• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

MORE PICROSS COMING TO STEAM!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/568320/
ss_1381dcf4d5aec99f6e7eb83677eab587fb4a39df.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PaulSane, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1483536690z1.png

You did not lie. This is what I have finally settled to:
  • time required to finish the game,
  • Wilson score for Steam user ratings,
  • release year, but only for the last 3 years,
  • tags for F2P whale-targeting games, Steam cheevos, Early Access, and controller support.

vUVidfV.png
FYmMqdE.png

i need to try this

Knurek

rickyson1

my list:

(5 Points) - Eternal Card Game
(4 Points) - The House in Fata Morgana
(3 Points) - Stardew Valley
(2 Points) - XCOM 2
(1 Point) - STEINS;GATE[/QUOTE]

The House in Fata Morgana is fantastic and it was looking like it would easily be my #1 when I played it in the start of November

but then Eternal hit open beta and I started playing it

it's pretty much the perfect digital card game for me,I played Hearthstone off and on for a couple years and enjoyed it quite a bit but for all the fun it could be and how good the presentation was I often wished it was a bit deeper had less rng and so on

alternatives have popped up but I always found them super easy to discount due to messy looking interfaces and such making me not even really want to try getting into them and certainly not able to stomach watching streams of them

enter Eternal,it's got what I was looking for as far as gameplay goes and feels radically different than Hearthstone does and also has a nice clean looking presentation to it

easy to get into,nice and deep,and I can watch streams of it and actually follow along

it even made me completely ignore a Hearthstone expansion I was excited about

I stopped playing it for a week due to holidays and getting lost in Stardew Valley but looking to jump back in with the new season and I played it like CRAZY the month before that(to the tune of a whopping 182 hours)

All Steam games need achievements! I don't play games without achievements anymore. Feels pointless to me.

I even bought the DOOM Season Pass just to get the multiplayer achievements.

There are so many games that I would like to play but I just won't until they get achievements. That's why I'm super happy when an old game gets updated with achievements and I can finally play it. (Like the Amnesia games recently)

That mindset never fails to baffle me. I thought people in general cared less about achievements since the new console generation arrived.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That mindset never fails to baffle me. I thought people in general cared less about achievements since the new console generation arrived.

I like achievements, there's no reason not to have them. I don't care if I don't get them all, but it's nice to see something pop up while I'm playing, especially for stuff that's not tied to story progression or kill x number of bad guys etc. Something like finding an easter egg or a little stupid thing that you try being recognised is always great. Valve has a bunch of fun little achievements like that, the Lego games do usually too.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PaulSane, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PaulSane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut -- MB-D0D692467337EECE - Taken by Polishin8r. 3 entrants total.

t1483539010z1.png

Sarcasm

So how many of you doing the GAMEPUMP sub?

Tempted but I don't remember really much of what I played back then.

Only really remember in mid 90s playing the crap out of Conquest of the New World and some Sony CTF futuristic game.

Doomedfool

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now, if HL3 isn't announced this year,
it would never be announced after.

Well, Left 4 Dead 3 is presumably further along than Half-Life 3 and still hasn't been announced. Unless things have inverted since the JIRA leaks, which strongly pointed to L4D3 being in active development and HL3 in pre-production, announcing the latter this year would just be an empty gesture as it wouldn't even be close to having an estimated release date.

Well, Left 4 Dead 3 is presumably further along than Half-Life 3 and still hasn't been announced. Unless things have inverted since the JIRA leaks, which strongly pointed to L4D3 being in active development and HL3 in pre-production, announcing the latter this year would just be an empty gesture as it wouldn't even be close to having an estimated release date.

I still am kinda scared of L4D3, because I have the feeling it might be a cheap game with cosmetic microtransactions like CS:Go.

JaseC

I still am kinda scared of L4D3, because I have the feeling it might be a cheap game with cosmetic microtransactions like CS:Go.

I don't know about "cheap", but it's safe to assume that there'll be a microtransaction component. Overwatch is proof that a microtransaction-laden game can work on PSN and XBL, but I believe that Valve is done with consoles as the PS360 versions of CS:GO were never patched and the roadblock that prevented the release of the game on European stores never resolved. I'd go so far as to say that the only reason the game is on consoles at all is that it began life as port of CS:S and although there was a decision internally to focus exclusively on the PC version, it made more sense to complete the console versions than scrap them.

So how many of you doing the GAMEPUMP sub?

Tempted but I don't remember really much of what I played back then.

Only really remember in mid 90s playing the crap out of Conquest of the New World and some Sony CTF futuristic game.

I am, it's only $20, I've spent far more on far worse things.

I don't know about "cheap", but it's safe to assume that there'll be a microtransaction component. Overwatch is proof that a microtransaction-laden game can work on PSN and XBL, but I believe that Valve is done with consoles and the only reason CS:GO is on the PS360 at all is that it began life as a console port of CS:S (it's neither been patched nor released on European PSN stores).

Yeah. I understand that, but somehow it would be strange if L4D, even though it never took itself seriously, might have hats, ridiculous costumes, maybe even skins for the special infected and such stuff.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I played GTAV when it came out on PS3 and I have absolutely no memory of the story at all!

Owe some money, rob some banks?

It's really a Trevor story, IMO. Mike betrays him in 2004. It's 2013-2014 now. They're both in California--er--"San Andreas" after Mike "retries" from robbing and crookery that kills Brad, a friend of Trevors and fakes his death with Brad's body. Trevor figured they were friends and mourned him in those ten years.

Trevor, meanwhile in those 10 years gets hooked on meth (that he produces) to try to "start a global business" running guns and drugs around the world. Obviously, this isn't happening gets into bed with a Chinese billionaire that backs out at the last minute to contract another local crime family. Trevor takes them out, finds out Michael robbed a bank (with Franklin/last GTA5 protagonist) and goes to LA/Los Santos to find out if it's true.

Anyway, some heists and double-crosses by the "FIB"/FBI and "IAA"/CIA later. Mike and Trevor and Franklin rob the federal bank and get away clean (depending on the plan you made).

Big bad comes out of nowhere that is a Billionaire that Michael helped (and Franklin/Trevor got ropped into helping but got stiffed on payment while Michael got stiffed nearly in helping a movie producer that said Billionaire wanted out of the picture's movie business), along with the FBI that won't let Michael out of "witness protection" due to his handler being nearly caught in bad shit.

Trevor still wants to kill Michael over the bank heist gone-wrong and killing Brad in 2004. You (Franklin) have the option to kill either one of them or take option "C" and save them while killing the Billionaire and FBI handlers in the process. If you choose option C, they all go their own separate ways. Trevor goes back to trying to sling drugs with the millions from the gold they stole. Michael gets into the movie business with the person that big-bad-millionaire linked him up with.

Franklin? Franklin is minor. He goes from "boosting"/stealing cars to repossess for a shady car dealer, to Michael's "protoge" in heists, to living outside his lower-class LA crime-neighborhood in the hills of LA near Hollywood. He says he's going to help his friends out now, but that's about it.

So yeah, it's mostly Trevor's story. Which is fine with me because Trevor REALLY was hillarious while being completely depraved. It also helps that
Trevor is hinted to be better than he thinks he is despite the amount of abuse he had as a child going between Canada and America and his parents psychological abuse and abandonment
Plus the implied (strongly) bisexuality which would make him the... first(?) GTA Queer main-character.

FP GTA V is the best. I am still early in the game (in game says 25%), but I'm having a pretty good time.

It really is a game changer.

SolForge discontinued. Another Kickstarter ending there.

http://solforgegame.com/news/announcement-from-justin-gary/

Damn shame. I had hopes with Garfield attached. But it just being "Uncharted: Fight for Fortune" on PC and taking forever did it no favors.

JaseC

Yeah. I understand that, but somehow it would be strange if L4D, even though it never took itself seriously, might have hats, ridiculous costumes, maybe even skins for the special infected and such stuff.

I think Valve's done a good job of preserving the competitive nature of CS:GO while broadening the palette of microtransactions. It's made a point to not to implement hats and the weapon/glove skins don't distract from the core gameplay.

Nothing wrong with that, CSGO is great.

I am talking about the look of the game. I think it wouldnt fit with L4D if all of a sudden everyone has strange, funny looking hats, purple guns and stuff like that.

I think Valve's done a good job of preserving the competitive nature of CS:GO while broadening the palette of microtransactions. It's made a point to not implement hats and the weapon/glove skins don't distract from the core gameplay.

Yeah. I know. I still like CS:Go as well as TF2, but I think the whole artstyle of the game might suffer (if they decide to replicate the one from L4D1+2).

JaseC

Yeah. I know. I still like CS:Go as well as TF2, but I think the whole artstyle of the game might suffer (if they decide to replicate the one from L4D1+2).

I can certainly understand being a little sceptical, but I think CS:GO most of all shows that Valve is capable of drawing a well-placed line between microtransactions and the visual identity/tone of a game.

I am talking about the look of the game. I think it wouldnt fit with L4D if all of a sudden everyone has strange, funny looking hats, purple guns and stuff like that.

Well you wouldn't have believed that a 'serious' game like Counter Strike would work fine with those same purple weapons and flashy knives before they actually added this stuff, but it does. I doubt it'll matter in a game like L4D which doesn't even have a competitive angle to be mindful of.

EDIT - and by competitive I mean esports angle. I'm aware of the versus mode :p

Jimrpg

(5 points) - Steins;Gate
(4 points) - The House in Fata Morgana
(3 points) - The Witness

Hope its ok to have three games listed and not 5. I didn't buy that many 2016 games on Steam. The other 2016 games I purchased The Division and Stellaris I don't think deserve any points.

Even though I doubt Steins; Gate will win, I voted for it anyway. It was the best game I played all year and an easy 10/10. The story is such a thrill ride and I enjoyed every minute. The House in Fata Morgana was also fantastic, given the choice to newcomers, Steins;Gate is a much easier recommendation as the subject matter is more light hearted and fun than The House in Fata Morgana which is fairly dark the entire time. Finally The Witness is a really impressive one of a kind game. When it released I thought we'd see plenty of copy cats, but no its so difficult to execute a game like this just right. All three games I've picked seem to take their concept and deep dive and explore every facet, and that's what impresses me the most, the fact that the designer takes the gamer places that he hasn't been before. That's the difference between the three games I picked and The Division and Stellaris. In The Division, the game looks stunning, but it gets repetitive fast. In Stellaris, I feel like the 4X elements are too stock standard and there is a problem with micromanagement from very early on in the game.

Tizoc

They were 80% off so I took the plunge.
Well they wouldnt get any cheaper in future sales on steam knowing acti ;)
If they are going to be delisted then it would be in the coming days but if not the. Theyre still available for another year at least

Ill tweet hasbro and see if they got anything to say about the tf license

JaseC

Well they wouldnt get any cheaper in future sales on steam knowing acti ;)
If they are going to be delisted then it would be in the coming days but if not the. Theyre still available for another year at least

Ill tweet hasbro and see if they got anything to say about the tf license

I wouldn't expect an answer as the expiration date isn't mentioned in Acti's press release, but the point is moot as Acti has a habit of dumping licences before they expire.

abracadaver

Some Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 39 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lichdom: Battlemage -- MB-F42D297EF104FA3D - Taken by Raxanas. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Risen 3 - Titan Lords -- MB-5CEA2A8F36DE3DF0 - Taken by Ludens. 6 entrants total.
12 is Better Than 6 -- MB-66D8D5735278DE70 - Taken by Polishin8r. 16 entrants total.
Albino Lullababy: Episode 1 -- MB-A5FD032789ABA613 - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.
Battle vs Chess -- MB-245AFF0A664937AC - Taken by Stronghammer22. 2 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-DB33E55001EB6915 - Taken by AngmarsKing701. 1 entrants total.
Cast of the Seven Godsends -- MB-F9E79ADEAEFE5371 - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
Chivalry - Medieval Warfare -- MB-9CA058402D163860 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
Cosmonautica -- MB-1D2564A6A289C05C - Taken by Arthea. 1 entrants total.
Cross of the Dutchman -- MB-27A56D88295515E9 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Curses 'N Chaos -- MB-74EE2535BCA07C11 - Taken by Genki. 6 entrants total.
Dark Scavenger -- MB-940A729645A8DE7E - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
Dead in Bermuda -- MB-5B2C872844EC5039 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-40269A2E915FBE73 - Taken by omg_mjd. 1 entrants total.
Dinocide -- MB-80DFFFD3A110C06E - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Flying Tigers: Shadows over China -- MB-16CFA0654490DE62 - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Funk of Titan -- MB-94D501BDC3938074 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
GemCraft - Chasing Shadows -- MB-8BCD456954E3BC0F - Taken by oipic. 3 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Complete -- MB-4EEA91567F242BB0 - Taken by Giant Panda. 4 entrants total.
Horizon Shift -- MB-50F2A70236CB847B
I Shall Remain -- MB-E223C8BD54814594 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Joe Dever's Lone Wolf HD Remastered -- MB-1B2B4BA38726BA89 - Taken by Mikurden. 5 entrants total.
Kholat -- MB-A383B16CD75D3333 - Taken by spindoctor. 6 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-1066102787386219 - Taken by animlboogy. 2 entrants total.
Never Alone Arctic Collection -- MB-EE46769993A952B3 - Taken by Yakkue. 2 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-0608285E4F8D8C59 - Taken by Dangerblade. 5 entrants total.
One More Dungeon -- MB-D3D9F2BE1C196FF1 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-E1FADDA70338BC8B - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Riff Racer - Race Your Music! -- MB-87AA5390DDEF70BB - Taken by MaxiLive. 5 entrants total.
Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-504105994F5AC7FF - Taken by CheDominik. 3 entrants total.
Skullgirls -- MB-6A34996B93F04848 - Taken by Lord Snow. 5 entrants total.
Star Ruler 2 -- MB-C50DCFCC50617A77 - Taken by longlivegaming. 5 entrants total.
Super 3-D Noah's Ark -- MB-93B5DDE1AD02B6CE - Taken by fernandes. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-6C5D3A29DE928CE2 - Taken by Pachimari. 1 entrants total.
The Dream Machine: Chapter 1 & 2 -- MB-D8A5F8F2967D6E99 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
This Book is a Dungeon -- MB-00C8A6410A245B8A - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Office Politics -- MB-39C0BEEAD409E3FE - Taken by barber. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
POSTAL 2 -- MB-D9CA8C6E9B72C1B0
t1cxE6r.gif
POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost -- MB-D17990A4B66C3692 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.

t1483627405z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom