• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Czh3blo.gif

That's XCOM baby!

tumblr_o24kgtjKgP1qi7vf4o1_500.gif

So, Witcher 3 isn't kidding when it hands out those skulls by the enemy names. Some flying thingy killed me before I even saw its name.

Skulls just mean the enemy is waaaay above your level, IIRC, at which point the damage you deal, and the damage they deal, are on different planes of existence. Turns normal enemies into bosses.

I fought a golem ten levels above my Geralt's level once. It was the hardest fight in the game by a wide margin. Could only take a hit or two before dying, but fortunately I had strong signs and so many potions that I could recover from it.

Coreda

Been dabbling a bit with Shelter 2. If there's one thing that is frustrating it's the sluggish camera. Let's just say things happen and you seem to be required to act yet due to the camera moving at a much slower pace than the mouse (even with the highest mouse sensitivity setting) it's difficult to control. So other things happen as a result. Gorgeous and unique art design is what makes it.

Mobile port ? Refund it is fuc' them.

So are the Shantae games...

Coreda

Weren't the Shantae games port of DS version?

Sure, but I don't see how it's that much different. It still suffered from that mobile port feel. Lit was originally made for the Wii, later receiving an iOS/Android port.

Frankly those expecting Gamepump to consist of a stellar selection I think are setting themselves up for disappointment. There's too much unknown for me to feel positive about it. Those like Stump don't mind so much since they're ready to sell the keys of any games they don't like, but if there were great games in the pipe it would do more for publicity to announce it rather than not disclosing them imo which makes me skeptical of what will be released.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
100% on Hexcells, that sure was addicting.

Also making good progress on the 52 challenge, already 4 down (granted three of them were 3 hours but still :p).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Indiegala has this huge Daedelic bundle for $15.99, pretty good if you dont own any / most of them. Not so much for most of us who probably own at least half if not more. Still, putting it out there.

Also, Bundle Stars has another Forge of Gods free pack, this time its the Promote Pack (last time it was the Dragon Trainer pack). Only 3 actions, 2 of them you probably already did before (join their newsletter and steam group) and the other is just viewing the deals page.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I fought a golem ten levels above my Geralt's level once. It was the hardest fight in the game by a wide margin. Could only take a hit or two before dying, but fortunately I had strong signs and so many potions that I could recover from it.

Yeah, there's a level 48 archgriffin on an island in the northern part of Skellige and I managed to beat it despite being level 30-something. The battle lasted a good 20 or so minutes. I was quite proud of myself!

I'm a little bit into Chapter 3. I'm going to stick it out, but I think this will be my last VN. The format just doesn't click with me. Especially since I haven't made a single meaningful choice, unless responding to some emails about cookies and things counts as meaningful.

I'm also about mid-way through Shadowrun, which is funny because someone just mentioned they were playing that, too.

That was me, Shadowrun is awesome.

Stick with Steins Gate, trust me.

Hope you're having fun :)

tumblr_o34vczpYpk1tib7mso1_540.jpg

Lol. At least there's always that element of uncertainty to keep it tense.

dex3108

Skulls just mean the enemy is waaaay above your level, IIRC, at which point the damage you deal, and the damage they deal, are on different planes of existence. Turns normal enemies into bosses.

I did the same but it was so boring. It wasn't hard at all it was simply boring. And i used potions, signs everything. No matter what you deal small amount of damage. And that's the big issue with game in the end fighting higher level enemies is simply number game not skill game.

Been dabbling a bit with Shelter 2. If there's one thing that is frustrating it's the sluggish camera. Let's just say things happen and you seem to be required to act yet due to the camera moving at a much slower pace than the mouse (even with the highest mouse sensitivity setting) it's difficult to control. So other things happen as a result. Gorgeous and unique art design is what makes it.

So are the Shantae games...

Lit on iOS and Lit on Wii aren't the same game.
iOS game is like a demake in 2D, and is free. Although BernardoOne brought clarification. If it was the mobile port as it is, you were basically paying for a downport that is free on its original platform.

Shantae games aren't demakes but upport. You'd have a point if Wayforward made a specific version of these games, for mobile, that is downgraded.

M.D

Closing that third and last part on Argent D'Nur... I needed more than 1 charge on the BFG.

I've made a huge mistake.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Disc Jam Beta -- MB-5A1A89014DFD3FA9 - Taken by salazar547
Enjoy

zkylon

zkylewd
ok finished doom

game was pretty fun, i feel like it really found its stride when they finish giving you all your weapons (i love the fact they run out of numbers and give u weapons on t and g lol) and stop introducing new enemies and it just becomes a challenge course of big open arena after big open arena, complete with bosses at the end and everything

i also appreciated the little bits of very light puzzle solving and platforming and the secret hunting was pretty satisfying even tho the upgrade that marks secrets on the map makes it less fun and more tedious (which i guess is the problem with secrets in all games nowadays), but it's still satisfying to figure out how to get to the secret areas and whatnot

i don't really see the amazing sense of humor and self awareness the noclip documentary and the giantbomb people talk about, i found the story stuff to be really underwhelming and boring which is surprising considering you spend most of the time talking to optimus prime on the radio. it just didn't work for me and while i know you shouldn't expect much of it i still wished they could've strung together a better reason for you to do the things you have to do and they could've crafted better characters than those idiots. the doom guy actually has a lot of personality (
i like the part where he like backups vega to "save him"
) and i guess samuel hayden is there to play straight man to doom guy just being angry at shit but idk what's their excuse for evil cult tilda swinton lady being a husk of a character

but yeah, it's a good game that gives you a really big set of tools of murder and an interesting variety of monsters to do the murdering on, set in fast pace oriented and well designed arenas and it's just a fun thing to do. i ended up liking it more than i thought i would initially, but won't really have a lasting impression on me

i'm considering if it might creep up on my goty list as maybe the tenth game but got to think about it some more

Rhaknar

So... are you getting RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil?

yes.

Hexcells Plus is much harder than the first one, damn. I guess in a way it imediatly picks up where the first one left off, difficulty wise.

Jawmuncher

2 weeks away and I have next to no hype.
I hope it's good. I've felt the marketing has sucked. But it's doing its job. Since you can tell it's mainly focused at anyone who didn't like that 4-6 weren't "scary". I've said before though RE is more than that to me, but that's about all I've gotten from marketing, which I didn't need.

TI82

Banned
Superhot - $12.49
http://www.wingamestore.com/product/5631/SUPERHOT/

Supposedly a record low?

2 weeks away and I have next to no hype.
I hope it's good. I've felt the marketing has sucked. But it's doing its job. Since you can tell it's mainly focused at anyone who didn't like that 4-6 weren't "scary". I've said before though RE is more than that to me, but that's about all I've gotten from marketing, which I didn't need.

the prequel/demo is damn good. I know the full game is supposed to be more... actiony? But still, it's great.

It's slightly cheaper on GMG right now, with the LASTCHANCE15 voucher.

Ah, oh well

Jawmuncher

Superhot - $12.49
http://www.wingamestore.com/product/5631/SUPERHOT/

Supposedly a record low?

the prequel/demo is damn good. I know the full game is supposed to be more... actiony? But still, it's great.

Ah, oh well

Was unimpressed with the demo. Didn't find it scary due to how easy it is to break it unintentionally. Aside from that it's such a small piece of the actual gameplay loop, that I just find it uninteresting. I've played the demo numerous times too. Played every update as it rolled out on PS4, and got the dirty coin on pc, Xbox, and PS4. So it's not for a lack of trying to be impressed. But the demo is a big part of why I say they pushed "it's scary now" more than anything. Since that's all I felt the demo tried to accomplish. Which for me is the last thing I needed to be sold on.

omg_mjd

Anyone in Southeast Asia who wants a gift copy of Frozen Synapse Prime, Half Life 2 or Half Life 2: Episode 1? Just PM me.

Rhaknar

man fuck this game, fuck all these types of games ;_;

really wish you could save state like you can in paint it back tho, cause I gotta go out and I just wasted like 25minutes on this puzzle for nothing. Oh well :/

TI82

Banned
Was unimpressed with the demo. Didn't find it scary due to how easy it is to break it unintentionally. Aside from that it's such a small piece of the actual gameplay loop, that I just find it uninteresting. I've played the demo numerous times too. Played every update as it rolled out on PS4, and got the dirty coin on pc, Xbox, and PS4. So it's not for a lack of trying to be impressed. But the demo is a big part of why I say they pushed "it's scary now" more than anything. Since that's all I felt the demo tried to accomplish. Which for me is the last thing I needed to be sold on.

*shrug

can't help you there then, sounds like you aren't interested at all in what the rest of us are

Jawmuncher

*shrug

can't help you there then, sounds like you aren't interested at all in what the rest of us are

I'll be waiting for the final game and getting it day one still. Have played all the other REs and I know enough about how RE7 progresses that I'm still interested. But at the same point in time of RE6s upcoming release. I was super pumped. I'm sad it's not the same thing here for me:

man fuck this game, fuck all these types of games ;_;

really wish you could save state like you can in paint it back tho, cause I gotta go out and I just wasted like 25minutes on this puzzle for nothing. Oh well :/

Hexcells Plus? I had the same problem, and it can get pretty bad considering how difficult some of the later puzzles can be. On the bright side, save states is a feature in Hexcells Infinite.

Phinor

so...should i buy xcom2 dlc?

If you have already played through the campaign at least once and want to spice it up a bit, then I'd say yes although probably not at full season pass price. For first playthrough I would recommend against the DLC because while it adds stuff to the campaign, it's not necessarily better experience.

gelf

Noticed it was £26 on Amazon. I almost never pre order but that combined with the demo was enough to tempt me. My first day one RE since the Gamecube ones.

Oh wow you sold me on the game with just that sentence. Wishlisted!

Seems really cool so far and a high quality game. After you die you plug into "the matrix" and select one of 3 "clones" all with different abilities and start on floor 1 of 32 procedural generated floors with bosses every 6 floors. Any cash you earn during a run can be used to permanently upgrade you health, damage, add more implant slots etc...

It has an obvious blade runner vibe and my first guy was even automatically called Rutger Hauer. He saw some shit before he died on floor 4.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom