• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, Life of Strange peaked with Episode 4, IMO. I didn't really care for Episode 1 or 5 at all.
The ending is so telegraphed
, BUT I did enjoy the murder-mystery. The fact that
Jefferson is the killer mind-fucked me since I didn't see it coming, but the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" basement killing room
definitely made me "oh shit" out loud."

Man, Life of Strange peaked with Episode 4, IMO. I didn't really care for Episode 1 or 5 at all.
Jefferson is the killer mind-fucked me since I didn't see it coming, but the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" basement killing room

The second half of episode 5 is pretty bad.

bbd23

I wanted to post a giveaway on the 24th because it was my birthday but since life decided to gift me a blackout instead, I'm posting it on the 25th after scouring my humble list for all the unredeemed shit in it.
It's just bundle leftovers, but I think there could be 1 or 2 games which are actually worth it.

Happy Birthday!

TheSeks

The second half of episode 5 is pretty bad.

I
saved Cheloe because I'm an asshole
. I mean it's basically a
1 vs 1,000 theory-puzzle-philosophy thing
but this is a game. So... screw it, right? You went through all that trouble, so it might as well
be her instead of the town
. But apparently among my friends list it was divided on that. Weirdly
hardly anyone saved Alyssa
which was weird.

pislit

That PC thread is still going, I was on the first page and dropped it with my jokes/jabs because it became crayer than Carrie Matthison.

When you click the button, make sure it has the Valve secure thing in your browser (in chrome you can click that green text to be super sure. If you were already logged in on Steam on the web, you shouldn't even need to enter your password. All steam provide is a unique identifier for you. That site will then ask for your email - rule of thumb - always provide a crappy email you can expect spam from just incase. This site in particular though is legit. Got my key without issue.

Thanks!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
gW9xCPf.jpg

We're going to replace consoles with something so, so much, you know, something that's very good and just so much better. Believe me.

I
saved Cheloe because I'm an asshole
. I mean it's basically a
1 vs 1,000 theory-puzzle-philosophy thing
but this is a game. So... screw it, right? You went through all that trouble, so it might as well
be her instead of the town
. But apparently among my friends list it was divided on that. Weirdly
hardly anyone saved Alyssa
which was weird.

Look, I have low standards, the whole
saving Chloe instead of the town
thing is something I disagree with, but it works in context. What I take issue with is the
dream sequence
, which lasts waaaaay too long and features some pretty bad gameplay.

Nzyme32

Pretty much agree. 5 was a complete disappointment and seemed to have too many tells for what was going to happen. Really lacked any satisfaction once it was all over. The second spoiler, I'd thought so from the start but always had a nagging feeling it could easily be others, but as the episodes progressed I grew more and more certain, yet even though it was no surprise it was still satisfying to see I was right and in the way it was done. Just that last episode ruining it for me

TheSeks

Look, I have low standards, the whole
saving Chloe instead of the town
thing is something I disagree with, but it works in context. What I take issue with is the
dream sequence
, which lasts waaaaay too long and features some pretty bad gameplay.

I mean if we wanted to be true maximum asshole, I could've
killed her again like I did when she was crippled
. In fact, I wonder why Max didn't use that as a third option in that ending. She
could've told Chloe what would've happened in an alternate life and given her a choice on it
but nope. Can't let the pain show.

Pretty much agree. 5 was a complete disappointment and seemed to have too many tells for what was going to happen. Really lacked any satisfaction once it was all over. The second spoiler, I'd thought so from the start but always had a nagging feeling it could easily be others, but as the episodes progressed I grew more and more certain, yet even though it was no surprise it was still satisfying to see I was right and in the way it was done. Just that last episode ruining it for me

Kane and I are apparently going to discuss it later, but it only became a thing that was beating me over the head when
you go back to the first class in the game
. Otherwise I was too focused on the mystery to even see that at the time.

Which makes me think
what if Max and Chloe told Chloe's mom to GTFO of town, same with Warren (who believed Max because he had a boner for her) and most of the "good" students, would that have been a valid option
? Sure, some
wouldn't have believed
but surely there is a way to try that?

septicore

Cheers for the game.

I wanted to post a giveaway on the 24th because it was my birthday but since life decided to gift me a blackout instead, I'm posting it on the 25th after scouring my humble list for all the unredeemed shit in it.
It's just bundle leftovers, but I think there could be 1 or 2 games which are actually worth it.

Happy belated birthday mate.

Nzyme32

What kind of desk chairs do ye guys have, anything fancy for that comfy desk gaming?

Desk is just a kind of crap swivel office chair. Not really prioritised it since I don't game so much at the desk since I haven't had so much time for gaming lately.

The flat on the other hand has an over sized papasan chair in the lounge that tends to be where I end up while playing since you can do some ridiculous slouching in that thing

2440357_12_Feb.jpg

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of desk chairs do ye guys have, anything fancy for that comfy desk gaming?

Related first then I'll answer the question. I finally invested in a sit-stand desk at home and it is wonderful. I can surf and watch vidoes and whatnot while standing, then when playing games move the desk to the sitting position and pull up the chair. It's amazing and I feel so much better health-wise after doing this for a while.

The chair I use is basically a semi-standard office chair that was relatively expensive at the time, but it has a mesh back/seat and adjustable arm rests and adjustable height. Keeping semi-good posture while gaming is a chore but has helped with back problems I had in the past.

Regginator

Happy birthday! I've entered for Styx and Satellite Reign :)

Burt

parody post urges:

Look, when my game can't hold 30fps at sub-1080p, I prefer to just not have the option to do anything about it, okay?

phew

okay thanks

had to get that out somewhere without starting a shit-flinging match.

Tellaerin

Happy birthday, Lain! Hope you did something good to celebrate. :D

gabbo

tuxfool

Banned

Happy Birthday!

Amzin

IfPGxNT.jpg

Herman Miller's Aeron Office Chairs are considered the best in the business.

We use them at my work and they're simply fantastic.

Super-solid build, ergonomic & comfortable. Lots of tuning options as well.

So I've looked into those chairs before, among a bunch of others, and something that annoys me is almost no office / work chairs have arms that you can lift up and out of the way. It looks like even with the "fully adjustable arms" the Aeron ones don't do that. Sometimes I want armrests but sometimes I need them to not be there, so essentially I'm just left with a chair with no armrests because there's no nice chairs that have swivel-up arms :p

fenners

Happy birthday!!

I think there's way more than 1 or 2 games actually worth it in that list. Bunch of nice wee fun games in there!

Aaron D.

So I've looked into those chairs before, among a bunch of others, and something that annoys me is almost no office / work chairs have arms that you can lift up and out of the way. It looks like even with the "fully adjustable arms" the Aeron ones don't do that. Sometimes I want armrests but sometimes I need them to not be there, so essentially I'm just left with a chair with no armrests because there's no nice chairs that have swivel-up arms :p

If memory serves, I believe those arms slide right out. There's a lever-adjust to fix the height of each arm and when they're in the "open" position, you just slide the arm up & off the track it's embedded in.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is it sending the games and not updating the posts or just not sending things in the first place?

Sending things and not updating posts.

Edit: May have found the issue. I changed the post editing code to deal with some issues we were having before with huge mega giveaways not working properly, and in the process broke one of the pathways that does normal editing. Because I'm an idiot. Sorry for the issue Lain and anyone else who did a big giveaway. It's been a very busy work week for me and I should have caught this.

Edits should begin appearing. If you try to take something that's already taken it should edit the post to reflect who actually got it, maybe?

Remember the days when every developer and his brother made an MMORPG to compete with World of Warcraft simply because it was so huge? It stands to reason that eventually lots of developers will make MOBAs. Mind you, it doesn't seem to be as many, possibly because developers have learned their history.

Is it sending the games and not updating the posts or just not sending things in the first place?

The former. I won DOTT from it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Zatwor Series 3 (3 Games) -- MB-F2787947FEB7F4F3 - Taken by illusionary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom