• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yGray

Banned
:3 i think i know what it is. This man is far too generous. Im about to buy him witcher 3 from one of those russian dudes who are selling it for like $20
Someone bought it for him last night.

I like the mystery @shadownet. I doubt it's on my wish list. Only have four games there

TsuXna

You will still have the Pre Sequel this fall to quench your Borderlands thirst.
Right.
I still need some people to finish it one more time.
72 or sth gaf friends but can't find one to play coop games with, what a shame. Chariot is my saver :3

Right.
I still need some people to finish it one more time.
72 or sth gaf friends but can't find one to play coop games with, what a shame. Chariot is my saver :3
I've been waiting on a co-op buddy to play BL2 with. It's boring as hell by myself.

Edit: Gonna take a gamble on the Operation Breakout pass and hope I can make my money back before cases plummet in price.

Say can anyone recommend me a easy and free way to simply stream a specific game window to Twitch? I have a Twitch account that I sometimes use with my PS4 for friends but otherwise I'm totally new to it. All I really need it for would be to stream Dynasty Warriors 8 for a friend and nothing more and I don't need any bells and whistles just a "Stream that window now!" function. Normally I used Skype Video Streaming but that way he can't hear the sound of my game :/ Like the PS4 does it with a simple setup-free button press would be ideal.

I tried the Raptr client since I wanted to try AMDs Gaming DVR Beta anyway but I was unable to get the beta-client and every second with this software made me cringe, no Raptr, I don't want you to scan, optimize or track my games, all I want you you to do is stream and record things for me but I couldn't even remove the games Raptr detected from the list, only hide them...

Sendou

I did look into their games and find them boring,Imo.
But... But borderlands without shooting is no borderlands.
I can't really imagine how you gonna play borderlands with point and click, no hope for me :(

I on the other hand love Telltale's recent games but can't stand Borderlands writing so I guess I'm skipping the game until it's in bundle or something.

Toki767

Say can anyone recommend me a easy and free way to simply stream a specific game window to Twitch? I have a Twitch account that I sometimes use with my PS4 for friends but otherwise I'm totally new to it. All I really need it for would be to stream Dynasty Warriors 8 for a friend and nothing more and I don't need any bells and whistles just a "Stream that window now!" function. Normally I used Skype Video Streaming but that way he can't hear the sound of my game :/

I tried the Raptr client since I wanted to try AMDs Gaming DVR Beta but I was unable to get the beta-client and every second with this software made me cringe, no Raptr, I don't want you to scan, optimize or track my games, all I want you you to do is stream and record things for me but I couldn't even remove the games Raptr detected from the list, only hide them...

OBS

aku:jiki

Typing from my new machine, woo! I feel like I have to hold on while using it because everything is moving at warp speed. Just typing this post is intense as fuck.

Wish I had more money left over so I could buy something with crazy graphics to test it all out with. Gonna have to make do with bundle games for now...

MisterM

Say can anyone recommend me a easy and free way to simply stream a specific game window to Twitch? I have a Twitch account that I sometimes use with my PS4 for friends but otherwise I'm totally new to it. All I really need it for would be to stream Dynasty Warriors 8 for a friend and nothing more and I don't need any bells and whistles just a "Stream that window now!" function. Normally I used Skype Video Streaming but that way he can't hear the sound of my game :/

I tried the Raptr client since I wanted to try AMDs Gaming DVR Beta but I was unable to get the beta-client and every second with this software made me cringe, no Raptr, I don't want you to scan, optimize or track my games, all I want you you to do is stream and record things for me but I couldn't even remove the games Raptr detected from the list, only hide them...

OBS. Google it, install it, love it

Speaking of OBS, does anyone know if they fixed the issue with Nvenc if you were on the latest beta drivers? Last time I tried it I couldn't get it to capture if I had it set to use Nvenc at all.

And now that ShadowPlay removed the mic mute key for some dumbass reason I want something else to stream with until they put it back.

Strider

Say can anyone recommend me a easy and free way to simply stream a specific game window to Twitch? I have a Twitch account that I sometimes use with my PS4 for friends but otherwise I'm totally new to it. All I really need it for would be to stream Dynasty Warriors 8 for a friend and nothing more and I don't need any bells and whistles just a "Stream that window now!" function. Normally I used Skype Video Streaming but that way he can't hear the sound of my game :/ Like the PS4 does it with a simple setup-free button press would be ideal.

I tried the Raptr client since I wanted to try AMDs Gaming DVR Beta any but I was unable to get the beta-client and every second with this software made me cringe, no Raptr, I don't want you to scan, optimize or track my games, all I want you you to do is stream and record things for me but I couldn't even remove the games Raptr detected from the list, only hide them...

As someone above already mentioned use OBS. It's free and twitch has instructions on how to setup the software on their website. I've only streamed a couple of times but that's what I used.

Edit: links to OBS website and the twitch guide.

https://obsproject.com/

http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1262922-open-broadcaster-software

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to Binarypork for Grimind!

You're welcome!

So, Qvadriga

It hit Steam right before the sale so sort of got lost in the shuffle. Played quite a bit of the non-Steam versoin, finally had a chance to check the Steam version out. It's the exact same.

So Qvadriga won't blow you away graphically or sound-wise, but it's damned unique. It's a chariot-racing sim / chariot-team-management game. You can play the races "turn-based" where it pauses every 10 seconds to let you enter a command for the next 10 second turn, or you can play in "real time" where you enter your action for the next turn during the current turn. The given actions at any moment are pretty basic, mostly accelerate, decelerate, try to maintain control, small or large moves left or right (i.e. 'lane changing') or attack left or right (either smashing with your chariot, or using your whip on other drivers/horses.

But what glorious chaos results. Most of the damage will be stuff done to yourself, as you take a turn too quickly and lose a wheel, or whip your horses a bit too hard and one of them goes down, etc. In single race mode you don't really care, but when playing the surprisingly deep team-management campaign you can get *heavily* invested in your star Aurigas, and watching them being dragged unconscious behind your horses after their chariot disintegrates, hoping they can get it together and run off the track before being run down by an opposing team can be crazy stressful.

Management is fun too; you can build a team of violent bruisers, super-technical race managers, speed demons, etc, by combining perks and training of the Auriga, the chariot, and the horses. And you need to respond to the different race tracks and area tendencies (some tracks are super-crowded, so you need to be tough, some areas of the map have drivers that tend more towards the technical over the physical, etc)

So... yeah. Fun game. Plays exactly the same on Steam as the DRM free version does. Not cheap, but pretty unique.

I'm definitely looking forward to picking this up in the future, when it goes on sale. It sounds like an interesting concept that I've never really seen in a game before.

Found some leftover keys. Some of these may be taken already, I'm not sure. My apologies if they are.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Critical Mass -- MB-63519DBFA8937E63 - Taken by xeris. 1 entrants total.
LYNE -- MB-ABC3F570BBBBC737 - Taken by bronson. 2 entrants total.
Tribloos 2 -- MB-CAC5B93080EFB722 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-E7215B4CB22A4015 - Taken by xenoflux2113. 2 entrants total.
t1404335967z1.png

:3 i think i know what it is. This man is far too generous. Im about to buy him witcher 3 from one of those russian dudes who are selling it for like $20

Wow, $20? I wonder how good my rig is going to have to be in order to surpass the ps4 version. Not sure if I can swing an upgrade at the moment.

Vlad

Well, time to play Oprah and give away some of my favorite things!

Please, only enter for these if you actually plan on playing these. Especially Moonbase Commander! If you win that, we have to play a match!

Well, not really, but it'd be nice ;)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vlad, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-0B7834F6D14F989A - Taken by pupo. 8 entrants total.
Moonbase Commander -- MB-5BC951C5DED16E31 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 6 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-947E72E6FEB3015F - Taken by Hero Prinny. 20 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-AB9B7AECD86C8736 - Taken by TsuXna. 8 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-74DD890E76F5F436 - Taken by Unicorn. 6 entrants total.

t1404345789z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've chosen two guys who deserve Abyss Odyssey. I have gifted enough copies directly on steam and enough through modbot.

Those interested in the game should really buy it instead of waiting for giveaways :p

dot

So i just played the Gods Will Be Watching browser game and the first thing i did was shoot the dog and everybody else. The psychiatrist went insane and ran away. I survived for 1 day.

am i the only one that did this

Ibuki

Banned
I've chosen two guys who deserve Abyss Odyssey. I have gifted enough copies directly on steam and enough through modbot.

Those interested in the game should really buy it instead of waiting for giveaways :p

I don't plan to win a giveaway but the game looks amazing and that price point is awesome. I'll probably buy it after I get payed on Friday.

Shadownet

Banned

Witcher 3? Ventara beat you to it last night bro. I'm still recovering from the shock. I was so happy last night.

Don't get me anything :) especially not Batman AK. I'm getting that on PS4.

Btw, I hope you will be on SteamGAF when I get home at 10pm :) just saying..

Jawmuncher

So i just played the Gods Will Be Watching browser game and the first thing i did was shoot the dog and everybody else. The psychiatrist went insane and ran away. I survived for 1 day.

am i the only one that did this

That's what I did but I left the soldier alive.
Think it's kinda BS that the game forces you to die that quick if you do that.
Since I had a bunch of items and there was clearly still a fire going so how I died of hypothermia i'll never know.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't plan to win a giveaway but the game looks amazing and that price point is awesome. I'll probably buy it after I get payed on Friday.

Yeah, the 33% early bird discount is rather generous. Since the OST is a pre-purchase incentive I would've bought it at full price, but I'm certainly not complaining about saving a few bucks. ;)

Know nothing about Telltale tbh, only that they working on new Borderlands, hope they won't turn one of my favourite games into point and click. Well Borderlands without dynamic shooting won't be borderlands.

Uhh, don't buy Tales from the Borderlands, just don't. It's going to be an adventure game not a loot grind-y shooter. You want to play the Pre-sequel, or whatever.

Witcher 3? Ventara beat you to it last night bro. I'm still recovering from the shock. I was so happy last night.

Don't get me anything :) especially not Batman AK. I'm getting that on PS4.

Btw, I hope you will be on SteamGAF when I get home at 10pm :) just saying..
Im going to go beat up ventara for taking my idea :mad: ill buy you something this weekend, i should have about $15-20 to spare :)

Shadownet

Banned
As I said. If you don't think the game I'm going to give away is on your wish list. Then go and update your wish list to have the games that you truly want. Hopefully my game will be one of those :) good luck. I'll see you all tonight.

Nabs

The main Steam client has been updated:

An update has been released for the Steam Client and will be automatically downloaded.

General

Fixed in-game overlay sometimes not activating on first hot-key press after game launch
Games can be preloaded to any available Steam Library folder
Fixed downloading games in development
Fixed some cases where Steam wasn't asking the user if they wanted to let the game update when re-launching after a game crash
Fix "Recently Played" list generation
Removed defunct “Media” filter from the library filter menu
Added Tools to the Installed and Recently Played library lists
Fixed a bug in the in-game overlay which could lead to a game crash in ShellExecute calls with unexpected parameters
Changed in-game overlay to prefer first created and still in-use swapchain and avoid presenting on multiple swapchains at once
Fixed memory issue and crash when voice API's were sent corrupt data, thanks to Luigi Auriemma from Revuln for the report
Fix buffer overflow from malformed voice packets
Fixed installing games with very large files from retail disc

Big Picture

Added new library section for browsing and managing user screenshots
Decreased sensitivity of trigger buttons for fast paging in library all games view
Decreased sensitivity of analog triggers for mode switches in daisywheel text input
Fixed hotkeys involving ctrl/alt/shift modifies not functioning in the in-game overlay as intended
Windows: Ensure that we try to forcefully take window focus back on game exit, which deals with some cases where games with launchers could lead windows to restore focus to a random non-Steam window
Windows: Performance improvements for the in-game overlay in D3D9ex, D3D10, D3D10.1, and D3D11 game
Fix a case where the system context menu for the Big Picture window could be activated on game exit and input would then go to it rather than Big Picture
Fix the Remove Friend and Block All Communication buttons in the Profile actions section to function
Fix a rare crash during login inside of Big Picture if Steam is set to start up in Big Picture mode

In-Home Streaming

Worked around a crash in the latest NVIDIA driver (337.88)
Implemented brightness controls for games like Dark Souls II and Thief
You can toggle windowed mode on the client with Alt-Enter and resize the streaming window
Desktop shortcuts will stream games if they are currently available for streaming
Added 2’ streaming EULA dialog so you don’t have to go to the remote computer to accept it after installing a game
Fixed the menu bar showing on the client on Mac OS X 10.6
Worked around NVIDIA driver crash when streaming games from laptops with NVIDIA GPUs
Fixed the escape key canceling fullscreen mode on Mac OS X
Fixed window size when leaving fullscreen mode on Mac OS X
Streaming uses UDP ports 27031 and 27036 and TCP ports 27036 and 27037
Implemented streaming controller support for games using the Unity engine
Fixed black screen with some launchers when using the Windows 7 Basic theme
Fixed "The streaming client exited unexpectedly (2)" in some cases where D3D9 and OpenGL aren’t available
Added support for XInput based arcade sticks and wheels on Windows clients
Added support for NVIDIA hardware encoding for D3D fullscreen games on GeForce 650+ cards and the latest beta NVIDIA driver (340.43)
Enabled fast desktop capture on Optimus laptops with the latest beta NVIDIA driver

OSX

Fixed a crash affecting some users running OS X Mavericks
Fixed crash plugging and unplugging a game controller
Fixed incorrectly ellipsizing strings in labels

Virtual Reality

Added support for VR mode on Linux
Added support for VR mode on OSX

Well, time to play Oprah and give away some of my favorite things!

Please, only enter for these if you actually plan on playing these. Especially Moonbase Commander! If you win that, we have to play a match!

Well, not really, but it'd be nice ;)

Thanks! I unfortunately can't enter because I was lucky enough to win something already today. Really have my eye on risk of rain though. Choice of games is great, though. I really enjoyed the swapper.

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks for the review. I was thinking about picking up the PS4 version instead for big screen goodness. Now I'm starting to think that it may be more effective if I play it on PC instead and a larger screen may overwhelm it. Thoughts?

Depends, I have a 38" TV hooked up to my computer so it's big screen goodness all around. I don't think it would affect the game that much and I think the UbiART will always shine through as long as it's not on something small like a phone screen or something. I feel like the game was made for a controller though, especially when it comes to the digging sections, but you could also just hook up your DS4 to the PC. It really comes down to personal preference and if you want to play it on the biggest screen possible, because I'm sure the game will run perfect on both PS4 and PC.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It is a steal and I really liked Rock of Ages. I didn't get around to playing Zeno Clash but I probably should.
Zeno Clash is cool but the combat could be better. Takes time to get into it but I love the world and characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom