• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

The switch getting a lot of old indie ports, made me realize I never finished some of the classics. Are games such as VVVVVV (too many V's?), World of Goo and Thomas Was Alone worth playing today, or are they only held in relatively high regard because they came out at the beginning of the indie "era" (when there wasn't a lot of competition)?

I think Thomas Was Alone was a poor game. VVVVVV is so good though.

gngf123

The switch getting a lot of old indie ports, made me realize I never finished some of the classics. Are games such as VVVVVV (too many V's?), World of Goo and Thomas Was Alone worth playing today, or are they only held in relatively high regard because they came out at the beginning of the indie "era" (when there wasn't a lot of competition)?

VVVVVV is really simple, but amazing. You really should play it.

World of Goo holds up okay as well, it's a fun little puzzle game but definitely wouldn't get as much praise if it launched now instead of 2008. The soundtrack is still amazing, however.

I never liked Thomas Was Alone. Danny Wallace was the only good thing it had going for it.

gngf123

Really tempted to do that Gamepump refund as well.

I really want a project like this to be successful, but it's just been such a clusterfuck and it hasn't even launched yet. I have no faith in it at all.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Beat Resident Evil 7 yesterday, and with a night to think over it, found it absolutely fantastic. My third favorite RE game of all time now, just behind REmake and RE4, and in some ways I think the game surpasses those.

Doing a Madhouse run today.

derFeef

Beat Resident Evil 7 yesterday, and with a night to think over it, found it absolutely fantastic. My third favorite RE game of all time now, just behind REmake and RE4, and in some ways I think the game surpasses those.

Can't wait to fire that up. After that I will finally play REmake.

Plesiades

New Difficulty Level for Hitman (Professional) on January 31th.
C3BJCU3WEAEWCFS.jpg:large

Ascheroth

I have absolutely loved the 5 hours Ive played so far, took me totally by surrpise (well not so much since I hear it was good and a long proper game unlike the proof of concept 1 was), and if it keeps up, it will easily be in my favorites of the year.

Yeah, I haven't played Evoland 1 but knew a bit about the concept they were going for and had heard good things about the games.
But Evoland 2 really was better than I ever hoped. It's amazing how much care and polish is put into everything and there's a lot of different things in there.

That was three weeks ago. Removing your website from your twitter account completely and not giving any replies at all doesn't sound good.

Sure, that doesnt sound too good. I will keep the sub anyway, just for the option to sue this guy if he is trying to fool me. lol

But until that, i at least wait until March to see whats happening.

Old Humble gift link, I have no idea if it still works so gamble away!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Last Baron, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Contagion -- MB-649747E3789AADB9 - Taken by purseowner

Really glad to see SWAT 4 Gold Edition on GOG (or digitally in any form) I spent a good while getting a disc based version set up last year and lost it when I switched to SSD's. I gladly paid $10 for the ease of using GOG Galaxy instead the ass backwards way I did it before.

Buzzi

I think the lack of replies tells you everything you need to know, sadly.

It's funny when people mention this or that console exclusive, hinting at system-selling experiences. Uncharted (LOL), Halo (LOL), and Zelda (okay BotW looks incredible).

But for me the biggest crime is EA Sports complete absence on PC, sans FIFA. Tiger Woods in particular just baffles and infuriates me. Esp. considering the franchise has traditionally been featured on PC. The last game may have been poorly received, but the prior one, PGA Tour '14 is simply god-tier. I'd kill for a simple port of that game alone. I've got it on 360, but I'm just not a big-screen gamer anymore.

Le sigh.

Feared that :(
Actually I'd prefer something more...japanese, or cartoonish, and less serious than the EA Sports games, but if they were really the only good option I'd welcome them.
Sooner or later something good will come out hopefully...

Arminsc

I'm leaving work in about 1.5h and can't fucking wait to start it!

Phawx

aw. Gamepump never even had a chance to pump.

I'm not going to ask for a refund as I will assume that if it isn't going to happen that I'll just receive a refund automatically if it crashes and burns.

Backlogger

I'm not going to ask for a refund as I will assume that if it isn't going to happen that I'll just receive a refund automatically if it crashes and burns.

I hope that would be the case. I would just ask for one if I were you. Mine got processed pretty quickly via PayPal.

Sarcasm

Not necessarily. Not liek situations with other things have happened before like this and people ended up with no money back.

Wok

I'm doing the same. Sitting on my $20 gamepump virtual account. And waiting for a better time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom