• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahji

Maybe I am stupid but I can't beat the last phase of the last boss of Victor Vran. His shockwaves are destroying me.
I think I will grind some more in other areas.

I'm really disappointed by RE7. Most of the areas are tiny which makes being followed by the family rather dull and much like Revelations it quickly descends into mindless shooting that feels like shit in comparison to 4/5/6. Same terrible hit reactions and complete lack of enemy variety as well. Honestly think it's a pretty poorly put together game unless things change. Bad action, not very scary, no real puzzles, and so on.

Incredible production values for the most part tho.

Valkyria Chronicles released 26-and-a-half months ago now. Surely the lack of news is due to Sega waiting for a variety of ducks to line up instead of just one.

Edit: Oh, wait, that Sonic game nobody asked for came roughly a year later. Hopes deleted.

This will clearly be remembered as a major fuck up for SEGA. Following Valkyria Chronicles amazing success on Steam, I feel like they missed an opportunity to build a great Steam catalog and on top of that, another sane ecosystem for their games. Yakuza series could've done fairly well.

Valkyria Chronicles happening on Steam is what I believe to be a case of luck for us and SEGA hitting the nail by chance. It was basically low on the priority list and got there somehow.

Nzyme32

people REALLY shouldnt spoil themselves on RE7, and thats coming from someone that usually doesnt give a fuck about spoilers. But the first hour will lose a lot of impact if you just watch it. Just some friendly advice.

Good to know. Not watched anything yet, and won't

Tizoc

There was hinting of before, we do have this at least.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257790&highlight=vanquish
...and Grief, I think it was you who said that some 'console exclusive' games like PS4 games are likely to release on Steam/other platforms after a certain period of time, so let's assume for example taht Yakuza 0 falls into that scenario, SEGA EU could be mandated to keeping hush hush about it until they are allowed to speak more of it.

Let us not forget Shenmue HD being registered by SEGA EU
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331226&highlight=shenmue

Mugen08

They've had dozens of titles released or published over the past decade or two they could bring over.
We know Vanquish is in the pipeline for one thing.

This is why I keep saying we need a goddamn steamdb leak

Fully agree, though they have not confirmed Vanquish as far as I know. I feel it has been a bit down on the Sega PC-front lately with Castle of Illusion being completely removed from Steam, Yakuza 0 for some obscure Sega-reason remaining a PS-exclusive and Valkyria Revolution being a console exclusive as well (this is especially weird even though I have next to no interest in this particular game atm).

This will clearly be remembered as a major fuck up for SEGA. Following Valkyria Chronicles amazing success on Steam, I feel like they missed an opportunity to build a great Steam catalog and on top of that, another sane ecosystem for their games. Yakuza series could've done fairly well.

Valkyria Chronicles happening on Steam is what I believe to be a case of luck for us and SEGA hitting the nail by chance. It was basically low on the priority list and got there somehow.

Exactly.

There was hinting of before, we do have this at least.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257790&highlight=vanquish
...and Grief, I think it was you who said that some 'console exclusive' games like PS4 games are likely to release on Steam/other platforms after a certain period of time, so let's assume for example taht Yakuza 0 falls into that scenario, SEGA EU could be mandated to keeping hush hush about it until they are allowed to speak more of it.

Let us not forget Shenmue HD being registered by SEGA EU
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331226&highlight=shenmue

Projects can be shelved. And I wouldnt be surprised if following Atlus buyout, they decided to refocus Japan and USA on console and Europe stictly on PC western IPs. I also wouldnt be wouldnt be surprised if there was a push from USA for a console focus.

Tizoc

Projects can be shelved. And I wouldnt be surprised if following Atlus buyout, they decided to refocus Japan and USA on console and Europe stictly on PC western IPs. I also wouldnt be wouldnt be surprised if there was a push from USA for a console focus.
I am a crazy blind optimist through and through
I still say there are classic pc porting projects in the pipeline

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yoshizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Super LOH -- MB-533AEBF674ADC95B
Taken. Something's wrong with ModBot.

I am a crazy blind optimist through and through
I still say there are classic pc porting projects in the pipeline

There might be indeed but I think Japanese output will basically be Platinum Games two's remaining games and Sonic or maybe Sega Megadrive stuff.
Then again, I wouldnt be surprised if Europe has been relegated to western IPs. And I also wouldnt be surprised if there was a slight push from USA to keep the situation this way.

Tizoc

There might be indeed but I think Japanese output will basically be Platinum Games two's remaining games and Sonic or maybe Sega Megadrive stuff.
Then again, I wouldnt be surprised if Europe has been relegated to western IPs. And I also wouldnt be surprised if there was a slight push from USA to keep the situation this way.

Yeesh and for a time people criticized how SEGA USA handled things/were a non entity.

Yo GT, now that RE7 is out, time to press wbacon on Capcom's next PC port project. Surely it is Ace Attorney Trilogy+Ghost Trick pre order bonus.
Right? Right?

Yeesh and for a time people criticized how SEGA USA handled things/were a non entity.

Yo GT, now that RE7 is out, time to press wbacon on Capcom's next PC port project. Surely it is Ace Attorney Trilogy+Ghost Trick pre order bonus.
Right? Right?

Baffled AA trilogy aint happening yet. Danganronpa 1+2 reached 200k btw already.
Everyone knows my wishlist:
Okami, Ghost Trick, Ace Attorney Trilogy, God Hand, Asura's Wrath.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im having Nioh withdrawals.
giphy.gif

It's clear Atlus has convinced Sega to stop all this PC port nonsense. I mean it was literally making people sick to their stomach seeing PC getting once console only exclusives!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Honestly couldn't really get into NiOh for some reason. It's good and all but I didn't vibe with it at all so I'll get it when it's cheaper.

Platy

What is happening with modbot ?

No more time left for giveaways, no more who got each game ....

Modbot, do you want a hug ?

Deus Ex Breach has cards which is kind of odd, I assumed a big publisher like SE would know cards don't drop for f2p games unless you spend over a certain amount on in game stuff.

madjoki

Deus Ex Breach has cards which is kind of odd, I assumed a big publisher like SE would know cards don't drop for f2p games unless you spend over a certain amount on in game stuff.

It has microtransactions (at least the version included in Mankind Divided).

What is this and should I get it?

It's the side game (arcade/challenge mode-ish) included with Mankind Divided, released as separate F2P game.

madjoki

Valve continuing the fight

https://steamcommunity.com/games/581930/announcements/detail/266110976594517914

Concerning Desert Storm
24 January - Jason
We (Valve) have identified unacceptable behavior involving multiple Steam accounts controlled by the developer of this game, Farizat Shebzukhova. The developer appears to have used multiple Steam accounts to post a positive review for their own game. This is a clear violation of our review policy and something we take very seriously.

For these reasons, we are ending our business relationship with Farizat Shebzukhova and removing this game from sale. If you have previously purchased this game, it will remain accessible in your Steam library.

RE7 performance is a shitshow on my R9 270 2GB. Even on medium settings and at 720p. The demo and the starting area weren't as bad, but once you reach the next location it takes a nosedive. This with the latest driver installed. Kinda wish I'd have got it on PS4 now.

Tizoc

One of the things I wish GOG Galaxy would fix already is it taking too long to let me get to confirming the download of a game. At times the prompt takes a long time to show up and let me actually download a game.

yuraya

RE7 is really good. I only played it for a few hours but the game is starting to remind me a lot of MGSV. In that the game is so different from its predecessors in the series. As a result its very unique and refreshing experience. The controls and atmospheres are really good. Its scary but scary in a good way not the you are powerless and hopeless ways like Alien Isolation, Oulast etc. Capcom did a really good job with it. Props to them for pulling it off.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
RE7 is really good. I only played it for a few hours but the game is starting to remind me a lot of MGSV. In that the game is so different from its predecessors in the series. As a result its very unique and refreshing experience. The controls and atmospheres are really good. Its scary but scary in a good way not the you are powerless and hopeless ways like Alien Isolation, Oulast etc. Capcom did a really good job with it. Props to them for pulling it off.

miamiamiamiamia
had me in the first hour legit shook, in the sense that it subverted what I expected from the story

edit: Humble no bundle again

Deques

If it were a bundle and it's bad you would only be disappointed. Now there is no new bundle and that is making your wallet happy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom