• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't see why the Witcher 3 wouldn't have Steam achievements when Witcher 2 did?

CDProjectRed isn't in the business of going "fuck you guys, use our client" to Steam people.

Caerith

you know what's funny, I don't consider Disgaea combat good either, it's not bad, no, but also Disgaea is the most grindy of them all, TRPGs.
Talking about really good TRPG combat, besides regular suspects as FE or FFT, I liked Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume combat a lot. It took time for it to grow on me and it's good mostly because of certain plot-story induced mechanics, which blew my mind. Also there is a real branching story in that one and it's not grindy at all, that helped, I think.
There is still hope that one day we might get FFT on steam, I would replay that one, gladly.

edited: Rhaknar will hate me now even more, what's hardly possible already, me having different names on steam and gaf and all that. (><)
A few hours late on this reply since I had to sleep, but I really enjoyed Disgaea. Sure, it's grindy, but it also makes grinding easy, and all the trappings (characters, story, sound and visuals) are enjoyable.

fuck both of you

whats wrong with Disgaea's combat? :(

Nothing, I thoroughly enjoy it.

Weird that NIS doesn't release more stuff outside of Sony platforms. I mean, Sony doesn't own them.

Why would you be ashamed of Saints Row The Third? D:
Ashamed of Saints Row the Third, shameless enough to tantrum about it.

fantomena

Makes perfect sense, what happens if they are running out of time and they have to cut something like trading cards or Steam cloud? Don't want to anger customers for false advertising even if these are just small features.

I almost read your posts like you are scared wherever the games will have cards and achievements or not. :p

Ain't it all about games anyway though? Imo, cards and achivements are a bonus, not an obligation.

Jawmuncher

I don't see why the Witcher 3 wouldn't have Steam achievements when Witcher 2 did?

CDProjectRed isn't in the business of going "fuck you guys, use our client" to Steam people.

Well to be fair considering they have went back on their regional pricing word. They could possibly do something like that to the steam version.

yGray

Banned
I'm saving all my cards for badges since the Winter sale event is practically guaranteed to make use of them again.

j dont really get them to be honest. i was just going to craft the shovel knight badge to to display on my profile. are there other uses for it that only work during winter/summer sales?

Toki767

j dont really get them to be honest. i was just going to craft the shovel knight badge to to display on my profile. are there other uses for it that only work during winter/summer sales?

During the Summer sale, every badge you crafted earned you a Summer card and a point for your team.

Kyougar

Am playing enhanced.

Using an Archer and micromanaging every character, but every now and again there's some huge beast that for the dear life of me I can't hit. I don't know if it's horrible luck with dice rolls, or that I'm missing really big items or something.

that was a little jab at the percieved difficultiness of oldschool games ;)
But really, enhanced is easier

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe that will be the break even for me, MGSV: PP is also out by then as well so I may want to jump on that release.

Though I would be astounded if we never see MGSV on PC at one point.
Too late, I already bought the Legacy Collection and Ground Zeroes on PS3 :(

Though that wouldn't prevent me from double dipping, of course.

Grief.exe

Well to be fair considering they have went back on their regional pricing word. They could possibly do something like that to the steam version.

I wouldn't look too much into that, the regional pricing initiative seemed to be an industry-wide push by the major publishers. It seemed to happen to many stores all at the same time.

Too late, I already bought the Legacy Collection and Ground Zeroes on PS3 :(

Though that wouldn't prevent me from double dipping, of course.

I got the Legacy Collection on PS3 as well, picked it up from Walmart for $20 due to a price error. I'm glad I grabbed it too, apparently they are becoming hard to find.

Shadownet

Banned
yoyo. congrats on your gifts last night buddy. you deserve it

Thank you :) I also gave out some as well.

But hey :D I got a couple hours before work so I'm going to find people to play things with.

Hopefully July 4th will have some good sale so I can give more stuff away :)

Jawmuncher

All badges do are give you items and a coupon. After that the only thing you can do is show it off on your page and get XP from each one you craft.

Holding off until a sale to craft badges adds a bit more. Since usually during a sale thus far you get the holiday card as well as the other stuff.

Then you can use the holiday card to recoup loss of buying cards to make badges or to make that holiday badges easier.

Did anybody here already finish Shovel Knight?
I'm really terrible at the last stage, I think I'm taking a break from this game for a while.
I finished it on my wiiu a few days ago. The last stage is tricky at parts. But with some practice you can overcome the stage. Oh, and NG+ is no joke in Shovel Knight.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Something wrong with Modbot? I submitted a giveaway 15 minutes ago and still haven't received a PM

Jawmuncher

I wouldn't look too much into that, the regional pricing initiative seemed to be an industry-wide push by the major publishers. It seemed to happen to many stores all at the same time.

That's a good point and one I forgot.
Still as you said odd that they can't tell us ahead of time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Now I'm curios.
This was the incident that prompted Morningbus to ask for the Steam thread to be gone, not even moved to Community. You can picture how bad it was.

I got the Legacy Collection on PS3 as well, picked it up from Walmart for $20 due to a price error. I'm glad I grabbed it too, apparently they are becoming hard to find.
That's a hell of a deal, man! They are really hard to find here too, I got mine on an electronics store that had two copies left in a warehouse, since who knows when.

Now I'm looking for a copy of The Darkness (a friend has it but I refuse to borrow, because I want to have all these games in my collection; I'm crazy, I know), and it looks like the only way would be importing it from Amazon, if I can find someone to bring it to me from the US.

Hugstable

Banned
Thank you :) I also gave out some as well.

But hey :D I got a couple hours before work so I'm going to find people to play things with.

Hopefully July 4th will have some good sale so I can give more stuff away :)

Good morning and thanks to you as well! I'm down to play Payday 2 today, did my first Heist today with Chariot this morning, so I'm prepped and understand how to play the game now atleast. I set off a guard so fast in my first prepping stage.

yGray

Banned
I wish Steam would implement a spectator mode that lets you stream directly to people on your friends list. would be kind of pointless though.

ArynCrinn

Banned
All One Finger Death Punch Grandmaster levels complete, almost all Gold/Platinum medals too! Took forever perfecting these levels.

6DCTld4.jpg

- Last Light Sword Round
wy4V2cr.jpg

- Last Speed Round
t1UdJHt.jpg

- Last Boss Round
ug7fWH5.jpg

- Last Bomb Round (pain in the fucking ass!)
zPiKV78.jpg

- Last Nunchaku Round
FSLYZMx.jpg

- Total Mastery
Geo5ZpU.png

- Achievement Get!

Only thing left is those damn No Luca No achievements...

Jawmuncher

Good morning and thanks to you as well! I'm down to play Payday 2 today, did my first Heist today with Chariot this morning, so I'm prepped and understand how to play the game now atleast. I set off a guard so fast in my first prepping stage.

I'm down to play with you guys as well if you need another player. Have been playing some recently as well.

natertots

Feel free to add me for some Payday 2 if you want. I'm fairly new and I'd enjoy playing with some "newer" players as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/natertots83

Anyone else who wants to add can go ahead I'm always looking for some new friends.

I beat Dark Souls 2 last night, I enjoyed that game a lot. Not going to go to NG+ yet because of the DLC coming soon. Not sure what to play next.. Witcher 2, Banner Saga or Fallout NV

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
image.php

its godlike, he is furious for being trapped in yakkueland, just like I would be

oh, that wasnt the point?

image.php
>>>>>
image.php

Was this already posted?

For at least 2$:
Grimind (Steam)
Sweet Lily Dreams (Steam)
Aztaka (Steam)
Naval Warfare (Steam)
Legionwood 2 (Platform: Developer's website)
The Lost Island (Desura)
Nexus Sea (Desura)
Onager (Desura)

Damn my lust for RPG Maker games. Should have realized that Platform: Developer's website meant no Steam keys since it's sort of obvious, but oh well. At least someone will get the other games I raffle off.

Next Steam sale is "From Paris with Games" for the French national holiday (the 14th to the 16th). Are these becoming a thing now?
Anyway, below is a list of games and discounts that will be offered.

• -50% - How to Survive + DLC
  • -75% - Blood Bowl Chaos Edition
  • -30% - Wargame Franchise
  • -40% - Wargame Red Dragon
  • -40% - Bound By Flame
  • -33% - Space Run
  • -66% - Remember Me
  • -33% - Faery: Legend of Avalon
  • -75% - Shootmania Storm
  • -75% - Mars War Logs
  • -75% - The Last Express
  • -25% - Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon
  • -50% - Gauge
  • -75% - Storm
  • -70% - Puddle
  • -50% - Let&#8217;s Sing
  • -75% - Aarklash Legacy
  • -80% - Cities XL Platinum
  • -75% - Stellar Impact
  • -50% - Trackmania² Valley
  • -50% - Trackmania² Canyon
  • -75% - Trackmania² Stadium
  • -90% - EYE Cybermancy

Everyone should buy The Last Express when it goes on sale. Reminds me that I need to go back to playing that at some point, great game so far.

Poetic

I beat Dark Souls 2 last night, I enjoyed that game a lot. Not going to go to NG+ yet because of the DLC coming soon. Not sure what to play next.. Witcher 2, Banner Saga or Fallout NV

I should beat it tonight myself. Going to get my character prepared for NG+ and then Divinity time.

bacon-bits

Neo Member
Do Dota 2 common gifts normally sell for over $2.00? I saw they were selling for that much before the sale. They are around $0.80 now but have been rising since the end of the summer sales.

L.O.R.D

less then 40 minutes

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119232410&postcount=4899

ModBot said:
Instructions for L.O.R.D:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-B5595174155EFF07 - Taken by Hugstable. 9 entrants total.
Alan wake collector's edition -- MB-78BC8F8607F9511B - Taken by zeroOman. 12 entrants total.

t1404322449z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
I'm down to play with you guys as well if you need another player. Have been playing some recently as well.

Feel free to add me for some Payday 2 if you want. I'm fairly new and I'd enjoy playing with some "newer" players as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/natertots83

Anyone else who wants to add can go ahead I'm always looking for some new friends.

Sweet, I'm pretty new myself, I think we completed 3 heists this morning though so I hit level 5 already :D. And Natertots we were already friends!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Surprisingly I'm almost done doing the OT for Abyss Odyssey. Only missing some screenshots for the Media area and link the trailers of the game. Yays OT goes up on the July 8th.

Also I found a informative preview.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There's some Desura keys in here too, please take them. No one else wants them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-888EA96F65BF3C8A - Taken by -MD-. 5 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Nexus Sea (Desura) -- MB-5FB924822D8E25DC - Taken by Darth Kupi
Naval Warfare -- MB-12F915A3890C48CC
ulgzbKC.png
Onager (Desura) -- MB-3B73AD6F53E8426F - Taken by Darth Kupi
Aztaka -- MB-5AACF774E3D1CE12 - Taken by Mono. 4 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-9AFE48295BF4A564 - Taken by Speevy. 2 entrants total.
Samphi (Desura) -- MB-F3D675F2E5819877
ulgzbKC.png
The Lost Island (Desura) -- MB-B1DDE877C0BEBCC4

t1404331230z1.png

Grief.exe

That's a hell of a deal, man! They are really hard to find here too, I got mine on an electronics store that had two copies left in a warehouse, since who knows when.

Now I'm looking for a copy of The Darkness (a friend has it but I refuse to borrow, because I want to have all these games in my collection; I'm crazy, I know), and it looks like the only way would be importing it from Amazon, if I can find someone to bring it to me from the US.

I hate when cool games are essentially trapped on dead platforms. The Darkness is the only Starbreeze game not on PC, and that is a real shame.

Love the studio and it is one of their better games as well.

just wanted to say f u to valve. Now, instead of selling card for a nice little discount on my purchases i find myself hoarding cards in case badge making becomes a thing again in the next major sale. sigh.

Shadownet

Banned

I'll be on in 10 mins :D let's rob some poor MF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom