• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Respectable choice though. Having been frustrated with the overly simplistic or binary endings of many games in the past 5 or 6 years. Thanks for your thoughts.
yeah

i think there are issues with the story and the ending but i think the whole vagueness of it is a positive point for it

I can't imagine destruction being cheap though.
idk, when i see something like doom, which has like 10x the detail because it's first person and it's doing like real time physics and ai, run at a super solid 60 fps i just feel like firaxis just fucked up

i don't exactly remember right now how xcom 2 did it but destructible environments can be something as simple as objects switching between differents assets that represent how broken down they are

besides, it's all turn based so it's not like it's doing calculations on every frame

Vlad

Ucchedavāda;227876058 said:
Hexcells Plus? I had the same problem, and it can get pretty bad considering how difficult some of the later puzzles can be. On the bright side, save states is a feature in Hexcells Infinite.

I'd usually take a screenshot of the puzzle if I needed to take a break, and just re-check all the hexes that I already solved using the image as a guide.

Nzyme32

Is it worth it? With lag/resolution etc.

Lag hasn't been a problem for us and neither has resolution. On wifi we get the occasional blip manifesting as a slight drop in bit rate, but even that is barely noticeable. Hardwired is flawless.

Used wifi over the new year with Steam Link I got as a gift for a friend. Watched a whole bunch of movies from the PC to the Link, web browsing, playing a bunch of games, streaming new years broadcasts over the web (french and russian friends). All worked wonderfully.

data

Is there a reason why I always get booster packs for the same games? Have gotten 2 Advert City ones and 3 for ASMR Universe but nothing else

Jawmuncher

It's a banned game on GAF btw. As in not allowed to discuss.

It's Criminal Girls, Jan 11 2017

You guys are way too scared. Stump even said such games can be mentioned. I've PMed him about the matter in the past, and have explained as much in this thread with his approval.
So you can say X game got a release date, and move on. Just don't make it the topic of discussion.

Wok

I have no idea what you are talking about. Where can I find a list of the banned games on GAF?

Edit: Please don't ban me for asking.

Edit²: Ok, all boring games anyway.

Jawmuncher

I have no idea what you are talking about. Where can I find a list of the banned games on GAF?

Edit: Please don't ban me for asking.

Criminal Girls, Hatred, & Monster Monpiece are the only ones that come to mind. Then there's just common sense on the H games and such.

Teggy

The GAMEPUMPDUMP is real

I wound up doing it too. Not because of the money, but because I decided at the end of the year I'm going to try not buying bundles this year full of games I'm not likely to play.

To anyone who has played NieR, is the point where
Yonah gets kidnapped
the halfway point or not even halfway?

data

How correct are the dates on the upcoming tab? Are Night in the woods and Pit People actually releasing in a few days?

Jawmuncher

How correct are the dates on the upcoming tab? Are Night in the woods and Pit People actually releasing in a few days?

It's 50/50. Most of the time they're legit, but sometimes the devs do just put placeholders and forget about them.

PaulSane

That's a gray area I don't have an answer to.

Ah, sorry, i wasn't asking you specifically - just quoted your post for convenience sake :)

Hide it between 5 other giveaways

I don't have that many games to give away :p I guess i might do a mystery giveaway of another game then (wink-wink) >_>

Yes.

You can PM the code to me.

Inbox me the key and problem solved.

I knew SteamGAF had the most helpful community :p

Combat in Fallout 4 is so much better than 3 and NV.

Had a Queen Mirelurk pop up but thankfully there was a house with 2/3 of a Bro patrol nearby. After finishing her off through the windows I looked for around but couldn't find them. Until I saw the goo piles.

I will make use of your power armor dude.

Do we have any guide that explains of to configure an Xbox One controller as a Steam Controller?

Trying to play Beyong Good and Evil with my controller. Wish me luck.

PaulSane

On a slightly unrelated note, i've been trying to produce a list for SteamGAF GOTY awards, but i'm not sure if i even played enough eligible games this year - i've been playing mostly older games like Sacrifice, Majesty, Titan Quest, SPAZ etc. (due to 2016 being my first year on Steam after a long hiatus), or the games that haven't even been released yet (hint: look at my previous post :p). And from the games that are eligible, some i haven't played enough to pass a judgement yet (for example, God Eater, Dragon's Dogma). If i were to include only eligible games that i have completed, my list would be a mix of NISA\Idea Factory titles + Xanadu Next.
Can i submit an incomplete list if i feel like some of the eligible games don't deserve to be on it? :) Or should i include those games anyway just to fill the spots?

duppolo

Get Shen's last gift. The others are kind of skippable -- ALC is all cosmetic items so it depends on how much you like dressing up your soldiers. Alien Hunters adds a new mission and some new weapons, so it's kind of in between, but hardly nessecary.

what does shen add to make it a good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom