• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgraded my internet connection plan yesterday, but now it won't connect through the usual LAN cable to my PC. It's 'identifying' non stop. What do?

I want to install XCOM 2 on my GPD WIN to see if it's even remotely playable, but the download is huge.

Anyone want to tell me I'm wasting my time before I start?

rtcn63

My mini-turrets in Bioshock 2 attacked the security bots from the camera I myself hacked.

When they improved the combat mechanics, I don't think they tweaked the difficulty enough to compensate. At the end of Siren Alley (the third level), I have had no issue with ammo, health, or money. And I'll purposefully burn through my first aids before letting myself revive from a vita-chamber. It's... fun, but disappointing. Easier than Bio 1, which admittedly wasn't that hard either in the second half.

Third crash. While protecting a little sister... seeing a pattern.

Kiru

After having played Triad Wars like crazy, I finally played and 100% completed Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition. Just awesome. I still hope there will be a sequel one day, even tho by some other devs. RIP UFG :(

Jawmuncher

After having played Triad Wars like crazy, I finally played and 100% completed Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition. Just awesome. I still hope there will be a sequel one day, even tho by some other devs. RIP UFG :(

Now you can take a trip down memory lane and play the originals.
True_Crime_-_Streets_of_LA_coverart.jpg
True_Crime_-_New_York_City_Coverart.jpg

Nzyme32

Decided to start over with Xcom 2 and do it properly - mostly blind since I hadn't had time to play it, and doing Ironman. It is god damn intense doing it this way. Really liking it!

I want to install XCOM 2 on my GPD WIN to see if it's even remotely playable, but the download is huge.

Anyone want to tell me I'm wasting my time before I start?

I am almost 100% certain it will run like shit, considering my 5 year old laptop couldn't run it and that runs everything better than GPD WIN.

xezuru

Now you can take a trip down memory lane and play the originals.
True_Crime_-_Streets_of_LA_coverart.jpg
True_Crime_-_New_York_City_Coverart.jpg

No Hyperbole True Crime Streets of LA is probably my favorite open world game, every single open world game gives me the notion of extreme filler, tedious combat and traveling, and repetition from top to bottom. LA has some of these, like badge farming and such, but at leas the story is that perfect line of Christopher Walken stupid and the upgrades when you actually get to them are unparalleled in the world of open world bulletsponge/killwaves.

Screens like that should be shown to any schmuck that says it doesn't matter that Nintendo makes weak hardware.
It's a damn shame, I'd love Nintendo games at above 720p in 2017...
I really want a Gsync monitor and that's in the right price range. Screen tear is the worst and software-side syncing can only do so much.

I'm gonna see how it goes! I figure worst case Gsync gives it a either high resale or I can just return it on Amazon.

Nabs

I hate Microsoft for this UWP garbage. I hate jumping through hoops to get Steam to hook into it, and I hate the garbage sales throughout the year. Oh well.

With that said, Forza Apex + Steam Controller steering = dope. I wont be bothering with Horizon until it's dirt cheap, and I'm certain I have the setup to run it well.

Shoutouts to Valve for also helping me use my PS3 arcade stick with Killer Instinct. No thanks to Microsoft.

Axass

I wouldn't say I'm lacking definitive closure in the traditional sense. There's just this nagging feeling that I'm missing something. Because the
question posed at the end
makes me doubt my understanding of what happened.

There's like an entire strip of interview questions missing from my database. I feel like if I was at 95% I could quit happy knowing I've not missed something important.
0TSKPtG.png

You're not missing much, especially the test stuff: it's just a series of vids with yes or no answers (you can input "yes." and "no." if you want to unlock them). If you want to finish watching everything just use the "admin_unlock" and "admin_random" commands in the search field: that way you'll quickly find everything missing (15 minutes tops needed).

Speaking of Her Story, I just finished it after buying it during the sale, and I loved it:

header.jpg

A wonderfully recounted tale, presented in a pretty innovative format, not only for a game, but for any kind of medium. Having to slowly piece things together, with limited tools at your disposal besides intuition and cleverness, and constantly reworking and reorganising what you think to know about the story is a really one of a kind experience: you actually feel like some sort of detective. The acting is spot on, the search feature and the script work together seamlessly, it's clear the devs put a lot of thought in what and how they were writing: you never feel in a dead-end until you "finish" the main game, always having few new elements to search. The storyu itself has all the elements needed to keep you waiting for more: death, secrets, mystery, weirdness and love. I've been caught off-guard more than once, and I definitely had many "wow" moments while learning about the main characters, especially early on. The main theme is reflected in all parts of the game and the graphical presentation is aptly coherent with the situation we're put in. The ending leaves some stuff to the interpretation, and I really like that in all sorts of media.

I'm weak, I bought the monitor. Had rewards left over so that made it easy.

Joining the 1440p gsync family.

Oof. I'm in the boat of desperately needing a monitor upgrade. I'd like a solid IPS monitor but there isn't anything out there with GSYNC and probably won't be at a price point I want.

This is tempting as fuck.

Miletius

thanks and do you thinks its worth to do the first playthrough with? or do it from second one?

I think you should do the first play through vanilla, and then get the DLC. Shen adds another class, but it's hardly nessecary to beat and experience the game.

rtcn63

Hah, the first episode of Gamespot's Resident Evil 4 Resident Kinevil got taken down after an hour because it had no audio.

So how do you actually access the added controller remapping for non-Steam controllers?

I've opted into beta updates and yet can't find the option anywhere in Big Picture.

Sarcasm

So how do you actually access the added controller remapping for non-Steam controllers?

I've opted into beta updates and yet can't find the option anywhere in Big Picture.

How do you even start it? I am pressing the xbox button but nothing pops up/starts lol.

Kind of weird having to use ALT+ENTER on KB to enter it.

You need to enable your xbox configuration support in the settings > controller settings. Then unplug and replug.

gngf123

Restart steam when in the beta channel. Open big picture and click the settings icon. Go into controller settings and enable the option for your controller.

Once it is done, you should be able to change the controller configuration before opening up a game. Manage game -> Controller Configuration

Sarcasm

Restart steam when in the beta channel. Open big picture and click the settings icon. Go into controller settings and enable the option for your controller.

Once it is done, you should be able to change the controller configuration before opening up a game. Manage game -> Controller Configuration

Well crap...I enabled. Exited BPM and went into a game. Controller becomes unusable, how do I fix?

gngf123

do those assassin's creed games come with steam keys on humble bundle? i can't figure it out lol!

They are Uplay. Says so in the icons on the bottom left of each game.

Well crap...I enabled. Exited BPM and went into a game. Controller becomes unusable, how do I fix?

Odd. Try disabling -> enabling and then unplug and plug the controller.

I thought you had enabled it before?

If the game already has support you can try just disabling it. I noticed my configs were conflicting weirdly with Neon Chrome earlier.

Sarcasm

They are Uplay. Says so in the icons on the bottom left of each game.

Odd. Try disabling -> enabling and then unplug and plug the controller.

I thought you had enabled it before?

If the game already has support you can try just disabling it. I noticed my configs were conflicting weirdly with Neon Chrome earlier.

Nah..I was just testing. How do you tell it to ignore certain games? Disabling made it work.

Also BPM won't launch unless I do ALT & ENTER on my keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom