• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my belief as well, just strange how nothing is listed on the Steam page.

IIRC South Park: The Stick Of Truth page didn't add that the game had achievements until very late because people were querying whether it would have them and cards. I think it's just a case of "we'll update when we sort it out".

Played Civ 5 for the first time. It's probably the ultimate no sleep game.
awesome game. Not so awesome lack-of-sleep-headache the following day.

Why would you be ashamed of Saints Row The Third? D:
Allow me to introduce you to Brian Crecente and Kotaku 2.0...

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/6/8/3071167/thq-e3-2012-jason-rubin

It's about half way through our interview, one in which Rubin talks bluntly about past mistakes of THQ, of the problems he foresees for the company, of the challenges he and THQ face, that I broach the subject of Saints Row the Third.

I haven't played the game, I confess to Rubin, because I wouldn't want to be caught playing it by my wife or my son. It would be embarrassing.

Risk of Rain -- MB-693AF3CC13826EC1 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 27 entrants total.

xHrJNRz.gif

Thank you and happy birthday!

Li Kao

Woah, not many replies but huge replies, thanks for your input guys.
So...

I'm kind of confused by some of your descriptions so I'm just going to spoiler tag everything:

Ok, so, my understanding is that you're fighting Manus, Father of the Abyss, and you are presently stuck. I, personally, cannot really share you're frustration with this boss or agree with feeling it's 'an excercise in pure frustration' as he's quite slow, most of his attacks are heavily telegraphed to the player, and he recovers very slowly.

See that's why I insisted on the 'for me' part of the post. The series is quite funnily really diverse in what is or isn't hard to people. Everyone will have his arch-nemesis but it will vary from player to player. So for me, on a normal new game (important detail I assume), Ornstein and Smough were jokes. Plain and simple. I was aware of the threat but they didn't live a second up to their terrifying reputation. Manus on the other hand, is wiping my ass real hard. Different players, skill sets, that's one of the great aspects of the series if you ask me. Hell, I think the biggest rage I felt for a "nobody" boss was for the knight in Sen Fortress. God, I could cartography the castle's moat, falling off the arena was my specialty.

A bunch of useful tips.
Thank you for the advices. The equipment one in particular could be useful.

I hope some of this may assist you, even though I would not particularly agree with the assessment (despite concurring that they're challenging).

I will give you that I was more venting than saying the game is unfair. Why, it must be the fairest series of game there is difficulty-wise. I just won't give you Old King Allant. As much as I totally understand why one could say he is no big deal, I draw a line in the sand at leeching multiple times my hard earned levels in the same combat. Yeah, I could play better, but still, line in the sand ;-)

So the series is bullshit because you can't adapt?

Pretty sure I said that 1% of the series is bullshit FOR me, total subjectivity was not named but implied, and I explained why it's bullshit FOR me. Hope you can cope.

Just keep at it man, that boss is meant to be hard. I know I had trouble with him to begin with. All I can say is try Co-op and also try summoning
Sif, as he helps take the heat off you for a while.

When you beat him it will feel glorious :)

Thanks man, I will totally have a thought for your good wish when I will retry the boss later today. I suspect that he will be trouble as long as I haven't learned exactly to evade the 6-hit combo and the frontal darkness attack (rain and lateral are good but he as that habit of finishing my attempts with the frontal one.

Pachimari

I wonder if the reason for my Surround gaming not working could be because I'm using a converter for one of the cables. I'm gonna look into buying some cables.

I'm looking at a PS4 probably near the end of 2015, need some compelling titles to justify a purchase.

I'm sort of in the same boat, except it may be sooner, depending on something like a bonus or an unexpected small windfall.

But seeing how 2014 has been greeting me... the only falls I'm getting are pitfalls.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does modbot work with things like Xbox codes? Got a Borderlands 2 code I want to get rid of in some other thread place.

Yeah, it should work just make sure to follow the directions and set the THREADURL.

Trejik

Is Baldurs Gate II supposed to be impossibly hard? It seems impossibly hard. But it is also very fun. This classic gaming stuff is sweet. Might actually have to play System Shock 2 after this.

abracadaver

good luck. only enter if you are in the US

ModBot said:
Code will only work in the US !!!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Red Faction Collection -- MB-EE204052C960A72A

Code will only work in the US !!!

t1404328542z1.png

Is Baldurs Gate II supposed to be impossibly hard? It seems impossibly hard. But it is also very fun. This classic gaming stuff is sweet. Might actually have to play System Shock 2 after this.

you're supposed to be pausing/micromanaging every character

that is unless you made something ridiculous like a kensai which just kills everything

Jawmuncher

Red Faction 1 and 2 are still the superior RF games. Funny how the series had a different identity every sequel

1-Half-Lifeesque FPS
2-Quakeesque FPS
3-Sandbox
4-Linear TPS

Turfster

please please please...Guerilla is the top of my steam wishlist

Note that if you're unlucky with the GFWL lottery, it will fuck up Guerilla until it's unplayable, either by getting stuck in an endless update loop or downloading a broken version that crashes after some time.

(Or at least that's what it did back when I tried to play it couple of years ago)

iosefe

Note that if you're unlucky with the GFWL lottery, it will fuck up Guerilla until it's unplayable, either by getting stuck in an endless update loop or downloading a broken version that crashes after some time.

(Or at least that's what it did back when I tried to play it couple of years ago)

my GFWL should be all up to date thanks to all the stuff i did for Dark Souls 1
Someone was just asking for a giveaway for this last night.

guilty as charged. ;)

Yakkue

Did anybody here already finish Shovel Knight?
I'm really terrible at the last stage, I think I'm taking a break from this game for a while.

mkenyon

Banned
No. It does require a bit of knowledge about how D&D works though. Since it drops you in at a high level, there's a lot going on right away. Once you understand the systems it's not hard.

Trejik

Oo

It feels easier in the enhanced edition

Am playing enhanced.

you're supposed to be pausing/micromanaging every character

that is unless you made something ridiculous like a kensai which just kills everything

Using an Archer and micromanaging every character, but every now and again there's some huge beast that for the dear life of me I can't hit. I don't know if it's horrible luck with dice rolls, or that I'm missing really big items or something.

Benedict

Bought Abyss Odyssee today, looking forward to play it.

Also, I just realised that on July 30th I will have been a member on NeoGaf for 10 years! But I'm pretty sure I've been here earlier than that with Gaming Age.
Close to 3000 posts as well.

Depends. There are a lot of overpowered enemies that can annihilate your party, but there are also a ton of overpowered spells (and characters) that can make even the highest difficulty setting a breeze.

I haven't played the Enhanced Edition yet (heard a lot of conflicting reviews - makes me thing it's still buggy), but the original is amazing and even better with mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom