• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

finished ff4 early today, game is good, i like it better than the original on snes which i didn't finish when i played it back then, game is actually shorter than i thought, which i think is sorta good because the quests don't feel like filler crap

gonna play advent rising next :0

advent_2017_01_30_03_ipsln.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
I set the color that way because my monitor makes the game look like their is a constant fog over everything. I just tried to do a different calibration and got this instead. This looks right on my OLED55e6p TV.

The game still looks foggy without reshade on. I feel like the HDR effect is fine for me.

The best thing about reshade is that it takes about 2 minutes to set up and the changes you make in game take into effect immediately.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/198836

Once again I'd take the PC version since I can set the game up to look however I want it to.
i honestly like the hazier look of the ps4 version better. it feels like a bright sunny day that it just hurts a bit to look

ofc the great thing about pc is that u can just change it to whatever u want (or leave it as it originally is), but i generally feel like visual mods take away the intended look and trade it for things i personally value less like fidelity

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 9.2. This release includes the following new features and bug fixes:
  • Added Steam review rating scores to users wishlists
  • Added OpenCritic.com reviews to store pages
  • Added a button to toggle live market updates for popular items on or off
  • Added a confirmation dialog when emptying your shopping cart
  • Add to Cart buttons will now display on larger wishlists
  • Added a "View badge progress" button to booster packs in inventory and on trading cards in market
  • Added an option for viewing user's wishlist data on their profile
  • Fixed a bug that caused other users inventory to not load price information under some circumstances
  • Updated age gate bypass to work with additional new age gate types
  • Fixed Steam store main menu dropdowns not being hidden on mouse out
  • Fixed issues on homepage when hiding the sidebar at some zoom levels and lower resolutions
  • Improved performance on store pages for users with large purchase histories
  • Fixed a bug where emoticons weren't correctly highlighted as owned on market pages
  • Fixed a bug in custom holiday profile themes that effected legitimate users of that theme
  • Fixed a bug where filtering a wishlist to items with coupons wouldn't work correctly
  • Fixed a bug that caused DLC selection on store pages not to work correctly
  • Fixed a bug that caused Early Access and coupon headers to not display correctly on the store
This update would not have been possible without the help of Gojira! Thanks again for all the help!

This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. Firefox users will update on their browser's regular update schedule, or by selecting "Check for updates" on their addons screen.

Firefox users can enjoy full functionality now with the exception of "quick sell" and "instant sell" buttons in your inventory, which is an issue I'm still investigating.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

20$ was what I was looking to spend.

On Topic, trying to do FFXIII again. Stop last time on Chapter 11, it's just such a fucking linear game that it a slog to get through. First 7 chapters done and I still can't play with the party yet... I get they had to gut the game, but there has been zero to do on my own. I do recall liking XIII-2 a lot with it's Pokemon style system

finished ff4 early today, game is good, i like it better than the original on snes which i didn't finish when i played it back then, game is actually shorter than i thought, which i think is sorta good because the quests don't feel like filler crap

gonna play advent rising next :0

OH MY GOD

I was so hyped for this game and then it fucking sucked

This game was supposed to Mass Effect before Mass Effect

Good luck lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
goddamn it, I know I should have shaken my head at this "
you know nothing john snow
" line in Evoland 2, but it make me chuckle >_<

haha, there were a lot of negativity towards the game when I googled it

but it can't be worse than kane & lynch :p

You would be shocked actually

It it an artifact of it's time and it may have actually gotten far worse as time goes on

so like the opposite of wine, a pile of wet cardboard with used coffee ground with moldy and brown bananas with old gravy on the side.

I remembered being hyped for Advent Rising as a teenager

I also remembered getting hype train getting blown up by X-Play when they reviewed it

Jesus I'm still salty that Orson Scott Card turned into a massive piece of shit

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't see much talk about The Witness, and a lot of people probably own it. I VERY HIGHLY recommend it if you like puzzles, however. The amount of painstaking design that went into it is very evident, and the world is beautiful.

20$ was what I was looking to spend.

On Topic, trying to do FFXIII again. Stop last time on Chapter 11, it's just such a fucking linear game that it a slog to get through. First 7 chapters done and I still can't play with the party yet... I get they had to gut the game, but there has been zero to do on my own. I do recall liking XIII-2 a lot with it's Pokemon style system

You stopped playing the game during the only part that isn't completely linear and were close to the end to boot, and decided to do the whole thing again?
The game has 0 replay value, your experience will be 100% identical on every playthrough and even if you enjoy the battle system the game takes way too long to lift all the restrictions to bother going through it all again.
It's already a slog the first time, without the novelty of experiencing the visuals and story for the first time I can only imagine what a drag it must be.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You stopped playing the game during the only part that isn't completely linear and were close to the end to boot, and decided to do the whole thing again?
The game has 0 replay value, your experience will be 100% identical on every playthrough and even if you enjoy the battle system the game takes way too long to lift all the restrictions to bother going through it all again.
It's already a slog the first time, without the novelty of experiencing the visuals and story for the first time I can only imagine what a drag it must be.

This was back in 2009 to be honest. So about 8 years ago. I remember very little of the title.

Lomax

OH MY GOD

I was so hyped for this game and then it fucking sucked

This game was supposed to Mass Effect before Mass Effect

Good luck lol

I kinda hated Final Fantasy II when it came out, it was annoyingly linear and didn't have any of the things I loved from the first Final Fantasy like making your own party and choosing classes. I did love Final Fantasy III later though. In retrospect I'm starting to think I just don't (and didn't) actually like jrpgs, or at least I much prefer the trappings of western RPG design.

Wok

I am surprised so many people are fans of Overwatch in this thread. I would watch a movie with Overwatch characters, but I am not convinced I would play the game.

Plus the fact that buying from the Taiwanese store looks shady.

Jawmuncher

I am surprised so many people are fans of Overwatch in this thread. I would watch a movie with Overwatch characters, but I am not convinced I would play the game.

The thread was in a fight for awhile when it became a mini Overwatch OT in itself around launch.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I got 430 hours with TF2

I'm okay with TF2:Waifu Edition

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You just need to abuse the special powers. But yeah, that wasn't my favorite part.

yeah once I started abusing the powers it got easier, still RNG central (like any
match 3
) tho which sucks.
Sylph Forest
after that was neat, so I got 2 of the 5 thingies now. Omw to the
demon capital in the past
now because I realised I had the
imperial coin
on me all along for
the dude to let me pass
(lol) and now its
tactics ogre
and its awesome :)

also, Slain Back From Hell is 60% off on Bundlestars, thats the cheapest its been I believe, for those that dont want to wait for the inevitable humble appearance

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
is there some sort of dress up component in Berseria? You guys keep posting all these pics of different outfits

There are some unlockable outfits and items to put on your character. Bangs, hats, sunglasses, cats, dolls, etc.

Nzyme32

Got all set up in the dark to play Metro 2033 Redux for the first time (since when I bought the original way back I was on a potato laptop). Looks beautiful until I see the fov, and realise it's one of those games without an option for it. What a mood ruiner. Thankfully, easy to change in the config files. Quite curious as to what the original version was meant to look like, since this is so damn nice, albeit even a gtx 1060 and i5 6600k can't quite maintain 60fps all the time with everything cranked up

Playing Forced Showdown this evening. I played it a little during the sale but I was kinda busy with work and such.

So far, I like it a lot. Ravager seems a bit overpowered, I couldn't clear the first floor with either of the two other contestants I have unlocked, but I cleared the entire first show with Ravager very easily. He has a card that gives him +15% damage to basic attacks for every stack of Frenzy he has, which essentially gives him +75% damage if you don't mash powers. If you draw both copies and play them, that makes +150% damage before any other buffs. Makes the floors very quick.

There seems to be a lot more quests related to the second show, so it looks like I'll be here awhile. Hopefully the gold will mount up so I can get more cards.

Got all set up in the dark to play Metro 2033 Redux for the first time (since when I bought the original way back I was on a potato laptop). Looks beautiful until I see the fov, and realise it's one of those games without an option for it. What a mood ruiner. Thankfully, easy to change in the config files. Quite curious as to what the original version was meant to look like, since this is so damn nice, albeit even a gtx 1060 and i5 6600k can't quite maintain 60fps all the time with everything cranked up

Imo one of the best fps campaigns ever made. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom