• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

me0wish

You're welcome, but I don't remember what I helped you with :) I've been so active in many threads these days like a hyper customer service agent answering questions, lol

You gave me a link for amazon.jp where I can find all the accessories, wouldn't be able to make that order with out your help!

neoemonk

I should probably wait until Xenoblade comes out to get the Switch, as I'm getting Zelda on the Wii U. I'm also playing Persona 5 on PS3, so I guess I'm the old systems guy now.

I can't enjoy those threads these days. I can look at lists of the pros and cons of pc gaming and the pros and cons of console gaming and agree with everything written on all 4 lists.

I don't think that they will play the game. Game will maybe be announced to them and some screenshots or video shown. But in general I really can't think of good reason why Ubi would fly them all there if they are not preparing for big announcement.

Maybe they are seeing a bluray version of the movie? Serious answer: I think its the HD remaster of the American Trilogy (III, Liberation & Rogue). Yes I know 4 should be there too. just don't see the point since its already available. Or maybe a remake of the first game to go along with the movie's home release. I hope it's the next big Assassin's Creed game but as of a few weeks ago, they weren't sure the game would be out in 2017.

SteamGAF, anyone getting the Switch at launch here?

I was excited at the announcement and was ready to pre-order but since more information has come out, I don't see the point right now. I'm going to get Zelda for my WiiU and wait.

I will wait on the Switch until a proper Monster Hunter gets announced or when we see how they will now handle Etrian Odyssey. Nintendo forst party titles I love but I know they hold long term value and I wont pay for online, so I can easily wait and buy them all then.

I still have my Wii U for Zelda anyway if I really want to play it.

NOOOOO-PUH.

We're less than 2 months away and I still don't know a damn thing about the system. How much is paid online? What's going to happen to Virtual Console? And that paltry launch lineup. Sure, there's Zelda but I'm not paying $300 for just one game.

Aside from scalpers, I have no idea why somebody would buy a Switch at launch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
RE7's opening (and by opening, I mean the first hour or so of the game) is easily one of the best openers ive ever seen in a videogame, and im not even that much of a RE fan (I like them fine mind you) as I made abundantly clear recently when I played REmake and bitched about it a lot here (but still enjoyed it).

You gave me a link for amazon.jp where I can find all the accessories, wouldn't be able to make that order with out your help!

Oh yeah right, glad I could help.

A while back I read/heard some notable people say things like "information wants to be free" and "Everyone benefits when information is shared freely", and since then I've been trying to live by that principle, even when my primate brain instinctively goes into hoarding/self-interest mode and tries to convince me that keeping a certain resource to myself might be better... I don't believe in karma, but I guess it's kinda like that :)

r3n4ud

saoirsesurprisedyjs4u.gif

I'm not worried as Ubi must be acutely aware that nobody buys AssCreed for the MP (it wouldn't be absent from Unity and Syndicate otherwise). Interestingly, Ubi has said that its future open-world games will be designed more around player choice and localised stories than leading the player through an overarching linear narrative and this year's AssCreed will be the first title to showcase this new approach.
You can visit meeeeeeeeeee instead of Ubi Montreal

tuxfool

Banned
The other half of UWP Defence Force as well:
LukasTaves
image.php

Might come in handy the next time there's a UWP shitstorm and these folk inevitably come to the thread to defend Microsoft.

You should post the links to those comments. For easy access, you know.

me0wish

Oh yeah right, glad I could help.

A while back I read/heard some notable people say things like "information wants to be free" and "Everyone benefits when information is shared freely", and since then I've been trying to live by that principle, even when my primate brain instinctively goes into hoarding/self-interest mode and tries to convince me that keeping a certain resource to myself might be better... I don't believe in karma, but I guess it's kinda like that :)

With the world being more and more materialistic, simple things like helping others, smiling, love and care are being overlooked, so it's only natural to develop that principle.

I think your brain is awesome, especially considering that you broke (or breaking out) of that principle, you my friend have fueled the hype of 4 fully grown men so much that it turned us into kids. I know it might seem like something minor, but at times like these I feel blessed to be a gaffer :>

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
What should I play on Steam while I wait for Zelda?

-VA-11 HALL-A
-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
-Infinifactory

Pachimari

24 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Bother With PC Gaming in 2017.

Seriously, why even bother with these PC threads in gaming.

Wait, there was a thread about this? This is hilarious.

So many Final Fantasy games. Anyone out there actually play all of them?

I'll be taking it slow.

Since completing Final Fantasy XV last year, I've gone back to FFXIV, started up FF1 and recently gotten into Brace Exvius. And I still want to get through FFVII and XI this year welp.

AHA-Lambda

My copy of RE7 has finally arrived :D

yes I bought it on disc (it was cheaper that way), feels like a strange novelty
Like collecting vinyl but functionally pointless :p

It's on 3 discs if anyone is curious

Xanathus

Finally finished the RE7 demo which I downloaded last year in order to get the Dirty Coin for doing the secret stuff, and just read up on what it does in the final game. Kinda let down. Also the demo's graphics looks shitty to me even with all settings maxed.

Amzin

The other half of UWP Defence Force as well:
LukasTaves
image.php

Might come in handy the next time there's a UWP shitstorm and these folk inevitably come to the thread to defend Microsoft.

I mean, you can do all of that on a PC, so I'm not even sure what the point of that comment is. Except "turn on PC with controller" which requires special shenanigans but the next comment implies one wants it in standby anyway which DOES let you do that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They invited WD fans after E3 to visit various studios and play the game. So who knows. But again NDA can be for weeks. Also Ubi financial conference call is in early February so maybe they will push for announcement before that.

Yeah, but Ubi must be acutely aware that it's a leaky ship and NDAs aren't effective when someone can hide behind anonymity. Inviting people to see/play the game and asking them to keep quiet for a month or whatever is just begging for thunder to be stolen, so I think the NDA period is going to be short -- just enough time for the site operators to write up something to publish come the announcement of the game.

dex3108

So Toukiden 2 is PlayStation exclusive*

*Also on PC.

Maybe they are seeing a bluray version of the movie? Serious answer: I think its the HD remaster of the American Trilogy (III, Liberation & Rogue). Yes I know 4 should be there too. just don't see the point since its already available. Or maybe a remake of the first game to go along with the movie's home release. I hope it's the next big Assassin's Creed game but as of a few weeks ago, they weren't sure the game would be out in 2017.

You don't pay trip to dozens of people all around the world for remasters or BR movie. :D

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
VA-11 HALL-A. Short, sweet, and stylish. Best game I've played this year.

If I had to pick one, VA-11 Hall-A.

oh man, this music is perfect and it's raining in NYC today

this is great, thanks guys

i'm trying - waiting for my local Gamestop to get more pre-orders.

month 1 is going to make such a great 'around the home' portable: Zelda, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Eyebrows are great, don't hate.

Oh it's appreciation.

BotW Zelda's eyebrows aren't what I'd call bushy.

Thick and lustrous. I think I went with bushy because that's what they were going with in the fanart thread.

If at some point she does a suggestive eyebrow waggle (or just a raise that can be ping pong animated in a gif) then I think it'll be safe to say the game is a complete success.

Vuze

the steam name for all the RE gmes is terrible, this is no different
I think RE7s title is especially funny because it uses the other regions name as sub title. I dunno who came up with this, it's kinda silly

Speaking of RE7, any good horror YT channels that do a playthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom