• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
questions:
- is this legal?
- is it easy to setup/easily accessible?
- do you need like god tier pc?

-It is legal
-It is relatively easy to setup although ripping the game from your Wii U is a bit of bore, can take more than 2 hours for game
-No need for a god tier PC. That video is made on a i5-750+GTX 970 combo, which is mid-tier these days.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's very cool

if it's not that hard to do i'll ask my friend with a wii u to rip it for me, i hope bayo 1 works also, would love to replay that in higher than 18 fps

zkylon

zkylewd
oh they canceled scalebound

honestly despite its premise that game looked super lame last time they showed it

it's a bummer cos it looked like a less formulaic game out of platinum which is something i think they really need to do

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
oh they canceled scalebound

honestly despite its premise that game looked super lame last time they showed it

it's a bummer cos it looked like a less formulaic game out of platinum which is something i think they really need to do

The description of the last behind-closed-doors demo they did actually sounds pretty neat. You'd apparently do combos between your dude character in third person and your dragon character in first person. Hopefully a video of that makes its way out. Or maybe not, since it could just make it all the more painful.

Grief.exe

I just realized the only Platinum game I've played is actually Metal Gear Rising.

Looking forward to Nier and hoping for a Bayonetta and Vanquish port.

For only one game, Metal Gear Rising made quite the impression, it's very memorable.

MUnited83

For you.
It's crazy that we will probably get Bayonetta 2 almost perfectly emulated before SEGA gets off their asses and ports the first one.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok i gamepumped and i humbly monthly'd this month

here's the result lol

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zkylon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
xcom2 -- MB-F7909138E5EA3CCE - Taken by BernardoOne. 31 entrants total.

t1484038729z1.png

3 hours feels like too long for a raffle, i'm too impatient damn it

stump where is that zkylon setting for a raffle that's like 1 hour

It's my birthday
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Door kickers -- MB-74EB86B947F80C50 - Taken by GAMEPROFF. 2 entrants total.
Hexcells complete -- MB-37E9CD65E724FE75 - Taken by Danielsan. 2 entrants total.
Nom nom galaxy -- MB-D81E2A9A3AF59BFF - Taken by data. 2 entrants total.
The incredible adventures of Van Helsing -- MB-009F3D6E614EAFF2 - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.
The incredible adventures of Van Helsing 2 -- MB-F7BFCC708E7A5200 - Taken by laserlaser. 1 entrants total.
Towerfall ascension -- MB-F20B1C399C39689C - Taken by Card Boy. 3 entrants total.

t1484039595z1.png

Lol, Bamco are some big jokes.
Zestiria ? "Dont worry guys, we made it run up to 4k and beyond... but we'll be honest, it's locked at 30fps".
Berseria ? "Guys !! We made it ! It's running at 60fps... although... it's locked to 1080p."
It's like some publishers dont know how to build consumer trust over upcoming products.
Seems like QLOC isn't involved... which might scare me.

Jameson

Zestiria ? "Dont worry guys, we made it run up to 4k and beyond... but we'll be honest, it's locked at 30fps".
Berseria ? "Guys !! We made it ! It's running at 60fps... although... it's locked to 1080p."
It's like some publishers dont know how to build consumer trust over upcoming products.

I have a hard time giving them any crap with this game. They're treating us a lot better than a lot of the other Japanese companies by releasing the game day and date with the console version.

Knurek

Yeah, for now the audio on Bayonetta 2 is extremely glitched so it's for the best to have it muted. I trust that will be fixed soon enough.

We have working music rips from Wii U (including Bayo2), so they can always fallback to HLE sound (like PSP emulators did at first).

I still think this is some mistranslation issue, and they meant to say the 2D assets are made with 1080p in mind.
Makes no sense otherwise.

I have a hard time giving them any slack with this game. They're treating us a lot better than a lot of the other Japanese companies by releasing the game day and date with the console version.

Thing is, day and date is a service they're giving to themselves if they hope to sell it.

We have working music rips from Wii U (including Bayo2), so they can always fallback to HLE sound (like PSP emulators did at first).

I still think this is some mistranslation issue, and they meant to say the 2D assets are made with 1080p in mind.
Makes no sense otherwise.

It makes sense if they gave the release to the cheapest studio around and basically made a straigth conversion of the PS4 game. I guess we'll know in a few hours when the demo is up.

so i beat DOOM, don't like it as much as everyone else I can tell you that much, hated every single boss fight with a boiling passion. In fact maybe i would have liked the game just as much as everyone else if those were cut.

zkylon

zkylewd
so i beat DOOM, don't like it as much as everyone else I can tell you that much, hated every single boss fight with a boiling passion. In fact maybe i would have liked the game just as much as everyone else if those were cut.
really?

i liked the boss fights a lot, they were all really easy but in like a good way

I just realized the only Platinum game I've played is actually Metal Gear Rising.

Looking forward to Nier and hoping for a Bayonetta and Vanquish port.

For only one game, Metal Gear Rising made quite the impression, it's very memorable.
Would be a shame for those to be ported now, as you've already played the best one of the trio.

Happy birthday to NingenJanai~!

Yeah, they made two steps forward while making one step backward at the same time.

Guessing what's inside these Japanese devs' heads is like the hardest thing to do in the gaming industry.

zkylon

zkylewd
i just realized overwatch wasn't even mentioned in my goty list

overwatch was such a weird game for me, i liked it so much in the beta and i find its characters and its universe so fucking appealing but it feels like the second it released, and specially when ranked mode launched, the enjoyment i got out from it kept shrinking and shrinking to the point where i can't even enjoy more than one or two games at a time

i really feel like overwatch marks the last chance of a multiplayer fps ever getting its hooks on me and like all the games before it, it just hooked the fuck out of me during beta and then nothing. i clearly can't stand those games for more than a few weeks and sadly not even overwatch for all of its wonderful cast, colorful art style, moba trappings and friendly and positive nature could be the exception

for a second i thought about buying titanfall 2 since i liked titanfall 1 so much during beta, but then i reminded myself of overwatch and decided not to

it's kind of a bummer, i really wish overwatch could've been my "other league" but in the end it was just another titanfall 1

Feel that way about every boss fight in every game. Except maybe The Witcher III's witcher contracts, where you get to know what you're up against, get a proper chance to prepare, instead of just getting a big MF, that cheats in the game, dropped on your head suddenly.

really?

i liked the boss fights a lot, they were all really easy but in like a good way
I found them extremely difficult and then 2 out of the 3 bosses you'd have to fight it again as soon as youbeat it the first time, like why did they do that? Its unnecessary. But besides that its pretty good, minus the cliffhanger ending 😒

I found them extremely difficult and then 2 out of the 3 bosses you'd have to fight it again as soon as youbeat it the first time, like why did they do that? Its unnecessary. But besides that its pretty good, minus the cliffhanger ending 😒
Have you tried using the In-Flight Mobility rune? It really ramps the combat up to a whole 'nother level and I think it's to the game's detriment that it holds out on it until half-way through. The default air maneuverability is non-existent and damn is it just so much more fun to be able to weave mid-jump out of the way of projectiles.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

t1cxE6r.gif
Heavy Gear Assault -- MB-B2B7A9900C0163D0 - Taken by Ludens

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Why so Evil 2 -- MB-F570976F987B7457 - Taken by KainXVIII. 5 entrants total.

zkylon

zkylewd
extremely difficult? weird

did u play the game on normal? i found them to be pretty easy on normal and i say this as someone that sucks at videogames

Have you tried using the In-Flight Mobility rune? It really ramps the combat up to a whole 'nother level and I think it's to the game's detriment that it holds out on it until half-way through. The default air maneuverability is non-existent and damn is it just so much more fun to be able to weave mid-jump out of the way of projectiles.
oh really?

i never even tried that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom