• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

I decided to PUMP

camp3.png

But in return i was DUMPED

sad-kid.jpg

Figured this was probably the best board to ask this on, I need some quick modding help:

So I just got my laptop set up with Steam, going to download some Fallout New Vegas mods. They advise making a backup of your Steam folder first, which I did. But instead of using Steam's "backup games" tutorial via their website, I just copy and pasted my Steam folder to a new folder and called it "Steambackup" and kept it outside of my Program Files (x86) directory. Is this good enough?

Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop + Steam Workshop Support coming early 2017

I was going to say, "See look Valve does make new stuff, they made new content for Alien Swarm" but then I saw it was a mod team effort.

Still cool though

Figured this was probably the best board to ask this on, I need some quick modding help:

So I just got my laptop set up with Steam, going to download some Fallout New Vegas mods. They advise making a backup of your Steam folder first, which I did. But instead of using Steam's "backup games" tutorial via their website, I just copy and pasted my Steam folder to a new folder and called it "Steambackup" and kept it outside of my Program Files (x86) directory. Is this good enough?

That's fine. It doesn't even matter that much because you can just verify the game files through Steam to fix anything really bad.

illusionary

A key that I claimed without realising that I already had the game, plus I hd a spare copy of LIMBO lying around:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (illusionary, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Chompy Chompy Chomp -- MB-D84AE0D0D21B86CD - Taken by voodooray
LIMBO -- MB-F9EFAA6FBA97018A - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gang Beasts (33%) and Firewatch (40%) are the new (and super late) Weekend deals. Its the same discounts they had during the witner sale.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
GamersGate has the Commandos collection for $1.95 and redeems on Steam.

The individual games are $0.60 each if you already have some of them.

They've been in bundles a lot but I figured someone might be interested considering all the Shadow Tactics hype lately.

Monooboe

Man, can I remove The Divison from my GOTY list? I forgot how frustrating the late game bosses became.T_T Like three bullet sponges after each other will make anyone break their controllers.... Nah still love the game.:D

Vamphuntr

Man, can I remove The Divison from my GOTY list? I forgot how frustrating the late game bosses became.T_T Like three bullet sponges after each other will make anyone break their controllers.... Nah still love the game.:D

I was turned off from the game because of it. It's basically an MMO. You need to grind until you get THE gun drop to carry you. Otherwise all the bosses have armor bars and you can shoot them 80 times in the face and barely scratch them will enemies have an infinite supply of grenades to toss at you.

Item scaling is also pretty bad in this. Enemies will drop 90 Armor when you actually need a 275 one. So you grind for money in the dumb MMO encounters missions.

gngf123

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Project Cars -- MB-2BB0EE314CD44DCD - Taken by fspm. 22 entrants total.

t1483738962z1.png

Enjoy

Monooboe

I was turned off from the game because of it. It's basically an MMO. You need to grind until you get THE gun drop to carry you. Otherwise all the bosses have armor bars and you can shoot them 80 times in the face and barely scratch them will enemies have an infinite supply of grenades to toss at you.

Item scaling is also pretty bad in this. Enemies will drop 90 Armor when you actually need a 275 one. So you grind for money in the dumb MMO encounters missions.

I think I reaffirmed my like for the game by restarting it on Xhox One, I really like when it is more forgiving, mostly by oneself being somewhat a bulletsponge but later when one can die suddenly by just regular enemies. Still, I got the gold edition so I am excited for the survival mode.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished DOOM. Having played through the original for the first time last year I still think it's superior but man is the new one good. Now where's my game, pump?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Injustice 2 coming may 16th. That still has no PC version announced right?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM 2 -- MB-3CE53D182C03B4A7 - Taken by ctw0e. 46 entrants total.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC -- MB-BA5394D296799564 - Taken by gelf. 27 entrants total.

t1483743251z1.png

For you STALKER and Russian game dev fans, Escape From Tarkov is looking to be a pretty deep game.

2016 Dev Summary (18:45)

Insane gun customization and modeling, things like barrel lengths and stocks folded or not effect handling in tight spaces, blind fire around corners and over cover where you actually fire blind and can't see the enemy, and WEAPON DEGRADATION AND JAMMING. I love it.

Oh, also a day night cycle and variable weather. Night is DARK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom