• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Did Valve reverse the 2 hours thing with the cards?

I got drops way before my games hit that timer, at least with 4 different titles.

Apparently it goes away if you haven't had a refund in awhile? Though I got a refund and got quicker card drops too. No more needing to idle them all to 2 hours

I wish card drop notifications would appear immediately instead of waiting after I exit the game.

I don't want to keep relaunching crappy games to see if I got the card

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Parsnip, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM 2 -- MB-9760181CA167DA52 - Taken by NeoRaider. 57 entrants total.

t1483834480z1.png

gngf123

It has to do with having gotten refunds lately, I think it was in place to make sure there weren't people selling cards for games and then refunding the game.

This would make sense, because I've always had card drops within the first couple of hours and I never refunded.

I did my first refund last week.

illusionary

Just beaten Pony Island (I think!) - now I see what the fuss about this game has been about! I'll need to go back and look for a few more tickets, though. Certainly the game's well worth the recent sale price.

Asmodeus got me.

Jawmuncher

It was a bit of work. But having the mass effect teammates in Xcom 2 is nice. Especially with the corresponding voice pack.

Orgen

Just beaten Pony Island (I think!) - now I see what the fuss about this game has been about! I'll need to go back and look for a few more tickets, though. Certainly the game's well worth the recent sale price.

Asmodeus got me.

Yep, try to get all the tickets so you can enjoy... Well, just get them :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have now tallied 76 votes for our SteamGAF GOTY voting from the following people:

Sarcasm, Sinatar, Iron Badger, Vazra, Aaron D., PandaPedinte, Amzin, Knurek, Hektor, AHA-Lambda, spinalscratch, Leafhopper, Dongs Macabre, More_Badass, Tizoc, KingKong, ScreamingTrees, Bonfires Down, SatelliteOfLove, AbundantChoice, Adnor, The_Super_Inframan, Kurt Russell, Stallion Free, Wok, diabolusinmusica, hardcastlemccormick, Anno, Uraizen, Spirited, Baron_Calamity, The Dear Leader, def ault, InquisitorAles, Ascheroth, NeoRaider, fantomena, Phinor, dex3108, sprinkles, Parsnip, cyba89, Large Professor, Nzyme32, Stumpokapow, SilentMatthew, QFNS, the_firewithin, Arthea, Khronico, texhnolyze, Lain, rickyson1, ThirtyFour, CecilRousso, Monooboe, laserlaser, Admodieus, septicore, Locust, Ucchedavāda, Flips360, Teggy, Yakkue, Roboleon, Orgen, Jawmuncher, Atraveller, Wo33er, Rhaknar, JarrodL, Axass, Echoplx, Funyarinpa, Nete, Baron von Loathsome

If your name is on this list, congrats and please ignore all my future nagging.

For the rest of you, you only have
t1484611200z4.png

left until voting closes, so be sure and get your ballots to me on time.

Look for information in this month's OP!

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
GOTY:
(5 Points) - Dark Souls 3
(4 Points) - Doom
(3 Points) - Steamworld Heist
(2 Points) - Inside
(1 Point) - Superhot

EA:
(3 Points) - Factorio
(2 Points) - Slime Rancher
(1 Point) - Besiege

What an awesome year :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
GOTY:
(5 Points) - Dark Souls 3
(4 Points) - Doom
(3 Points) - Steamworld Heist
(2 Points) - Inside
(1 Point) - Superhot

EA:
(3 Points) - Factorio
(2 Points) - Slime Rancher
(1 Point) - Besiege

What an awesome year :)

Be sure to PM those choices to me so they can get tallied properly :)

Sarcasm

Wow try to log into Origin, last three days says it is unavailable. So I try support and get to the point where I need to log in.

Then I get your credentials have expired change password. Do that and successfully change. Still get same message.

Guess my EA account is forever unusable.

Teggy

I just started up Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. God, this game is cheesy as hell, it's great.

I wish I could play the old XMEN games that were on the original Xbox. I bounced off the first one for some reason but would like to give them another try. I actually still have my xbox, but I don't know if I'm going there.

Did RotR bug out on me?

im near the end when i need to save a friend which i did and get a cut scene. However after the cutscene it drops me back at a campfire when it was supposed to keep me where i was during the cutscene.

is this a known bug?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so reading the Family Share faq, if im understanding correctly:

"Can two users share a library and both play at the same time?
No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.

When I authorize a device to lend my library to others, do I limit my own ability to access and play my games?
As the account holder, you may always access and play your games at any time. If you decide to start playing when another user is already playing one of your games, he/she will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing."

so my friend cant play any game at all if im playing something? If so that is completely useless.

yuraya

Did Valve reverse the 2 hours thing with the cards?

I got drops way before my games hit that timer, at least with 4 different titles.

Its been like that for several months now. Glad they did it and it actually made me care about cards/market again. It was absurd prior to that where you had to play games for freaking 5hrs to get all the cards.

header.jpg

GOTY:
(5 Points) - 1 - Hitman
(4 Points) - 2 - Far Cry Primal
(3 Points) - 3 - Firewatch
(1 Point) - 5 - Xenus 2 White Gold

I think Hitman should win GOTY because it updates the classic Hitman formula, taking out the buggy unpredictability of it's predecessors, but keeping the comic unpredictability, and wraps it into a polished package that people new to the series can get into, shallow or deep as they like. It's now one of a small few stealth games that have such a huge space of opportunity *after* something goes bad that I'm not instantly reloading. Oddly enough, failing is fun! The risk of making it a service with ongoing episodes and elusive targets paid off in a big way and now I want to play the maps of Season 2 as they release.

DLC:
(3 Points) - DLC 1 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine
(2 Points) - DLC 2 - The Division: Survival
(1 Point) - DLC 3 - ARMA Apex

header.jpg

EA:
(3 Points) - EA Game 1 - Slime Rancher
(2 Points) - EA Game 2 - CrossCode
(1 Point) - EA Game 3 - The Forest

I think Slime Rancher should win Early Access GOTY because it is a game that's wonderfully fun to play and has a darling art style. The whole game has a light touch that makes me want to hang around farming these friendly slimes and upgrading my Range. The Devs have a clear roadmap planned and update frequently, and are leveraging Steam features to add extra value (native Steam Controller support, achievements, cards, Mac and Linux). I think it has the potential to be the next indie breakout, but being in Early Access a year and nearing half a million owners, it already is.

tuxfool

Banned

When I authorize a device to lend my library to others, do I limit my own ability to access and play my games?
As the account holder, you may always access and play your games at any time. If you decide to start playing when another user is already playing one of your games, he/she will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing."

so my friend cant play any game at all if im playing something? If so that is completely useless.

you're sharing the library not the games.

Man these past couple of days X-COM 2 would freeze on me after about 2 hours of game time. I've had to hard reset my pc every time. Anyone experience this?

gngf123

They can't play anything from your library while you are playing something, yes.

Sarcasm

He can play his own account while you play your own account.

Now you can play his while he plays yours if you both shared.

Teggy

Steins Gate's story really is something else.

I'm a little bit into Chapter 3. I'm going to stick it out, but I think this will be my last VN. The format just doesn't click with me. Especially since I haven't made a single meaningful choice, unless responding to some emails about cookies and things counts as meaningful.

I'm also about mid-way through Shadowrun, which is funny because someone just mentioned they were playing that, too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He can play his own account while you play your own account.

Now you can play his while he plays yours if you both shared.

the idea is for him to play my Doom for example, now that im done with it. But if he can only do that when im not on, well thats like I said, useless, since im always on. Oh well.

Kagemusha

Abzu has great sound design and music. It has technical problems though. Game froze on me 10 minutes in and then again an hour later. I think I"m close to the end. I"m going to eat dinner and then finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom