• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Co founder of Capy is posting in here talking about giving some codes for STFU to us...uwhaaaa

I've been on GAF for like 8 years now... just not crazy active in the Steam thread since it gets washy when we have an in-dev game ;)

I have a silly question about indie games.

When the games use a deliberately blocky or pixellated style, something which was chosen on purpose rather than out of necessity, is it strictly artistic choice or are there programs that make this choice easier than others?

I think its safe to say it's almost always a stylistic choice. At least, it is 100% from our POV.

So, Qvadriga

It hit Steam right before the sale so sort of got lost in the shuffle. Played quite a bit of the non-Steam versoin, finally had a chance to check the Steam version out. It's the exact same.

So Qvadriga won't blow you away graphically or sound-wise, but it's damned unique. It's a chariot-racing sim / chariot-team-management game. You can play the races "turn-based" where it pauses every 10 seconds to let you enter a command for the next 10 second turn, or you can play in "real time" where you enter your action for the next turn during the current turn. The given actions at any moment are pretty basic, mostly accelerate, decelerate, try to maintain control, small or large moves left or right (i.e. 'lane changing') or attack left or right (either smashing with your chariot, or using your whip on other drivers/horses.

But what glorious chaos results. Most of the damage will be stuff done to yourself, as you take a turn too quickly and lose a wheel, or whip your horses a bit too hard and one of them goes down, etc. In single race mode you don't really care, but when playing the surprisingly deep team-management campaign you can get *heavily* invested in your star Aurigas, and watching them being dragged unconscious behind your horses after their chariot disintegrates, hoping they can get it together and run off the track before being run down by an opposing team can be crazy stressful.

Management is fun too; you can build a team of violent bruisers, super-technical race managers, speed demons, etc, by combining perks and training of the Auriga, the chariot, and the horses. And you need to respond to the different race tracks and area tendencies (some tracks are super-crowded, so you need to be tough, some areas of the map have drivers that tend more towards the technical over the physical, etc)

So... yeah. Fun game. Plays exactly the same on Steam as the DRM free version does. Not cheap, but pretty unique.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I was joking and trying to avoid the obvious 'yes, of course' answer.

Ive seen people talk seriously like that so I simply responded normally. No biggie.
KuGsj.gif

Unclaimed keys from way back, get 'em before I nuke 'em:
Also, cool on Capy for landing in this watering hole.

Capy has been doing well with their PC releases. Off the top of my head, Clash of Heroes, Critter crunch, and Sword and Sworcery have all landed on PC. With this coming out and Below guaranteed for PC, too, it seems like they know what's up.

Seaklng

Banned
If you really want to make an impression, knock over a magazine rack on your way out.
I'm klutzy enough. That's for sure lol

Good luck! I'm an ASM so if you have any questions feel free to ask, would be happy to help. If you are on to a second interview that is already an extreme positive. Most people I have interviewed in the last month haven't made it to a second.
Ahhh you just made me feel so good about this. Thank you. <3
Yeah I think it's also a plus that they know me by name lol
I wish you the best of luck in finding your new hire!

Goodluck. Hopefully the people who work there are cool.
They are c:

How many times can you say pre-order? Also hope it goes well.
Thank you. I hope so too <3

Good luck! I have an interview myself this afternoon in about an hour and 40 minutes.
Best of luck! We're both going to kick ass and take names :]

Caerith

Yeah, great idea! Better still, have Stump make it a new ModBot rule called MUSTREVIEW:

I know it's a joke, but I actually like this. Except, I don't write reviews until I finish a game, preferably 100%ing it. I'd post "played for an hour" impressions of stuff if I thought people would care to read it.

Does this apply to the operations drops too?

Not 100% sure, but I believe it covers the Operation drops as well. I did some idling during the opening hours of Phoenix and got a case to sell on the market.

Unless they changed something recently, it should cover new Operation drops.

I know it's a joke, but I actually like this. Except, I don't write reviews until I finish a game, preferably 100%ing it. I'd post "played for an hour" impressions of stuff if I thought people would care to read it.

I for one read your reviews. So if you were to do a "Briefly Played" review I would be happy to read them.

Seaklng

Banned
Good luck seaking a job out. It took me a month of almost nothing this past May before I got my summer job in the most unexpected place.

Im so glad that things worked out for you c:
Thats usually how things go though.
Always the unexpected~

Thank you to everyone else that has wished me luck.
With the wishes of GAF backing me, I can do anything <3

yGray

Banned
Not sure what you mean by "allowed"?

I haven't played enough to form a really complete opinion of the game, but I adore what I've played so far and think Yacht Club *very clearly* knows wtf is up.

I don't know. Sometimes other developers don't want to say anything about other games.

It's one of my favorite games this year.

I wish i could say I've played Super Time Force because it looks pretty amazing but I don't have an X1 or 360. I am very much looking forward to your game dude on Steam my dood.

Seaklng

Banned
As a GameStop employee. I say good luck :) let me know how it goes. Hopefully your store as good people in it.

That means a lot!
Yeah I like everyone there.
They know me by name... probably cause I'm in there too much lmfao
I'll let ya know ofc.

Going to head out now. I don't like to be late to things.

That would be nice. Just picked it up during the summer sale and would kind of like to wait until all 5 eps are out before diving in.

I totally meant to buy Wolf Among Us on that last day and just missed it between work and everything.

I suppose I have enough to hold me over until it hopefully goes on sale for just as low ...hopefully not too long from now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bonus points for IT Crowd c:
We so got dis. It's not even funny.
Where's your interview, if you don't mind me asking.

Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to say. :( Needless to say, it would be exciting news around these parts if I get the job.

Wolf Among Us trailer tomorrow. Episode 5 already next Tuesday?

That would be perfect timing! I just finished Episode 3 last night, and planned on playing Episode 4 this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom