• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, I've never really seen a month of Humble Monthly that I've thought "I wish I'd subscribed", there's always been a decent game in there, but nothing that I wouldn't have waited for a sale on if I was going to pick it up, and not knowing what you're getting just makes it too much of a risk for me personally. I'm surprised it's still going strong, but I suppose it's not been around for all that long yet.

I started to subsribe in december for the first time to get DD, the january gave me xcom so im totally fine with it for the start. Also some great niche games in there.

Deques

So how many demos have Humble Monthly provided so far?

• December 2015: Shadwen
  • February 2016: Planetoid Pioneers
  • August 2016: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack
  • September 2016: The Uncertain: Episode 1: The Demo
  • October 2016: Fidel (I am uncertain about this one, it is a sneak peek, which might just be the equivalent of a demo, with the release of the full game this semester)
  • February 2017: Hollow Knight

I did not realize that there were so many demos in the Monthly bundles. I only thought that The Uncertain was the only one

That kind of threads are just so redundant and offer no useful insights for anyone. I've been on Gaf for just a couple of years or so, but I've grown tired of them already. There's a new thread popping up every week or so with identical discussions by the same posters.

Why can't we have a 'PC Gaming Shitposting Megathread' instead? Sticky it if need to.

derFeef

That kind of threads are just so redundant and offer no useful insights for anyone. I've been on Gaf for just a couple of years or so, but I've grown tired of them already. There's a new thread popping up every week or so with identical discussions by the same posters.

Why can't we have a 'PC Gaming Shitposting Megathread' instead? Sticky it if need to.

Only if we also get a "Console Gaming Shitposting Megethread" as well.

It is always important to keep in mind 'different strokes for different folks', but I sometimes feel like because a lot of PC exclusives aren't some big spectacle at E3, generally lower in budget and for a specific audience, a lot of people either don't know they exist or just dismiss them out of hand. Same could be said of not giving a shit about AAA console games too.

But it can get frustrating to see people say 'console exclusives' as a reason to never game on PC. It just strikes me as kind of odd because there is such a massive amount of PC exclusives from a massive variety of genres. But it is understandable since a lot of it will go under the radar of people or maybe some people just don't like anything from this big variety of games.

Wok

I did not realize that there were so many demos in the Monthly bundles. I only thought that The Uncertain was the only one

The Uncertain was a special case because the demo was given 2 weeks prior to the release. All the other demos were given several months before the actual release.

Shadwen was not a Steam key, only a download link.

S587a6m.png

Hektor

Platformwars Megathread in which we pitch a single user of each platform against each other until all but one are banned, the last one unbanned earns a point for his platform and advances into the next round

Knurek

The other half of UWP Defence Force as well:
LukasTaves
image.php

Can I turn my pc and control it to start the game with only a controller?

Can I leave it in standby where all my games and the OS itself are always up to date, with no further interaction on my part and never have any delay whatsoever to play anygame I want?

Can I not be bothered to have the latest driver when a new game launches, otherwise it might have performance issues, and some times these same drivers causes issues with the game or even the system?

Can I have a unified system on pc to chat, party up and create gaming sessions with my friends without having to resort to other platforms to set everything up?

I have came back to pc gaming every now and then, but issues like that keep throwing me out, and until all those points are easily solvable I don't plan on giving pc gaming another try.

Might come in handy the next time there's a UWP shitstorm and these folk inevitably come to the thread to defend Microsoft.

dex3108

Lots of Assassin's Creed fan site owners are invited to and are currently on the way to Ubisoft Montreal. Well that means only one thing. Are you ready Jase?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Django.Mango:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Django.Mango, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-15F5D22D9AB2CCD6
HoPiKo -- MB-CE868AAD0E0670FF
Pony Island -- MB-AA8D70294FE6C4B5

Cheers.

Lots of Assassin's Creed fan site owners are invited to and are currently on the way to Ubisoft Montreal. Well that means only one thing. Are you ready Jase?

Assassin's Creed Egypt?

Though I'm a bit worried they will move too far away from a story based single player game to a games-as-a-service multiplayer model.

dex3108

Assassin's Creed Egypt?

Though I'm a bit worried they will move too far away from a story based single player game to a games-as-a-service multiplayer model.

The worst thing that could happen is less story and more gameplay (Hitman route and GR Wildlands route). I don't think that they will push too much online elements.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

saoirsesurprisedyjs4u.gif

Assassin's Creed Egypt?

I'm not worried as Ubi must be acutely aware that nobody buys AssCreed for the MP (it wouldn't be absent from Unity and Syndicate otherwise). Interestingly, Ubi has said that its future open-world games will be designed more around player choice and localised stories than leading the player through an overarching linear narrative and this year's AssCreed will be the first title to showcase this new approach.

dex3108

Also as far as I know ACIV team is working on this one, and that includes Darby McDewitt as lead writer (and in my opinion best AC writer besides Corey May). Maybe Ubi is aiming late February, early March for announcement like they did before.

Volimar

Those killing American and killing Japanese soldier threads are creepy with folks just going along and giving recommendations. Gaming side is scary.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am interested in teh STALKER Bundle but I dont know what is going to expect me. Are these games Shooter-RPGs? Have they a main plot? Or are these just hundreds of miniquests? Or does the story revolve from exploring and making your own stories up while stuff happens?

derFeef

I am interested in teh STALKER Bundle but I dont know what is going to expect me. Are these games Shooter-RPGs? Have they a main plot? Or are these just hundreds of miniquests? Or does the story revolve from exploring and making your own stories up while stuff happens?

Basically. All of that. It's also a bit of survival game in there.
I love STALKER games, unmodded that is. I know that everyone recommends the mods, but I do like them vanilla.

I love STALKER games, unmodded that is. I know that everyone recommends the mods, but I do like them vanilla.

I like them vanilla too. The mods are always a crapshoot. Some things change for the better while others change for the worse. With every major 'mod package' anyways.

Is still one of my all time favorite series.

I was mostly talking about people like us, enthusiasts that tend to be informed on these subjects. Other than CoD, Battlefield and some sport franchises, I'm quite skeptical of the affect these type of commercials have on the purchasing habits of an average Joe. Also, did Overwatch also have a big commercial push on TV? How would the average Joe know about Overwatch?

Yes, it sure did. It HEAVILY featured Tracer. Nuff said.

Honestly surprised by how shit I'm finding RE7 to be past the intro. This whole
basement
segment shows how awful the combat is. The aiming is terrible and it's hard to make headshots and it just turns to leading things around tables until you knife them to death. Revelationso style sponges with boring designs.

Also limited health items means constant red screen jelly. Think you can turn that off and use the watch though.

Volimar

Honestly surprised by how shit I'm finding RE7 to be past the intro. This whole
basement
segment shows how awful the combat is. The aiming is terrible and it's hard to make headshots and it just turns to leading things around tables until you knife them to death. Revelationso style sponges with boring designs.

Also limited health items means constant red screen jelly. Think you can turn that off and use the watch though.

To be honest, I usually enjoy watching others play these types of games rather than playing myself.

Shout out to the Steam GAFfer who talked about Hellenica on this thread, I've let a few people on another forum know about it

I wish I could've found your post :(

Ladekabel

Got Rhythm Heaven Megamix for my 3DS and love it. What are some good rhythm games on Steam? Only one I really know about is Audiosurf.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Doesnt help that much now :D (thats fine! The game seems like a big pile of everything, dont see that comment as an offense!) but I think for 13€ for the whole Bundle with all addonns I will just buy it.

JaseC

Also as far as I know ACIV team is working on this one, and that includes Darby McDewitt as lead writer (and in my opinion best AC writer besides Corey May). Maybe Ubi is aiming late February, early March for announcement like they did before.

That seems rather far down the track if people are travelling there now. NDAs aren't really effective against anonymous internet posts. If we assume that attendees will be playing the game today/tomorrow, I think an announcement on Friday or perhaps next Monday is a very distinct possibility.

dex3108

That seems rather far down the track if people are travelling there now. NDAs aren't really effective against anonymous internet posts. If we assume that attendees will be playing the game today or tomorrow, I think an announcement on Friday or perhaps next Monday is a very distinct possibility.

I don't think that they will play the game. Game will maybe be announced to them and some screenshots or video shown. But in general I really can't think of good reason why Ubi would fly them all there if they are not preparing for big announcement.

JaseC

I don't think that they will play the game. Game will maybe be announced to them and some screenshots or video shown. But in general I really can't think of good reason why Ubi would fly them all there if they are not preparing for big announcement.

Well, the game received an extra year in the oven thanks to the tepid reception to Syndicate, so it's undoubtedly in a relatively solid state. Flying in fan site operators just for a media presentation strikes me as, well, pretty pointless; a better idea would be to contact them and give each a different piece to a puzzle teasing the game's imminent public unveiling via the internet.

dex3108

Well, the game received an extra year in the oven thanks to the tepid reception to Syndicate, so it's undoubtedly in a relatively solid state. Flying in fan site operators just for a media presentation strikes me as, well, pretty pointless; a better idea would be to contact them and give each a different piece to a puzzle teasing the game's imminent public unveiling via the internet.

They invited WD fans after E3 to visit various studios and play the game. So who knows. But again NDA can be for weeks. Also Ubi financial conference call is in early February so maybe they will push for announcement before that.

I will play the new zelda on my wiiu. Bought the 3ds and wiiu at launch for Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker that time, as i didnt play them on the origin consoles. I got all the ambassador old games and some virtual console titles. Wont pay for them again. Plus no games at release, its a joke to be honest.

So no.

edit, @Snake

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
holy shit at the first hour of RE7. Welcome to the family indeed, you done well Capcom

Plus no games at release, its a joke to be honest.

This is my biggest gripe. It's really messed up... And I can't believe I'm seriously considering buying it when the only game I have any interest in is Zelda. I'm hoping more eShop releases (like Fast RMX) are confirmed for launch as we get closer to the date.

me0wish

SteamGAF, anyone getting the Switch at launch here?

For me and 4 other friends, and those are just the accessories! I wasn't even this hyped for the Wii/DS. :D

Thanks again for helping me out Naked Snake ^^

Edit: I surely getting Zelda, 1 2 Switch and strongly considering Bomber Man, I paid 50+ plus for the older BM games I don't mind paying that price again if the game is good. Fast Racing is confirmed to be launch window along with Snipperclips, both that seem a lot of fun.

Overall, for me personally, I think the Switch lunch is quite good, and I really look forward to playing 8 players BM and 1 2 Switch seems like it will bring the Wii sports magic (or at least some of it) back.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
KOEI TECMO EUROPEVerified account
‏@koeitecmoeurope

Follow
More
#Toukiden2, will launch on the 24 March 2017 across Europe for the PS 4, PS Vita and Steam!
Slayer, ARE YOU READY?!

just in time for my bday, thanks Koei >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom