• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainXVIII

Who cares about Denuvo.
What in the flying fuck?

1SmlFch.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bundlestars has Beholder 60% off, lowst its been I think?

Good of them to at least tell us about Denuvo, that's more then most other developers do.

Still won't buy it at anything near full price now, but good on them for not making it a suprise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new Indiegala bundle, usual fodder with a couple of standouts maybe. Wanda looks neat, and Blackbay Asulum is terrible but I kinda liked it when I played a bit. Ax-el and Dark Years also look alright but have mixed reviews on steam.

Like I said, the usual Indiegala fare, at least most of it seems new to bundles.

Hektor

I like Steamworld Heist a lot more than Steamworld Dig. I don't know if that's controversial or anything.

I don't think it is. Dig was fun, but at the end of the day a very gimmicky platformer.

Steamworld Heist on the other hand got a very unique concept mash-up with well designed, fair but challenging encounters, as well as a better presentation.

Heist put the studio on my radar big time, if their next two games are on this level i'll put up'em up there to SuperGiant and Klei

Parsnip

Today I started using the 'hide forum threads' userscript. I should have done so a long time ago to preserve my sanity.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I enjoyed Bioshock 1 far more than I enjoyed Bioshock 2.

While I also belong to the Bio1 > Bio2 camp, the moment towards the end of 2 where (actual end-game spoiler)
you possess a Little Sister and discover that their minds have been perverted to perpetually view Rapture in its original state
is still my favourite of the series.

Uzzy

playing her felt like i was stuck with a lame edgelord asshole and not in the reaper funny way

in general i feel like the dishonored universe is a great universe to have some characters with depth and breadth and all that but all they do is create one note assholes i don't want to have anything to deal with

what i played of emily made me want to go back to silent protagonist

Huh, I never got that from my playthrough. Did you play in high chaos? I played a low chaos game and she seemed quite caring about people. Eventually at least.

scalebound dead

Finally Platinum can get to work on Korra 2, this time featuring Korrasami. Get on it Kamiya.

Grief.exe

I enjoyed Bioshock 1 far more than I enjoyed Bioshock 2.

The second game improves gameplay to such a degree that it elevated that aspect to the best in the series.
I also found the twist that Jase mentioned to be more compelling than the story in the first game. They also integrated that twist into actual gameplay, not many games pull this off with hamfisting.

At least we can agree that one and two are better than Infinite.

Anno

Huh, I never got that from my playthrough. Did you play in high chaos? I played a low chaos game and she seemed quite caring about people. Eventually at least.

High chaos Emily is dark as hell. I enjoyed it because of how crazy over the top she was sometimes but I could see why people wouldn't.

Hektor

I'm probably one of the few, but i was actually still excited for Scalebound, even despite the latest coop demo they showed not being very good.

I really hope it doesn't get cancelled, and P* isn't getting screwed over my MS like Obsidian and Remedy were.

Phawx

The second game improves gameplay to such a degree that it elevated that aspect to the best in the series.
I also found the twist that Jase mentioned to be more compelling than the story in the first game. They also integrated that twist into actual gameplay, not many games pull this off with hamfisting.

At least we can agree that one and two are better than Infinite.

The reason I liked 1 > 2 was the atmosphere was completely different. OG Bioshock felt like a super dark version of Studio Ghibli's Castle in the Sky. Part 2 felt way more populated and carnival-like.

Anno

Microsoft exclusives just can't seem to catch a break this gen. That said this game had looked pretty pedestrian every time it's been shown.

Grief.exe

The reason I liked 1 > 2 was the atmosphere was completely different. OG Bioshock felt like a super dark version of Studio Ghibli's Castle in the Sky. Part 2 felt way more populated and carnival-like.

I didn't even consider that aspect since it has been so long since I've played Bioshock 1 I had no atmospheric context when I replayed 2 recently.

Have you played the Stalker games?

When was Unreal and Unreal 2 the last time on sale and how expensive was it?

https://www.steamprices.com/us/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom