• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
people REALLY shouldnt spoil themselves on RE7, and thats coming from someone that usually doesnt give a fuck about spoilers. But the first hour will lose a lot of impact if you just watch it. Just some friendly advice.

2 hours in RE7, I'm loving it. Don't know If I consider it scary though, I think REmake's zombies were way creepier then the hillbilles but I still like the direction.

This game is like the movie, "Don't Breathe", except instead of being locked in a house with a blind man, you're locked in with a
bunch of genetically altered weirdos
. It's great.

Phinor

Banner Saga 3 surprise Kickstarter. Pretty modest goal all told. Hopefully it does better than BS2.

I mostly enjoyed the first Banner Saga (not Factions) but it was pretty harsh and I ended up playing most of the game with zero.. was it Varl and Fighters? Or Clansmen? Zero for all of them? There was nothing I could have done besides restarting the game so I ended up with zero and there didn't seem much point trying to recover from that so I just continued with zero. Didn't seem to matter but I have a vague memory it was changed in a patch later.

However I bounced hard on Banner Saga 2, couldn't manage more than an hour for some reason. I should go back and try again, right? Really tempted to back the third game for some reason..

Aren't it only some regions? Will, disregard my post if it is

And the dream is crushed
There's actually a simple method (which I won't disclose) to purchase games from the Indian Steam Store without using a VPN. The games are region-free as long as it's not purchased as a Steam gift.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So... Is RE7 like the demo, in first person or it goes back to third and that was just the demo?

its like the demo and what a strange question, like... have you been living under a rock? :p

Durante

Starting off in first person and then going RE6-like third person action after 2 hours would be a troll move the likes of which we haven't seen since MGS2.

Lomax

Is Nvidias Geforce Experience optimization good? They should know best right

Not in my experience, no. It's decent for games already optimized for NVidea hardware (stuff heavy on PhysX for example) but I found it tends to make bad tradeoffs and choose weird down sampling rates and I almost always end up having to tweak things anyway. And specifically don't use it for World of Warcraft, it cranks up a rendering option that absolutely destroys performance.

Vlad

What should I play on Steam while I wait for Zelda?

-VA-11 HALL-A
-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
-Infinifactory

Infinifactory was my GOTY for 2015, so go with that.

It's by far the gentlest of the Zachtronics puzzlers, but it's still super satisfying to design your own solutions to the increasingly complicated factories.

madjoki

Capcom Japan still hasn't figured out how to correlate different app names to regions for whatever reason.

I don't think Steam supports regional app names.

They recently started supporting regional header images, I guess names are matter of time (hopefully).

They actually do have separate uncensored app for Japan, but Japan's censored shares same app as row.

abracadaver

RE7 achievements are not showing up in the activity feed. Does Capcom fuck this up with every game they release? I've seen this multiple times already and it always takes them days to fix.

Game is also not showing up on profiles

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RE7 achievements are not showing up in the activity feed. Does Capcom fuck this up with every game they release? I've seen this multiple times and it always takes them days to fix.

Game is also not showing up on profiles

The section_type = ownersonly flag wasn't removed. It'll probably drop off once the game has unlocked in Japan.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
It also crashes on Phenoms even though they fixed the demo.

Tizoc

Valkyria Chronicles released 26-and-a-half months ago now. Surely the lack of news is due to Sega waiting for a variety of ducks to line up instead of just one.

Edit: Oh, wait, that Sonic game nobody asked for came roughly a year later. Hopes deleted.

We need ninjas
NInjas to infiltrate SEGA EU HQ and raid their databases
I know they got stuff coming down the pipeline but all this hush hushness is some ass backwards fear that it may take away interest from Dawn of War 3.

Aaron D.

I have this thirst for a good Golf game (I loved Everybody's Golf on PSV), I installed Vertiginous Golf which was dormant in my library since it was free, but it's not that good, plus it's MINI golf...any suggestion for a better golf game on Steam? I searched but found only average rated VR games.

I think the lack of replies tells you everything you need to know, sadly.

It's funny when people mention this or that console exclusive, hinting at system-selling experiences. Uncharted (LOL), Halo (LOL), and Zelda (okay BotW looks incredible).

But for me the biggest crime is EA Sports complete absence on PC, sans FIFA. Tiger Woods in particular just baffles and infuriates me. Esp. considering the franchise has traditionally been featured on PC. The last game may have been poorly received, but the prior one, PGA Tour '14 is simply god-tier. I'd kill for a simple port of that game alone. I've got it on 360, but I'm just not a big-screen gamer anymore.

Le sigh.

Tizoc

Totally expected, but still BOOO! We got Swat 4 on GoG though, and hopefully Sega will bring something better than sonic soon.

They've had dozens of titles released or published over the past decade or two they could bring over.
We know Vanquish is in the pipeline for one thing.

This is why I keep saying we need a goddamn steamdb leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom