• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
I got stuck on the stage 5 boss. I really suck at these shump games.

The Stage 6 boss is about twice as hard as anything else in the game up to that point. It's like they troll you and turn the difficulty up to hard.

the last boss in Astebreed... it's annoying.
I progressed till the third state... and gosh.. T_T

you guys make me feel better... I've been stuck on the last boss since the start of the week

#Shmuplife

hitmon

Make sure this is checked in your settings:

WnjtvJe.png

EDIT: Beat pretty bad
, but I have a screenshot! :)

I never knew that. Learn something new everyday.

Articalys

As is the norm for the series, the early stages of DMC4 are a bit of a drag before you get enough orbs to level up most of your skills. Still fun though.
Also the switch to "red orbs are for items only, need to clear stages to get skill orbs" is an odd move but I guess I'll get used to it. I don't think you could quit stages midway and keep orbs in 1-3 anyway so I don't think there's any functional change...

No problem! \o/

I was told that there's another gaffer with the same avatar as me when I posted in an off-topic thread and confused everyone, but we have yet to run into each other. If I do run into them, I'll probably change my icon and confuse everyone further.

Nooo. I don't want to lose Sakamoto. :( As long as you change it to a different Sakamoto you're still okay in my books.

The last boss is Impossible!!!!!! :D.

I progressed alot after 30 tries, but I had to take a break and will continue fighting tomorrow. I always get to the third phase bit I can't find a good time to sword attack or lock on with those 2 homing shots plus everythang else.

Oh dear I haven't played past the third level yet since I'm way too mesmerized by the game and always start over when I fail :p But OT title noted! :D

I'm still standing by my opinion that Astebreed suffers from bad game design.

How so? In my limited playtime I couldn't notice if there is bad design

the last boss in Astebreed... it's annoying.
I progressed till the third state... and gosh.. T_T

you guys make me feel better... I've been stuck on the last boss since the start of the week

Don't worry, I can't even pass level 3 without failing and I'm too stubborn to press Retry fom Checkpoint :(

I thought this was gonna be another generic anime mmo, but it looks kinda fun! I'm liking the music too. Another game added to the wishlist...

i see Ariana

Whoa I had no idea this comes to Steam, wishlisted too! :D

yGray

Banned
Because DMC4 is garbage, only half a game, and Dante is wearing flare pants with cowboy boots.

And Nero is a Mary Sue randomly created to replace Vergil- who somehow also has Vergil's appearance and skill even before the Yamato fusing.

And because of that ridiculous anime song in the beginning.

Play DmC instead. It's a million billion times better.

Grief.exe

DMC 4 isn't one of the bad DMCs though, unless the PC port isn't good.

The PC port for DMC4 is phenomenal.

Because DMC4 is garbage, only half a game, and Dante is wearing flare pants with cowboy boots.

And Nero is a Mary Sue randomly created to replace Vergil- who somehow also has Vergil's appearance and skill even before the Yamato fusing.

ibaQWunmnuEq8.gif

Mokoi

Banned

Are you dismissing the whole game just because you don't like that you have to read the subtitles because the voices are in Japanese? The story is lame anyways.

Oh dear I haven't played past the third level yet since I'm way too mesmerized by the game and always start over when I fail :p But OT title noted! :D

How so? In my limited playtime I couldn't notice if there is bad design

Yeah you're going to have to put git gud in the OT.

Edit: From the brief time I played it I can say DMC4 is the shit! I mean that in a good way just in case you cannot comprehend that.

Elija2

I was told that there's another gaffer with the same avatar as me when I posted in an off-topic thread and confused everyone, but we have yet to run into each other. If I do run into them, I'll probably change my icon and confuse everyone further.

That would be Saint Gregory. It actually confused me when I saw your avatar for the first time because I thought you were him. And now you're going and changing your username to make it even more confusing! :p

Mono

That would be Saint Gregory. It actually confused me when I saw your avatar for the first time because I thought you were him. And now you're going and changing your username to make it even more confusing! :p

Yep, that's the guy!

Does he ever post in SteamGAF?
We'll be confusing twins. :O

Hugstable

Banned
Are you dismissing the whole game just because you don't like that you have to read the subtitles because the voices are in Japanese? The story is lame anyways.

It's a bullet hell Shmup, it don't need a story I just wanna blast shit while looking flashy

kierwynn

I just finished Gone Home. I knew it was short, but I wasn't expecting it to be that short. Still, it was an interesting game and I enjoyed it!
The house is so creepy, though- kept expecting something to jump out at me.

Indignate

I just finished Gone Home. I knew it was short, but I wasn't expecting it to be that short. Still, it was an interesting game and I enjoyed it!

Did you
pick up the cross?

Deadbeat

Banned

This kind of posting

is annoying

DMC 4 is the better game

bananas.

UncleBiz

Going into it blind is the best. I really enjoyed it

Milamber

I felt nostalgic again last night and loaded up my NFS Underground 2 with widescreen fix. Recorded a video while I was at it.

Don't let that video fool you with the stuttering, It was buttery smooth all race, i just accidentally recorded it in the same hard drive it was installed from.

Deadbeat

Banned
bro it's the future

#dealwithit
DmC sold worse than DMC 4. The fanbase has spoken. #dealwithit
I felt nostalgic again last night and loaded up my NFS Underground 2 with widescreen fix. Recorded a video while I was at it.

Don't let that video fool you with the stuttering, It was buttery smooth all race, i just accidentally recorded it in the same hard drive it was installed from.
Kind of a side tangent of a question but is Most Wanted any good?

Noted! :p

image.php

I have a folder of like 50 similar back-up icons, just in case! I'll never change!

Out of curiosity, where does this Sakamoto avatar come from? I never saw him drawn like that and thought the artstyle fits him pretty well!

Ah I remember now, sorry I didn't recognize you right away :(

And it's been ages since I played it but I would wholeheartedly recommend DMC4 to anyone although opinions are subjective of course.

Milamber

Kind of a side tangent of a question but is Most Wanted any good?

First Most Wanted, definitely. Second is crap.

Out of curiosity, where does this Sakamoto avatar come from? I never saw him drawn like that and thought the artstyle fits him pretty well!

Thats not Sakamoto-san fron Nichijou. They may look alike but it's a perfectly normal cat, totally unrelated to the story, in Ghost Trick.

MTE

Nostalgiagasm.
NFS:U2 has to be the NFS, in the post-Porsche Unleashed era, that I've played the most. Green neons! Never enough green neons.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

But DmC Donte is a Mary Sue as well. So is regular Dante. If that's one of the major problems you have with 4, I'm not sure how you like the franchise in the first place :p

Play it! It's so good!

I'll push it to the top of my backlog.

First Most Wanted, definitely. Second is crap.

Yeah the second one left a lot to be desired. It was really annoying that each car pretty much had a small selection of events they could participate in. And what the hell kind of racing game doesn't let you pick the color of your car? Seriously.

Serious Sam Classics Revolution is really fun. It's only $1.49 right now, so anyone who doesn't have it yet should check it out.

The text when you quit a game is amazing.

Just picked this up. I'm actually just so so on the basic gameplay what I remember from playing the Serious Sam series back in the day. But I've been making an effort some recently to do some throwback gaming nights with friends, with very fun results. And using this for 4 player local co-op sounds like good dumb fun.

Thats not Sakamoto-san fron Nichijou. They may look alike but it's a perfectly normal cat, totally unrelated to the story, in Ghost Trick.

Ooops okay that explains it, at first I mistook it for Rose from Riviera but I quickly remembered how Rose actually looked. Then I have to say Ghost Trick has awesome cat-design! :D I have to play it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom