• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

SMT 1 and 2 give me old PC RPG vibes
C1yvmn-UAAA1tR4.png:orig

But Atlus are such asshats :/

ok i gamepumped and i humbly monthly'd this month

here's the result lol

3 hours feels like too long for a raffle, i'm too impatient damn it

stump where is that zkylon setting for a raffle that's like 1 hour

We've kinda asked him for that and a 12 hour raffle before, so it ain't exactly something zkylon specific :V

Lain

Speaking of that

Everyone upvote this pls. You cannot ever have enough Ebi-Hime in your life.

This one too:

Seeing as how both are from Sekai got me wondering how long will Sekai have to keep going through Greenlight.

From voting on those games I ended up looking at this collection of titles and saw some interesting ones. Mostly are already greenlit ones
Princess Blitz
8 DOORS
HIVESWAP: ACT 1
Save Our Souls: Episode I - The Absurd Hopes Of Blessed Children
The Falconers: Moonlight
Yuppie Psycho
Summer Nightmare
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles.

Oh, and The Witches Tea Party could use some votes.

I'm wondering if Microsoft is going to duck out of traditional gaming (single player experiences) at this rate. The various threads on gaming side have some scary implications for their future plans (hint, it's games as a service and lots of monetization).

I'm wondering if Microsoft is going to duck out of traditional gaming (single player experiences) at this rate. The various threads on gaming side have some scary implications for their future plans (hint, it's games as a service and lots of monetization).

But that, right now, also seems Valves approach. I mean why develop new games when you can still earn tons of money with skins, hats, glove-skins etc.

MUnited83

For you.
This one too:

Seeing as how both are from Sekai got me wondering how long will Sekai have to keep going through Greenlight.

From voting on those games I ended up looking at this collection of titles and saw some interesting ones. Mostly are already greenlit ones
Princess Blitz
8 DOORS
HIVESWAP: ACT 1
Save Our Souls: Episode I - The Absurd Hopes Of Blessed Children
The Falconers: Moonlight
Yuppie Psycho
Summer Nightmare
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles.

Oh, and The Witches Tea Party could use some votes.
It is weird that they keep on having Sekai Project games go through Greenlight. I sorta understand if it's a title from a new developer or something, but Ebi-hime already has several self-published games on Steam, all with positive reviews to boot.

Right, I guess it explains the discrepency.

I still remember when it was released and people were like: "Look. All 3 Vita titles are at 250k worldwide and here you are, with the PC port one month after relase and only at 30k. Pathetic!"

People were mad that it comes to PC instead of PS4 (at that time)...

Everything's good to downplay good steam sales. Remember Danganronpa at 20k at launch. Or Zestiria's damage control "but it had a free game".

But that, right now, also seems Valves approach. I mean why develop new games when you can still earn tons of money with skins, hats, glove-skins etc.
That's fair to say, yeah. Just a shame to prop up a console as Sony's rival, and try to usurp PC gaming in an effort to monetize more folks using uwp apps. That way they can be charged anywhere!

I also wish Valve made games, but Microsoft sure has upset me more than valve ever did.

MUnited83

For you.

Well, difference being that you don't need to rely on Valve for the production of exclusive games, they just naturally happen.

Monooboe

First time I play the DLC for The Divsion and I'm really liking it, only tried Underground thus far and while it's quite samey and just a way to loot more gear but I really like the mood and setting, also the music is great.
Loved first time going into the underground rave club.

It's my birthday

Happy birthday!:D

Ascheroth

That's fair to say, yeah. Just a shame to prop up a console as Sony's rival, and try to usurp PC gaming in an effort to monetize more folks using uwp apps. That way they can be charged anywhere!

I also wish Valve made games, but Microsoft sure has upset me more than valve ever did.

I feel like Microsoft might be going for that whole ecosystem angle again, seems in line with their UWP efforts.
Like, you have a Win10 System for everything and everything works on all of them (XBox, PC, Surface,..)
I only have trouble imagining what the selling point of that ecosystem would be, because right now I'm drawing blanks.

Always remember, PC has no exclusive games.

And when it does they don't count.

After Far Cry Primal, i finally understands what makes some recent games looks amazing and "next-gen" - highly improved lightning and god rays. Primal uses same engine as FC4, and they mostly looked the same, but add fancy god rays and holy shit:
Gameplay is mostly identical to previous Ubisoft's Far Cry games, but environments and world in Primal is friggin amazing. It's impressive how visuals can be improved only because of better lighting. There is a lot examples in other games, Fallout 4 mostly looked like shit, animations are horrible, but add god rays, and bam:
Rise of the Tomb Raider is opposite story, characters and face animations are very impressive, but locations were mostly forgettable and tiny. But here goes lighting on ultra:
So, my point is that more devs needs to add god rays to their games.

dex3108

After Far Cry Primal, i finally understands what makes some recent games looks amazing and "next-gen" - highly improved lightning and god rays. Primal uses same engine as FC4, and they mostly looked the same, but add fancy god rays and holy shit:

Gameplay is mostly identical to previous Ubisoft's Far Cry games, but environments and world in Primal is friggin amazing. It's impressive how visuals can be improved only because of better lighting. There is a lot examples in other games, Fallout 4 mostly looked like shit, animations are horrible, but add god rays, and bam:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is opposite story, characters and face animations are very impressive, but locations were mostly forgettable and tiny. But here goes lighting on ultra:

I still cry every time I see RotTR because they really dropped the ball with AA.

Far Cry Primals was my first FC game, I played it last month. While I agree that it looks gorgeous, I couldn't stand the gameplay loop at all. It made DAI 10x more compelling.

Not necessarily god rays maybe but lighting is what needs to improve now we have reached the level where texture quality is pretty photorealistic in games like SWBF but lighting is still mostly identifiably fake. Prevaked lighting and shadows need to go in favor of true realtime volumetric lighting and truly high quality shadows.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man fuck that adaptive difficulty in Epistory, I do NOT type fast enough for some of the words they ramp up to, especially when you need to switch between powers. Also doesnt help that some of my keys are fucked and dont always register presses.

happy bday ningu!

you rock!

Happy birthday Ningen!

Happy birthday to NingenJanai~!

Happy bday ningen

Happy Birthday <3

Happy birthday NingenJanai!

Happy Birthday! :)

Happy birthday Ningen!

Happy birthday!:D

Thanks guys! hope I didn't skip anybody, sorry if so.

man fuck that adaptive difficulty in Epistory, I do NOT type fast enough for some of the words they ramp up to, especially when you need to switch between powers. Also doesnt help that some of my keys are fucked and dont always register presses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZRh6sZZyz0

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ax:El -- MB-6CB7BD005B31E629 - Taken by Wok
Blackbay Asylum -- MB-ABABDC81D10BEB39 - Taken by voodooray
Crab Cakes Rescue -- MB-B4676824E73EAA84 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Dark Years -- MB-B76FAC30B8A59DB6 - Taken by NingenJanai
Gunspell: Steam Edition -- MB-D1139C3AA336A131 - Taken by Loptous
True Bliss -- MB-989E07CE715AEB28 - Taken by Vuze

madjoki

Yeah, he just misspoke and is referring to SteamSpy being unable to scrape data, not the pre-existing data going the way of the dodo.

Yeah, that makes more sense.

Although it can still mean there's less profiles, assuming old data was still being removed, since it was not replaced with new data at all. (So in a way, data was lost)

rahji

damn my DS3 tool for using a dualshock 3 controller is no more working. just gives an error and I can't bring it back to life. what to do? any alternatives?

I always tried to keep it on fire as when upgraded it would burn through additional words. Obviously that doesn't work when the game forces you to use one of the other elements.

Volimar

Happy birthday Ningen!

Okay so I don't know much about what happened in the other games but so far, in Witcher 3, Triss>>>>>>Yennefer

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, that makes more sense.

Although it can still mean there's less profiles, assuming old data was still being removed, since it was not replaced with new data at all. (So in a way, data was lost)

Possibly, though I'd imagine data is replaced rather than pre-emptively removed (assuming it's replaced at all).

Deques

I bought Humble GameDev bundle and got a spare key for SpriteIlluminator

Does anyone want it? I already registered it to my email before I realized this tool is not for me. So you get an activation key for the software.

PM me if you really want it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I always tried to keep it on fire as when upgraded it would burn through additional words. Obviously that doesn't work when the game forces you to use one of the other elements.

yeah thats what I do but im just not a very good typer :p

typist? whatever.. Also, happy birthday ningen

edit: what RE game is this lady from again, with her ridiculous cleavage and hair? I remember people psoting pics sometime ago, was it Revelation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom