• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Don't think I've ever issued a paypal refund but apparently it's rather easy? I hope he refunds everyone if Gamepump is cancelled, which seems to be the case.

Resident Evil 7 is my least favorite entry in the main series and I honestly think it's a pretty bad game and I wonder if people will start to be more critical as they finish it and time passes. It fails as a horror game and doubly so as an action game which it very much becomes. Easily the most disappointed I've ever been in a game and that means a lot considering what a drop in quality Lords of Shadows 2 was and how incredible I thought the first 30-45 minutes was.

Really hope Madhouse will change my mind on the game but unless it completely changes how the Baker family works or creates interesting enemies to fight I very much doubt it.

#notmyprey

#neverforget

preytommyassw1.jpg

That's #notmyprey either

giphy.gif

#neverforget

#fuckbethesda

I wish Arkane well, though. That game really doesn't catch my interest though.

Dinjoralo

Yeah... Fuck it, I'm refunding my game pump. This seriously looks like a sunken ship.

Dualshock 4 is sooo nice. I forgot what a good Dpad was with my time using the steam controller. I'll still use it with the games that benefit from the extra utility.

why is Prey coming out so soon, Dishonored just came out

I hope it's delayed so Arkane can add arcade challenges and collectibles and stuff

aw. Gamepump never even had a chance to pump.

I'm not going to ask for a refund as I will assume that if it isn't going to happen that I'll just receive a refund automatically if it crashes and burns.

Doubtful. More likely you'll have to dispute via your bank or paypal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do they need to generate keys? I thought they had an account system which made all games F2P.

Well, Valve employees and press accounts can "buy" items from the store at no cost, and the former in particular can still push delisted items through the backend as a normal purchase, but it's probably easier to just generate and register a key.

Nzyme32

Damn it, so many teasers these days. Even music gets frustrating teasers. I'd rather not know of these things at all till they can show off something more sizeable and closer to launch so I can actually get interested in the thing than wait out "hype" generation.

aw. Gamepump never even had a chance to pump.

I'm not going to ask for a refund as I will assume that if it isn't going to happen that I'll just receive a refund automatically if it crashes and burns.

If you do end up deciding on a refund, you have to go to the blog post about their issues. You can't even sub to it now anyway, and seemingly asking for a refund gets you the same non-responsiveness as trying to ask them questions or even signing up when it was available. Not worth leaving money with them imo. Happy to just spend it on other things, especially when all the games will be available to buy later anyway

Vlad

The switch getting a lot of old indie ports, made me realize I never finished some of the classics. Are games such as VVVVVV (too many V's?), World of Goo and Thomas Was Alone worth playing today, or are they only held in relatively high regard because they came out at the beginning of the indie "era" (when there wasn't a lot of competition)?

I'd say that all three of those are worth playing.

VVVVVV is still one of my favorites, and I still go back to it for a runthrough (once you know what you're doing you can beat the game in an hour or two) every so often. It's got that "just right" level of difficulty, too. Even the hardest part of the game (a section called "Veni Vidi Vici" or "Doing things the hard way"), while daunting, never feels insurmountable.

It also helps that the game has an awesome soundtrack. Every single song is amazing.

World of Goo is kind of like if Tim Burton did one of those bridge-building games. It's been a while since I played it, but I can't imagine it being any less playable now than it was back then, so definitely give it a shot.

Thomas Was Alone is the most conditional recommendation. The game isn't bad, but the gameplay is rather basic. The entire game is propped up by the story, which is entirely told via voiceover. The thing is that the voiceover is done REALLY well, and I gladly finished the entire game just to see what the next little chunk of the story was going to be. It's a pretty short game, and worth completing once, but don't expect a whole lot of interesting gameplay or challenge from it.

Parsnip

I was looking at the gamepump refund request form, and I'm not even sure what the "Confirmation number found on your PayPal receipt" is. Does that mean transaction ID? Because I don't see any confirmation numbers on my receipt.

ArjanN

I'm in on Prey for Arkane mostly, that trailer was just OK though. Seems pretty Bioshock-y, which makes sense given their pedigree.

My skeptical mind celebrates.

Yeah, I know you can request refund, but I was from the start skeptical enough about GamePump not to sub.

I would argue basing your purchasing decisions on speculation about a tweet isn't exactly the sign of a skeptical mind, but OK.

cyba89

What is my GamePump order confirmation number (never received an order confirmation from Gamepump)? Is it the transaction ID on my PayPal recipe?

EDIT: Ooops I'm late. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was looking at the gamepump refund request form, and I'm not even sure what the "Confirmation number found on your PayPal receipt" is. Does that mean transaction ID? Because I don't see any confirmation numbers on my receipt.

I put both that and the order number from the gamepump email just to be sure

Grief.exe

Beat Resident Evil 7 yesterday, and with a night to think over it, found it absolutely fantastic. My third favorite RE game of all time now, just behind REmake and RE4, and in some ways I think the game surpasses those.

Doing a Madhouse run today.

I watched the first boss last night on YouTube and the game seemed really cool. There was this interesting mix between environmental puzzles and action game occuring during the fight.

I'm not surprised that this will be a decisive entry.

Nzyme32

What is my GamePump order confirmation number (never received an order confirmation from Gamepump)? Is it the transaction ID on my PayPal recipe?

EDIT: Ooops I'm late. :p

Paypal only give the paypal receipt, and no confirmation email. The only possible number to use is the transaction ID from the paypal reciept, which is what I used. You have 180 days before you can't file a dispute, which is plenty of time. I sent my refund request via the gamepump form. I'll wait a week, and if I haven't heard back I'll just go the dispute route with Paypal

Parsnip

No email from pump at all (at least for the very early paypal pumpers).

Paypal only give the paypal receipt, and no confirmation email. The only possible number to use is the transaction ID from the paypal reciept, which is what I used. You have 180 days before you can't file a dispute, which is plenty of time. I sent my refund request via the gamepump form. I'll wait a week, and if I haven't heard back I'll just go the dispute route with Paypal

I suppose I will do the same in a few days if the silence continues.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome that Hitman is getting more support. I'll definitely dive back into those levels and get busted all over again. I wonder what those professional unlocks are? More costumes or like new sweet gear?

Awesome that Hitman is getting more support. I'll definitely dive back into those levels and get busted all over again. I wonder what those professional unlocks are? More costumes or like new sweet gear?

I think new suits are possible, but otherwise they'll probably be reskins of existing weapons/items. It doesn't sound fair to lock new items behind a mode many might not be able to play. Especially since item unlocks work throughout the game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Possibility A:
He is engaging in the world's least subtle conspiracy to scam a bunch of people using his real name and then get away with the scam by making tiny incremental changes to his Twitter account

Possibility B:
- he updated his professional website because he has a new professional website (note that his professional website also lists Gamepump stuff so it would be very weird to change his site to that if he was trying to secretly bury Gamepump)
- he updated his banner because he was hyped for zelda and there was recently an event that dated and showed off Zelda
- the tweet is just the same self-help garbage every entrepreneur ever has hanging on their walls

As always, if you want a refund, get a refund (notwithstanding people having anxiety attacks because the refund said it would be 2-3 business days and they waited 1 and didn't have a refund); and presumably if something happens that the service can't work period they'll refund everyone (if not you can get a refund through chargeback or paypal on their end)--which was what I said day one.

Granjinha

I wish. Sold like shit and published by Sega.

My guess is, never coming. Please be excited for new Total War.

Why the fuck wouldn't you be excited for a new Total War, though? Warhammer was one of the best games last year.

(i didn't mean to be agressive ok i just love Total War so i'm like PLEASE LOVE IT)

Possibility A:
He is engaging in the world's least subtle conspiracy to scam a bunch of people using his real name and then get away with the scam by making tiny incremental changes to his Twitter account

Possibility B:
- he updated his professional website because he has a new professional website (note that his professional website also lists Gamepump stuff so it would be very weird to change his site to that if he was trying to secretly bury Gamepump)
- he updated his banner because he was hyped for zelda and there was recently an event that dated and showed off Zelda
- the tweet is just the same self-help garbage every entrepreneur ever has hanging on their walls

As always, if you want a refund, get a refund (notwithstanding people having anxiety attacks because the refund said it would be 2-3 business days and they waited 1 and didn't have a refund); and presumably if something happens that the service can't work period they'll refund everyone (if not you can get a refund through chargeback or paypal on their end)--which was what I said day one.

I completely agree with the possibility B but it IS a bit weird considering the timing

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's time to admit you've fallen for the oldest scam in the book, people: the GAMEPUMP and Dump.

Lomax

The thing I find unlikely about Gamepump is that anyone would pay the $60 a year, even $20 a year doesn't seem worth it to me, but if their financial model relies on the $5 per game long term I just can't see that working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom