• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Cliffhangers need to be banned from all of gaming. They never work out it seems.

To this day I'm still annoyed by Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver. Only game where I felt an ending just killed the enjoyment I had from playing it prior to that. "To Be Continued", oh how I hated those words for a few days after that.

My anger subsided and while I can enjoy a great article about it such as this one, but I never immersed myself into that franchise again despite all the titles that came out afterwards.

Beelzebubs

To this day I'm still annoyed by Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver. Only game where I felt an ending just killed the enjoyment I had from playing it prior to that. "To Be Continued", oh how I hated those words for a few days after that.

My anger subsided and while I can enjoy a great article about it such as this one, but I never immersed myself into that franchise again despite all the titles that came out afterwards.

Mass Effect 3 did that for me but Shenmue left me hanging :(

Knurek

Why the hell is the Daily not available in EU?
Got it already from Humble I guess, doesn't change the fact that it's still baffling.

Also, this article is all sorts of hilarious, noobs with ~250 Steam score talking about hitting peak Steam...
Jeremy Parish's comment is sort of sad, the guy can write some fun articles and is a good person(TM), nevertheless, for someone who loves 2D games, he should be spending most of his time on PC. Especially nowadays. :\

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
evening

shitty day is shitty. hopefully pizza will help

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
oops!

kqe6pdf.png

i still remeber the GameInformer ad. i was much to young to understand. Never got to play it, but it seemed cool. how is it?

Been damned near a decade since I played Advent Rising. Honestly don't recall much about it beyond it (and Psyhconauts) being part of Majesco's failed bid at becoming a "proper" big budget vidya gamez publisher, that it was part of a planned trilogy and ended on a cliff hangar. Advent Rising was an okay-ish game but I vaguely recall their being a lot of issues with the game on the original Xbox, it was very buggy and unstable. I can't remember if Advent Rising was in the late stages of development when Majesco started running into financial issues and was rushed to market or not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that super time force link triggered a warning on avast, weird

zkylon

zkylewd
Well it's about as long as a Mega Man game is. With the added bonus of a New Game+.

Also there are going to be free updates in the future with more features.
I don't know of a single Wayforward (or ex-Wayforward in this case?) game that isn't short.
Yeah it is short, but clearing all the achievements can be quite a challenge. New game+ is a bit harder as well, so perfecting runs and collecting everything gives the game a decent replayability. And it was only 15$, so all in all good value.

yea it's less of a complaint and more of me just not wanting it to be over

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm happy to say that my time with Borderlands 2 has come to an end. I don't think I'll ever touch the DLC campaigns.

Damn. I'm glad that Steam users are getting Super Time Force, as it's great, and I didn't really regret paying full price in order to get it now, but I DO kind of regret that paying full price to get it now means I won't get the "ultra" improvements, presumably.

I'm happy to say that my time with Borderlands 2 has come to an end. I don't think I'll ever touch the DLC campaigns.

I enjoyed Bunkers & Badasses more than the main campaign, personally. By far.

Caerith

I just finished Gone Home and I loved it. Those feels. I had the sneaking suspicion that
Sam had killed herself in the attic. So glad that I was wrong.
After playing Serena, I was quite happy with how things turned out. So weird that it has cards, lol.
Did you (easter egg spoiler)
make a slam dunk?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
what is this?

On the Steam home page. The "news" says "Operation Phoenix Now Available" but the picture is for Operation Breakout.

Seems like Valve fixed it already. :)
Maybe they're lurking on this thread.

JaseC

I enjoyed Bunkers & Badasses more than the main campaign, personally. By far.

My mate and I played through the two DLC arenas as they just popped up on the mission list by their own volition, but, yeah, I've had my fill for the foreseeable future.

evening

shitty day is shitty. hopefully pizza will help

STFU will help...

that super time force link triggered a warning on avast, weird

If it doesn't give your computer herpes...

My mate and I played through the two DLC arenas as they just popped up on the mission list by their own volition, but, yeah, I've had my fill for the foreseeable future.

Borderlands is the new Assassin's Creed?

JaseC

Yeah, I said that to myself about three hours after I bought the game on launch...

It is cool to boot up to test how good your system can deal with PhysX!

I think I played around 20 hours of the game at launch before moving on to something else. I didn't particularly want to play through it again, but my mate did and outside of "I don't feel like it" I didn't have a reason not to join in.

derExperte

The Mixer 6 Bundle

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Lantern Forge for: Win- Desura, DRM free. Link to Greenlight page
Volt for: Win, Mac, Linux - Steam, Desura, DRM free
Bionic Dues for: Win, Mac, Linux - Steam only
SOL: Exodus for: Win - Steam, Desura, DRM free. Includes bonus material.
Jazz, Trump's Journey for: Win - Desura, DRM free - This game has been Greenlit.
Pineapple Smash Crew for: Win - Steam, Desura, DRM free . MP3
Chime for: Win - Steam only
Knightshift for: Win - Steam, Desura, DRM free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom