• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

You know I've been curious

Are there people who do casing-less PCs?

wNVUuO4.jpg

Daddy would you like some sausage?

Resident Evil 7 is a really disappointing game, it completely abandons any attempts at horror after 2 or 3 hours and becomes a linear hallway shooter with
enemy types and poor gunplay. The areas are tiny and you soon realize how limited the Baker family's radius is compared to something like Nemesis. Much like Revelations it's a hugely flawed game and I don't understand most of the praise. It's a shooter that has terrible shooting mechananics and an honestly unbelievable lack of enemy diversity.

The intro is great though and had me so excited for what was to come.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
latest indiegala bundle seems decent at first glance, 2 or 3 of the games seem genuily good

$1

Tick Tock Isle
Gal-X-E

Let's Draw

$2.99

Ghostship Aftermath
Videoball
Defend Your Life
Double Cubes
Rogue Port Red Nightmare
Demon Hearts

Underearth
Word Killer Zorgilonian Chronicles
Underearth

didnt mark them but double cubes and underearth could be interesting also, and even tho ive heard mixed things (and has mixed reviews lol), Ive been wanting ghostship aftermath for awhile.

fantomena

If you live in Scandinavia and say PC costs too much as a reason for not gaming on PC, I understand. PC component prices in, say Norway, is digustingly high compares to US prices.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
shouldnt that be a Tizoc alert, much like any game with dinosaurs is a jawmuncher alert?

Rhaknar

I am waiting for more mipressions before getting it. So far there are positive ones, but the game has elements of survival games in it.

youre banned from using crom

latest indiegala bundle seems decent at first glance, 2 or 3 of the games seem genuily good

$1

Tick Tock Isle
Gal-X-E

Let's Draw

$2.99

Ghostship Aftermath
Videoball
Defend Your Life
Double Cubes
Rogue Port Red Nightmare
Demon Hearts

Underearth
Underearth

didnt mark them but double cubes and underearth could be interesting also, and even tho ive heard mixed things (and has mixed reviews lol), Ive been wanting ghostship aftermath for awhile.

I like the blurb for Underearth, "Some call it a marvel; some call it a good test for Steam's refund system."

gngf123

$1

Tick Tock Isle
Gal-X-E

Let's Draw

$2.99

Ghostship Aftermath
Videoball
Defend Your Life
Double Cubes
Rogue Port Red Nightmare
Demon Hearts

Underearth
Underearth

I'm in for Videoball.

Rhaknar

Well, I finished Evoland 2. That was a fantastic ~15-20 hours game.
The amount of different gameplay mechanics is astounding, though that also risks that are parts in there one doesn't enjoy as much. But in general they don't overstay their welcome and are very well-done.
Soundtrack is amazing as well.

I have absolutely loved the 5 hours Ive played so far, took me totally by surrpise (well not so much since I hear it was good and a long proper game unlike the proof of concept 1 was), and if it keeps up, it will easily be in my favorites of the year.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I don't say this kind of thing often, but Ghostship Aftermath is genuinely one of the worst games I've ever played.

It's Slow Walking: The Game. Only it's not because you're in a cutscene. It's because that's the pace the game moves at, despite you being swarmed by monsters. And you have no weapons.

I'd only suggest it in the context of genuinely masochistic achievement hunting.

Tizoc

^It was mentioned a page or two ago.

Bloodrayne Betrayal ain't so bad. Just gotta remember to heal your self in battle.
I do hate those weird land mine things, you get knocked back and can't react fast enough to destroy it before it blows up.

Rhaknar

oh you can still ask for a refund? linky please?

The switch getting a lot of old indie ports, made me realize I never finished some of the classics. Are games such as VVVVVV (too many V's?), World of Goo and Thomas Was Alone worth playing today, or are they only held in relatively high regard because they came out at the beginning of the indie "era" (when there wasn't a lot of competition)?

Tizoc

The switch getting a lot of old indie ports, made me realize I never finished some of the classics. Are games such as VVVVVV (too many V's?), World of Goo and Thomas Was Alone worth playing today, or are they only held in relatively high regard because they came out at the beginning of the indie "era", when there wasn't a lot of competition?

VVVVVV is 6 Vs
I believe VVVVVV still holds up due to its concept.

The switch getting a lot of old indie ports, made me realize I never finished some of the classics. Are games such as VVVVVV (too many V's?), World of Goo and Thomas Was Alone worth playing today, or are they only held in relatively high regard because they came out at the beginning of the indie "era", when there wasn't a lot of competition?

VVVVVV is an excellent game, and a friend of mine quite enjoyed Thomas Was Alone when she played it for the first time last year.

Deques

Well a few bundles do get up at odd days like Day of the Devs bundle.

Gonna hold onto my Gamepump bundle order for a little more time before I refund.

I have been blind far too long to hold my Gamepump order, plus the GOG first and Steam when available doesn't sound so good

Edit: Refund requested. I wonder how long the request will go through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom