• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

40 CENTS?!

image.php

Seriously, though, it is 40 cents more than you had before, so...

I think this is my first time being avatar quoted...

DWBffYE.gif

thank you sir

Just got my copy of Dino D Day. It can't be that bad... can it?

I remember playing this during a free weekend. It wasn't that bad.

I am a Capy indeed (I'm a co-founder of the studio and the president, technically)!

Thanks for the kind words! Also, thanks for paying full price ;)

There's a lot more GIFs on our Tumblr: http://capygames.tumblr.com

Here's a couple for funsies:
tumblr_n6k5accV9v1r67orko9_500.gif

tumblr_n6k5accV9v1r67orko10_500.gif

tumblr_mv8j6e4wBC1s0714io1_400.gif

Super excited about the STFU release. Won't wait for the sales either. :)
I went and checked out the release on your website and you guys have developed more awesome games than I can shake a stick at.

Welcome to SteamGAF. You... and only you... can walk on my lawn.

Autofokus

Just wanted to throw a quick shout out and thanks for the joy you brought to my wife's life with Critter Crunch. She's a non-gamer, but the Crunch completely won her over.

Props!

My wife too, but she destroyed one of my PS3 controllers in the process - she did 100% it though.

Just wanted to throw a quick shout out and thanks for the joy you brought to my wife's life with Critter Crunch. She's a non-gamer, but the Crunch completely won her over.

Props!

That's basically my experience. My girlfriend doesn't really play games except for the VERY rare game that speaks to her, and even then, only if it's something she can play with me, generally.

Other than PS3's Katamari, which she has always loved, Critter Crunch is the only ps3 title she was interested in. Lots of fun hours had there.

Dambrosi

Banned
Perhaps he should give them away to people who could review them and push it out on steamgaf. The more impressions the better.
Yeah, great idea! Better still, have Stump make it a new ModBot rule called MUSTREVIEW:

• The winner must write and submit a full 200-word or bigger review of the game on Steam and link to it in the thread, otherwise you will be banned from further ModBot giveaways for a week.

Looks like Killing Floor's summer event has started, game's 75% off for two weeks.

header_292x136.jpg

What they REALLY need is a "buy all the DLC that's cosmetic for a pittance". I'd throw money at them because it bugs me that I have large gaps in their DLC lists... but they never discount them enough to make it worthwhile for me since, again, they're mostly cosmetic.

Koren

Is there some Linux-Steam users here? Especially Debian users?

If it's the case, what is your experience with Steam on Linux? I'm not a big steam user, but I bought a couple games during the sales... I've had no problem with FTL and Frozen Synapse (both bought outside of steam, actually, but coming with a steam key). Now, it's more a mixed bag.

HL2 (I have Orange Box on PS3, but I *hate* dual analog, and I wanted to play it again with a mouse) has gamma problems (the slider does nothing and the game is too dark), but at least it's playable. No luck finding some support on this problem, though, although I'm not alone with this problem.

Kerbal Space Program is unplayable (kernel panic as soon as I try to launch it).

I've not tried everything, but I'm wondering whether "linux-compatible" games often have issues, or if I was just unlucky?

Jawmuncher

Yeah, great idea! Better still, have Stump make it a new ModBot rule called MUSTREVIEW:

Dunno if Stump would go for that. Though i'm not opposed to it.
Just I know there's quite a few here who tend to post some very good indepth impressions/reviews after they play a game.

Props!

This warms my cold, cold heart. Thanks.

My wife too, but she destroyed one of my PS3 controllers in the process - she did 100% it though.

My friend's wife made our other friend's wife a Critter Crunch cake for her birthday a while back. It was awesome.

http://cakeoricandothat.blogspot.com/2011/06/critter-crunch.html

Knurek

Guys, sorry for being so absent as of late.
It's just that I've spent 17 hours playing Might & Magic X in the last week or so, and... yea, well, still planning on spending at least 3 times as much.
Get this game if you haven't already, it's like Civ5 and FM2013 had a threesome with Skyrim when it comes to the ability to suck you into the game.

derExperte

Where can I find this?

Hmm, the game is on Steam....?

What they REALLY need is a "buy all the DLC that's cosmetic for a pittance". I'd throw money at them because it bugs me that I have large gaps in their DLC lists... but they never discount them enough to make it worthwhile for me since, again, they're mostly cosmetic.

I won't spend any more money on KF1, what they need to do is, is to start the beta of KF2 right after the event ends. That would be much appreciated.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Perhaps he should give them away to people who could review them and push it out on steamgaf. The more impressions the better.

If I knew exactly the guys that would review em and push em out on steamgaf I would give them those copies.

As for the game losing value. If I'm paying for those games why are they being devalued exactly? I have no ties to the company and Im paying for the games at the current price at the steam store and those guys can spread the worth of mouth on the game. I remember not a lot of people knew about it when it was posted recently and suddenly I see it growing on the wishlists and the people who own it lists so something good might be happening by giving it the exposure on the giveaways and talking about it. Sure some might wait out for the game on a sale but isnt that a normal thing to happen on Steamgaf itself?

Ibuki

Banned
I have my second interview at GameStop in like 40 minutes.
;n;

Good luck! I'm an ASM so if you have any questions feel free to ask, would be happy to help. If you are on to a second interview that is already an extreme positive. Most people I have interviewed in the last month haven't made it to a second.

Jawmuncher

Guys, sorry for being so absent as of late.
It's just that I've spent 17 hours playing Might & Magic X in the last week or so, and... yea, well, still planning on spending at least 3 times as much.
Get this game if you haven't already, it's like Civ5 and FM2013 had a threesome with Skyrim when it comes to the ability to suck you into the game.

Damn. Saw you playing it didn't know it had been that much.
At least someone here on SteamGAF plays games.

Speevy

Banned
I have a silly question about indie games.

When the games use a deliberately blocky or pixellated style, something which was chosen on purpose rather than out of necessity, is it strictly artistic choice or are there programs that make this choice easier than others?

derExperte

If I knew exactly the guys that would review em and push em out on steamgaf I would give them those copies.

As for the game losing value. If I'm paying for those games why are they being devalued exactly? I have no ties to the company and Im paying for the games at the current price at the steam store and those guys can spread the worth of mouth on the game. I remember not a lot of people knew about it when it was posted recently and suddenly I see it growing on the wishlists and the people who own it lists so something good might be happening by giving it the exposure on the giveaways and talking about it. Sure some might wait out for the game on a sale but isnt that a normal thing to happen on Steamgaf itself?

I was joking and trying to avoid the obvious 'yes, of course' answer.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have my second interview at GameStop in like 40 minutes.
;n;

Good luck! I have an interview myself this afternoon in about an hour and 40 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom