens on consoles!

Hey some say keyboard and mouse is too archaic!

That thread man, its like listening to your grandpa talk about how he went to school in snow uphill both ways.

Just minus the charm.

I've come to the conclusion that Battleborn's main problem was never it's poor marketing and how it led people to think it was an Overwatch clone, despite being completely different, but rather how it alienated players based on it's predecessor - Borderlands. People that loved Borderlands just wanted more of it and not some derivative multiplayer shooter with a Borderlands vibe, and people that never saw the appeal of Borderlands, myself included, just saw another Borderlands with a slightly different gameplay loop. Basically no one wanted this.

Borderlands fan here, I like stuff I can play by myself, not pseudo-MOBAs.

NEFARIOUS released today!

It's so strange that I've seen practically no hype for this game! The concept is that you are a villain and must kidnap all the princesses. Yes, all of them.

eba2949681a338c2f3d10df595ef218e_large.png

One of the selling points is Reverse Boss Fights. These are pretty self explanatory; control the big bad boss and smash the local heroes to bits! It looks fantastic!

ss_0168313bf0f3b9893a63b87252c10ae4d8f77723.1920x1080.jpg

It's so strange that I've seen practically no hype for this game! The concept is that you are a villain and must kidnap all the princesses. Yes, all of them.

One of the selling points is Reverse Boss Fights. These are pretty self explanatory; control the big bad boss and smash the local heroes to bits! It looks fantastic!

I remember that the guy behind Brawl in the Family and Tadpole Treble was promoting the game on the former's website.

There is so much misinformation in that other thread it just hurts

They're just alternative facts.

Jawmuncher

Looks like the RE7 cards are out, no emotes and such yet though.
Of course they went for a shit ton again, knowing i'd bother to get the level.
Considering Ethan doesn't have a card, I guess that more or less confirms he has no promotional art work of any sort.

ysk8d.png
csjit.png
qyjnf.png
drjyi.png
m7kdf.png
vukr1.png
epkso.png
75j9d.png
b0j1d.png

That Resident Evil is finished Jaw.

Now you must embrace your first person spooky Capcom overlords.

Gonna fly to japan and set them straight

Regginator

GMG used to have some amazing sales once every while, but since a few months it's in steep decline, what happened? Haven't bought there in months.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They're just alternative facts.

Everyone saying things like
  • "I like turning my game machine on with a controller"
  • "I don't like fiddling with settings, it's hard"
  • "I don't like having a keyboard and mouse plugged in to my TV"
  • "My TV isn't in the same room as my PC"
  • "So many patches that I have to manually install..."
Are all just broadcasting their ignorance.

There are a few valid points being said there, but the vast majority of the legitimate gripes I think will most likely be entirely eliminated in the next 5-7 years.

Phawx

GMG used to have some amazing sales once every while, but since a few months it's in steep decline, what happened? Haven't bought there in months.

Maybe they got more employees? Seemed like when they first opened they were pretty cut-throat and the really cheesy MS paint alien was a good indicator of how many people were working there.

Jawmuncher

I wonder how RE7 will sell.

Well it's the first title to ever launch on PC same time as consoles, so that should help.
Overall It should do pretty well I think. Dunno if it'll do better than RE6 in the same time frame though. Since all things considered that sold pretty well even with the reception around it.

Arulan

But South Park??

And... uh... ok I got nothing else

South Park: A Stick of Truth didn't use Uplay. The sequel might though. The last game I played that used Uplay was Might & Magic X - Legacy, and that was definitely worth it.

In all honesty, there is a difference between poor storefronts/clients such as Uplay and Origin, which provide no value when compared it to its competitors, and the abomination and threat to the PC's open-platform that is the Windows Store.

I have literally never heard of nor seen a single thing about this game before. Where did you hear of it?

This means, of course, you should be submitting upcoming game blurbs for next month's OT.

neoemonk

I'm very glad for Final Fantasy XIV
iP0ZaXg.gif

Those quests are fun, but I burned out on the game before I finished them all. I might come back for the expansion. MMOs are just a tough sell for me since I have so many games to play and they tend to take a lot of my time.

Vamphuntr

I'm very glad for Final Fantasy XIV
iP0ZaXg.gif

The dance emote you get from his quest line was so hilarious. Loved FFXIV. They went back to a defeat the evil empire story and it worked well. Played the Vanilla version to max level and did most of the content except the extreme battles and the last few bahamut raids. It's just I don't have the time to play it anymore. You need to be active in a guild to do the high difficulty stuff and MMO tend to become like work to me. Played it when I was in a bad place in my life and it would cheer me up. Met some friends and joined a guild when I was soloing exploring and raising people with a summoner during the behemot fight :p

kagamin

Yea, the way I see it is that I'll probably enjoy the game more if I play casually when I have the time with my friends doing the endgame stuff a little bit at a time since they're really into it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This elevator sequence in the first Evil Within dlc is so stressful. If you get seen at all you seem fucked because Julie can only run for 2 whole seconds before she has to stop and catch her breath.

I must have died there like 20 times. I don't know why I struggled so much with it, it's not actually that long of a segment. I loved the two Kidman DLCs overall though.

I have literally never heard of nor seen a single thing about this game before. Where did you hear of it?

This means, of course, you should be submitting upcoming game blurbs for next month's OT.

Matthew Taranto (Brawl in the Family) advertised it during the Tadpole Treble Kickstarter. I believe he composed some of the music for Nefarious as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that. What sort of blurbs do you mean? I'm relatively new to the Steam OT.

Gonna have to disagree. They put commercials on prime-time television and they didn't once mention "from the makers of Borderlands," just a tiny Gearbox logo at the end of the commercial. So a regular TV-watching joe who doesn't absorb lots of gaming news online - or a kid - probably wouldn't have made the connection. They'd just go by what they saw, and that was "looks like Overwatch, only not as good."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom