• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

VR Escape the space station -- MB-515A3395550A36CC - Taken by Zeknurn
Ultimate Word Search 2: Letter Boxed -- MB-0F53DDC881C84B75

take them

Ozium

Has anyone here ever heard of or used the site WinGameStore? With the use of enhanced steam, I noticed that WinGameStore has Superhot on sale for $12.49. I'm thinking about getting the game from them, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with the site before I take the plunge.

I know another poster let you know that it's cheaper at GMG but yes, WinGameStore (and MacGameStore, its sister site) are totally legit, often have good sales, and even have a points system to to get wallet credit.. it's a good site for future purchases.

Pixieking

Banned
Has anyone here ever heard of or used the site WinGameStore? With the use of enhanced steam, I noticed that WinGameStore has Superhot on sale for $12.49. I'm thinking about getting the game from them, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with the site before I take the plunge.

Yeah, they're totally legit. Bought a few games from them, and never had any issues. I know CecilRousso mentions GMG, which is cheaper, but they've had a lot of problems in the past, so for the want of a buck or two, I'd go for WinGameStore. :)

chronomac

My SSD order from Dell got canceled:
Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that your recent order xxxxx for the WD Blue PC SSD WDS250G1B0A - Solid state drive - 250 GB - internal - 2.5-inch - SATA 6Gb/s has been cancelled due to a pricing error on our Website. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Your payment method will not be charged for the item. In the event you have already been charged for the item, a credit will be promptly issued. Any authorization hold on your credit card account will be released in accordance with your financial institution's holds policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Dell Customer Care​

rahji

beat lightning returns today. I don't know what to think about. It ended with a bang and lot of CGI explosions but storywise I am not really satisfied.

It's $10.7* for a Steam version on GMG, using the LASTCHANCE15 voucher.

* GBP price on GMG, converted to USD using google.

Well after applying the voucher, the price goes to $12.15. Still, it is slightly cheaper & I already have an GMG account. So I'll go that route. Thanks for the info.

As for WinGameStore, it's nice to know it a legit site. I'll probably make an account with them in the future.

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that your recent order xxxxx for the WD Blue PC SSD WDS250G1B0A - Solid state drive - 250 GB - internal - 2.5-inch - SATA 6Gb/s has been cancelled due to a pricing error on our Website. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Your payment method will not be charged for the item. In the event you have already been charged for the item, a credit will be promptly issued. Any authorization hold on your credit card account will be released in accordance with your financial institution's holds policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

Regards,

Dell Customer Care​

that sucks...but expected

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont think its a scam, just incompetence (hell the site itself was put together with strings it seemed, you dont even make an account), but that being said... I paid with paypal, you wouldnt catch me putting my credit card in that site >_>

Firebrand

More tits for everyone. Wait, it's only 1 copy, so more tits for someone.

Didn't win, but thanks for this and to everyone else gifting stuff in here. Will need to find something myself to gift back.

Re: Wingamestore, pretty sure I've bought a few 2K titles from its sister site Macgamestore without any issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Y'all know the game already and they are still disappointing you.

cant be disapointed when you already had no expectations son!

anyway, finished Sneaky Sneaky as my #2 game of the year, that was cute and neat and all around pleasant. Back to Doom, really need to finish that asap, I love it but I love my hdd space more >_>

gngf123

I think Robert Bowling has enough of a reputation to not be involved with an outright scam. Maybe a disappointing service but that's the worst I'd expect.

This is probably more incompetence than anything.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
TiTS and snake boobs. A raucous Friday here in SteamGAF.

heh heh heh, while those chumps go after X-Com 2 I'll grab the anime game no one is going to enter for!

I think Robert Bowling has enough of a reputation to not be involved with an outright scam. Maybe a disappointing service but that's the worst I'd expect.

This is probably more incompetence than anything.

I'm not sure I'd say "not having the keys sent out by noon on the day they're supposed to release" qualifies as incompetence haha

While we're sorta-kinda-but-not-really on the subject of XCOM am I the only one who enjoyed The Bureau? Playing & enjoying it gave me the push to reinstall Enemy Unknown which I then put 200+ hours into after originally giving up on it rather quickly.

heh heh heh, while those chumps go after X-Com 2 I'll grab the anime game no one is going to enter for!

latest

AN ANIME!

I'LL STEAL IT!

NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!

gngf123

I'm not sure I'd say "not having the keys sent out by noon on the day they're supposed to release" qualifies as incompetence haha

It's night here, but yeah incompetence is definitely the wrong word to use. Just wish they would at least mention something, somewhere to hint at when they might be sent out instead of leaving everyone waiting.

While we're sorta-kinda-but-not-really on the subject of XCOM am I the only one who enjoyed The Bureau? Playing & enjoying it gave me the push to reinstall Enemy Unknown which I then put 200+ hours into after originally giving up on it rather quickly.

It reminded me of the first Mass Effect mechanically. The story was garbage but the gameplay was fun.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I enjoyed the Bureau. There were frustrating parts and unfinished edges, but I had a good time with the game and I think there was some promise there. Certainly it turned out better than the initial reveal where it was an FPS where you fight cubes

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Xcom 2 for $12? Damn.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Selling for 5$ in bst

These cheap games that I've been wanting to play for a while are testing my resolve to not buy games I won't play right away. And we're 6 days in to the new year.

Wok

These cheap games that I've been wanting to play for a while are testing my resolve to not buy games I won't play right away. And we're 6 days in to the new year.

I doubt it would get any cheaper anytime soon. Maybe in 6 months, maybe it would be a BTA for about $10 in a humble bundle, maybe...

I liked it as a "play in the background with podcasts/TV playing" game. Ran well on my older god awful PC.

vitormg

Neo Member
Finally back home to play some steam games I bought during the sale!
Can't wait to touch all of'em (and I'll stop lurking around and try to communicate with u guys, even though I don't anime :/)

I got:

ABZÛ
Limbo
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Half Life
Undertale
Ryse: Son of Rome

jediyoshi

Can someone tell how and where to configure the xbox controllers in Steam?

Big Picture Mode -> Controller Settings -> check Xbox Configuration Support -> restart Steam

Steam desktop -> Right click game in library -> edit Steam Controller Configuration

Cels

Dear Valued Customer,

Regards,

Dell Customer Care​

same, my order was canceled too. some people have gotten them shipped already, they probably ordered early or paid extra for expedited shipping

Deques

Big Picture Mode -> Controller Settings -> check Xbox Configuration Support -> restart Steam

Steam desktop -> Right click game in library -> edit Steam Controller Configuration

Thanks

Great! A game that didn't have xbox one controller support now can be played with xbox one controller :D

OneUh8

Finally back home to play some steam games I bought during the sale!
Can't wait to touch all of'em (and I'll stop lurking around and try to communicate with u guys, even though I don't anime :/)

I got:

ABZÛ
Limbo
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Half Life
Undertale
Ryse: Son of Rome

Have you played Half-Life before? Check out Black Mesa after you do. They hope to be done with it sometime this year.

gelf

Damn if that Humble monthy had used almost any of the other games it contains for the preview then I'd probably have bought it.

Oh well most of the bundles haven't impressed me much making me glad I didn't go for them so you win some you lose some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom