• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

Last chance:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Red Faction Collection -- MB-EE204052C960A72A - Taken by Sub Zero. 22 entrants total.

t1404328542z1.png

It seems like the code will only work outside of germany

Yay! <3 Everybody knew this was coming but it's always good to have a confirmation!

I can't remember the last game I was willing to double-dip on across platforms, but STF is so much fun, that I'll have to get the steam version...at least when it drops to $5 or so.

What is Super Time Force and why should I get it? :p

It plays like a Contra game, but you can go back in time. It's not like a usual game time-rewind, in that it doesn't just replace your last attempt, but ADDS to it.

So you can get to a boss, shoot at him for 30 seconds, die, "rewind" to the beginning of the boss fight, choose a 2nd character, and now BOTH characters are shooting at the boss for that 30 seconds. Repeat enough and you're playing "coop" with a ton of characters that are all your individual "attempts."

You can even kill an enemy before he gets a chance to kill your last guy if you're fast enough. Then it creates a time paradox and that guy turns into a powerup, which effectively makes it so you're playing as both at once, kind of overlapping to combine their power.

It's pretty awesome.

Manus down.
Grass Crest Shield and Mask of the Child are my new best friends.

Congratulations! The Grass Crest Shield is particularly useful for any 'lighter build' (which, to be fair, tends to be most PvP builds where mobility is a very important factor) as the Stamina Recovery effect it provides is invaluable when paired with two-handing a weapon. It's effectiveness is further increased by having the ability to parry. As a shield, it is inferior to some others as it doesn't have the best stability or damage reduction in your arsenal, but the effect it provides, be you one-handing or two-handing a weapon, is really useful defensively and offensively. Hopefully the final few bosses you face are less of a challenge.

EDIT: Also, I'm assuming you didn't need it since you didn't mention it, so the item I had been referring to was: http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Pendant. It's useful for the DLC at times, but it isn't really an essential item at all as you've proved (assuming you didn't use it, if you didn't please ignore this).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yay! <3 Everybody knew this was coming but it's always good to have a confirmation!

Yeah, Capy made that as clear as possible without outright saying it:

At CAPY, our goal has always been simple: Create unique, beautiful video games that we love&#8230; and bring them wherever there is an audience (and ideally, a great controller) to play them. This is our goal with Below. This is our goal with Super TIME Force. This will be our goal with whatever crazy idea we do next.

This was mentioned in a post clarifying Below's X1 "exclusivity", no less.

Panda Rin

just finished up Wolfenstein. really enjoyed it. solid gameplay, characters were likeable, and had a ton of little details sprinkled throughout.

only thing that irked me was the ending though.

AHA-Lambda

It plays like a Contra game, but you can go back in time. It's not like a usual game time-rewind, in that it doesn't just replace your last attempt, but ADDS to it.

So you can get to a boss, shoot at him for 30 seconds, die, "rewind" to the beginning of the boss fight, choose a 2nd character, and now BOTH characters are shooting at the boss for that 30 seconds. Repeat enough and you're playing "coop" with a ton of characters that are all your individual "attempts."

You can even kill an enemy before he gets a chance to kill your last guy if you're fast enough. Then it creates a time paradox and that guy turns into a powerup, which effectively makes it so you're playing as both at once, kind of overlapping to combine their power.

It's pretty awesome.

ok, sounds pretty cool :p

It's pretty awesome.

whoa.

Want.

leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Volt -- MB-25480611236532E4 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 4 entrants total.
Bionic Dues -- MB-CD36EC6C0253917A - Taken by billmcdougal. 2 entrants total.

t1404328992z1.png

I can't remember the last game I was willing to double-dip on across platforms, but STF is so much fun, that I'll have to get the steam version...at least when it drops to $5 or so.

It's pretty awesome.

I have never heard of this, but you make it sound pretty cool. I'm going to look into this when I get home later.

gabbo

Yeah, but the violence actually fitted like a glove.
It's not on GOG either. Is it abandonware already? It's not buyable first-hand anymore.

The violence did fit like a glove. It's not abandonware. It, like many Activision titles from the mid to early 2000's is just no on sale anymore. Might be due to a)it being a hassle to run on modern machines b)the reboot tanking utterly and completely scared them off

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The violence did fit like a glove. It's not abandonware. It, like many Activision titles from the mid to early 2000's is just no on sale anymore. Might be due to a)it being a hassle to run on modern machines b)the reboot tanking utterly and completely scared them off

The Solider of Fortune name was licensed from the US military magazine of the same name -- this is why Payback is no longer sold on Steam (Acti's contract expired). I can't imagine the rights are expensive, though, and so I think it'd be wise of Acti to get them back and not only return Payback to Steam but also re-release the original two games. Sadly, though, that will almost assuredly never happen.

I came here to talk about Super Time Force Ultra but after seeing that GIF I think I'll have to leave before I pee myself.

Here's a less terrifying GIF:

stf_steam.gif

Grief should make a petition for the REAL earth defense force games to come out on PC/steam. I want to kill giant ants and I want to do so in 1080p AA vysnc 60fps.

I had to lurk in the Steam thread until we announced cause it was hard to not spoil the news :)

Rest assured I'll get some codes to the GAF crew ;)
Very nice of you! The pixel animations look really detailed even though it's so minimalistic.
Care to post some more gifs for hype?

Grief should make a petition for the REAL earth defense force games to come out on PC/steam. I want to kill giant ants and I want to do so in 1080p AA vysnc 60fps.
Got EDF Insect Armageddon Bundle on sale. Is that not a REAL EDF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom