• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Btw, if you guys need cheap TF2 Keys. Add Ikkyu on Steam. hes very reliable and hes selling them for $2. which is 50 cents cheaper than the average sellers. Tell him Shadownet sent you. :)

$2 is cheaper but still a little high. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $1.90, although that being said it can be frustrating to find someone who:

- Has the statistics to suggest legitimacy
- Has enough keys in stock
- Doesn't require a ton of rep/hundreds of hours in TF2
- Accepts PayPal, and
- Is actually online as opposed to AFK (Steam Community really needs to distinguish between the various online statuses as Friends does)

Shadownet

Banned
$2 is cheaper but still a little high. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $1.90, although that being said it can be frustrating to find someone who:

- Has the statistics to suggest legitimacy
- Has enough keys in stock
- Doesn't require a ton of rep/hundreds of hours in TF2
- Accepts PayPal, and
- Is actually online as opposed to AFK (Steam Community really needs to distinguish between the various online statuses as Friends does)

yeah but I think I can swallow the 10 cents and save the trouble of finding someone who is willing to sell it for $1.90

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
and here I was about to nuke away a Steam Key for
The Witcher 3.
you could nuke it into my account, because I'll probably never play it, but you know... status.

speaking of not playing things, I should do the opposite of that! but what... choice paralysis!!

JaseC

yeah but I think I can swallow the 10 cents and save the trouble of finding someone who is willing to sell it for $1.90

Yeah, the last time I went hunting for second-hand keys to pay for a larger purchase, I ultimately gave up and just went with PayPal.

BHK3

Banned
2d207f6a0c.jpg

100%, All done. My hands hurt, never do these kinds of things in one sitting folks.

Mono

and a wonderful non-answer

Detailed analysis: Shadow posted a picture of delicious looking brownies yesterday that started the down
up
ward-spiral of SteamGAF wanting nothing but sweets, and we're still hungry from the aftershock!

I need to make some cake or something, mm!

JaseC

That doesn't sound healthy.

How offtopic can we get in SteamGAF before someone shuts us down.

There's nothing wrong with the thread going off on tangents every now and then during quieter periods, however yesterday's dessert talk was rather overbearing.

iosefe

Deatiled analysis: Shadow posted a picture of delicious looking brownies yesterday that started the down
up
ward-spiral of SteamGAF wanting nothing but sweets, and we're still hungry from the aftershock!

I need to make some cake or something, mm!

did you just channel your inner HK-47?

and darn you Shadow! you did this to us

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There's nothing wrong with the thread going off on tangents every now and then during quieter periods, however yesterday's dessert talk was rather overbearing.

But what if it had been Saoirse talk instead?

It's gotten to the point where I actually know how to spell her name without googling it :|

JaseC

was it making you hungry JaseC?

I was hungry at the time, sure, but I was saving room for pizza. ;)

But what if it had been Saoirse talk instead?

It's gotten to the point where I actually know how to spell her name without googling it :|

Haha, I won't lie and say I wouldn't have joined in here and there, but my appraisal would be the same. Off-topic talk is all well and good but it becomes troublesome when the discussion struggles to course-correct.

Caerith

If you've used PayPal on Steam before you can add the card to your PayPal account and then add your Wallet funds without fear of penalty, although I believe some people have had trouble recently with PayPal not accepting the card

I've used PayPal on Steam, and I can add the M&M credit card to it, but I don't get the option to pay with it. When I try to pay with PayPal, it defaults immediately to my verified payment options (bank account, real credit card) and won't let me add the M&M card to that list unless I verify it, too (which is impossible).

So, I just used it on Amazon instead.

I've used PayPal on Steam, and I can add the M&M credit card to it, but I don't get the option to pay with it. When I try to pay with PayPal, it defaults immediately to my verified payment options (bank account, real credit card) and won't let me add the M&M card to that list unless I verify it, too (which is impossible).

Yeah, steam used to let me change my paypal payment method but now it only lets me use my main card which is really frustrating.

BHK3

Banned
What. It's nothing like Shank 2.
He means combat wise, at least I hope. Theres some similarities, but shank is just resorting to cheap tactics cause the game is awful. Also Shank is just an action game on a straight path, Guca is a straight metroidvania with Shanks combat system.

How is that game? I heard that it's a lot like Shank 2!
The game is actually good, my only complaint is that the writing is just...bad. I heard the memes were bad but it's only all in one town, but if I'm spotting a reference every other room then there's an issue. The platforming is fun and the combat actually isn't frustrating like in Shank. Special moves are kinda pointless aside from being forced as a mechanic later on in the game.
Did that on the Vita. Some of those platforming sections were a pain.

I'll never get what people found hard in the platforming, I didn't start to have trouble with them until I did the El inferno challenges...the flying annoying chupacabras were 100x worse than a couple close spike pits. I assume you are talking about Treetops?

JaseC

Ah, that'd be what I was thinking of, I'd say.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, steam used to let me change my paypal payment method but now it only lets me use my main card which is really frustrating.

Yeah, that happened to me, so I ended up paying another $6 of my own money the one time I actually won. I found that deleting the main card's info from Paypal solved everything though.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm such a terrible guy. I have bad short term memory to the point where I cant even remember who I have given gifts to and what I gave them.

Caerith

Yeah, I used to get prompted to put in my password, etc. Now it's just instant. "How would you like to pay?" it asks. "Paypal," I say, getting ready to enter a password. "Thank you for your purchase."

JaseC

this "work" thing is really getting in way of my divinity

Original Sin? Has Larian said anything about a day/night cycle making the cut at a later date? If memory serves it was ditched as it was going to be tied in with other gameplay systems and there wasn't enough... time, but I'd be perfectly okay with a cycle for the sake of a cycle a la Titan Quest (at least, I'm pretty certain Titan Quest has a day/night cycle).

Salsa

Original Sin? Has Larian said anything about a day/night cycle making the cut at a later date? If memory serves it was ditched as it was going to be tied in with other gameplay systems and there wasn't enough... time, but I'd be perfectly okay with a cycle for the sake of a cycle a la Titan Quest (at least, I'm pretty certain Titan Quest has a day/night cycle).

well, you do get shifting weather

Mono

The game is actually good, my only complaint is that the writing is just...bad. I heard the memes were bad but it's only all in one town, but if I'm spotting a reference every other room then there's an issue. The platforming is fun and the combat actually isn't frustrating like in Shank. Special moves are kinda pointless aside from being forced as a mechanic later on in the game.

That is a major downfall, yikes! I might have to quit if it's too much.

I missed the greatest sale of the year, 50% firesale on Naked and Famous jeans at nordstroms ;-; At least I got one pair tonight.

Too many big sales at once, next month is the Criterion sale at Barnes and Noble!

And I'm hoping to play some more Divinity tomorrow, really need to study for finals the rest of the weekend though. Three exams Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom