• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

tf2outpost is your friend, you can search for games and trade using tf2 keys you buy from the marketplace. Just make sure the game you want is region free

Do they also accept Steam wallet? I don't want to buy TF2 Keys. Seems unnecessary. Or can I not send them US funds?

denx

I'm probably missing something, but I've never been able to get DOSBox games to work reliably when doing that. Everything else works fine that way.

Try installing a DOSBox GOG game, then add it to Steam. After that go to the desktop shortcut that should have been created when you installed the game, go to properties in the game's shortcut, copy the target directory, go to the Steam client, right click on the DOSBox game, properties, then overwrite the target directory with the one you copied from the desktop shortcut, now try launching the game.

Hugstable

Banned
Do they also accept Steam wallet? I don't want to buy TF2 Keys. Seems unnecessary. Or can I not send them US funds?

I don't think you can just give someone steam wallet lol. Keys are the way to bypass this as they sell the keys on the store.

Edit: beaten

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Are you dismissing the whole game just because you don't like that you have to read the subtitles because the voices are in Japanese? The story is lame anyways.

I'm not dismissing the whole game because it has bad game design, I'm saying that it suffers from bad game design. The Witcher 2 sufferers from this and I will generally recommend it to anyone. Also I don't generally care that I have to read subtitles, especially if the language is Japanese; Usually the voice actors are better than whoever they choose for the dub (if any). It becomes a problem when the game requires that I pay attention to the gameplay and then somehow expects me to also divert my attention to read subtitles or listen to a character talk extensively at the same time. It's a ridiculous expectation from the developers.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm going to assume you're from the UK based on the avatar and just say that they are chav smarties

Don't make me cut you. M&Ms are on a whole another stratosphere compared to smarties.

Lain

I received Always Sometimes Monster from Speevy and promptly started playing it. So far the game feels pretty interesting with the way it makes you decide on the hero of the story and how it seems to emphasize choice as being important in the game.
Well, I chose to look through a keyhole as I was leaving my apartment and saw a couple getting it on, so choice is good?

Sky Chief

Try installing a DOSBox GOG game, then add it to Steam. After that go to the desktop shortcut that should have been created when you installed the game, go to properties in the game's shortcut, copy the target directory, go to the Steam client, right click on the DOSBox game, properties, then overwrite the target directory with the one you copied from the desktop shortcut, now try launching the game.

What can I do if I didn't create desktop shortcuts when installing?

Salsa

I received Always Sometimes Monster from Speevy and promptly started playing it. So far the game feels pretty interesting with the way it makes you decide on the hero of the story and how it seems to emphasize choice as being important in the game.
Well, I chose to look through a keyhole as I was leaving my apartment and saw a couple getting it on, so choice is good?

im really interested in what this thing even is, so post moar

DukeBobby

The waxy coating of M&Ms/Smarties is made out of the secretions of a female beetle-like insect.

Female, you say?

3-4ani-sal-waggle.gif

Nasty.

Speevy

Banned

It's better than eating beetle secretions...or the same, depending on what you're into.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think you can trade steam wallet money (yet), but I think they're adding it soon

Yeah, it's coming. Last year there were sporadic reports of people finding their Steam Wallet balance listed as an inventory item and I want to say that fund trading was mentioned as an upcoming feature at Steam Dev Days back in January.

Speevy

Banned
Can someone tell me the Russian price for The Last Tinker" City of Colors. It might not even be available on that marketplace.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can someone tell me the Russian price for The Last Tinker" City of Colors. It might not even be available on that marketplace.

$13/7 keys. I pre-ordered it myself on the cheap due to the inclusion of the OST, which isn't available.

Edit: Oh, wait, there's a game + OST bundle. Still, better safe than sorry. ;)

Have any of you guys finished Antichamber? Ending worth getting to? I honestly got pretty stuck maybe an hour in and really didn't want to use guides or waste my day off.

Turfster

Never eating Smarties again. ick.
You can cross any kind of candy off your list then ;)

Have any of you guys finished Antichamber? Ending worth getting to? I honestly got pretty stuck maybe an hour in and really didn't want to use guides or waste my day off.

I got bored somewhere 3/4ths of the way in, where it became an exercise in awkwardly
drawing things in 3D while holding the middle mouse button
over and over again.

Mono

So, I bought the Civ 5 DLC civs on GMG with my Playfire credits. Two of them didn't redeem on Steam because it was telling me that I don't own the base game.

Steam support just responded to me saying that the keys were for COD: Modern Warfare DLC.
ಠ_ಠ

Time to email GMG support and possibly get a response in two to three months. :(

Speevy

Banned
$13/7 keys. I pre-ordered it myself on the cheap due to the inclusion of the OST, which isn't available.

Edit: Oh, wait, there's a game + OST bundle. Still, better safe than sorry. ;)

I need a Russian dude. You hear me guys. I desperately need a Russian dude right now!

I mean...yeah.

I have been slowly working through it without a guide, to be honest I haven't touched in a very long time, and the longer it goes the bigger fear I have that I won't remember what I was doing, so then I still don't play it.

I enjoyed the puzzles I played. Some of them really make you think and try some different things to solve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom