• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
--------------

I_want_you.jpg

To update your wishlist so I can get you something!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does Sacred collection just come with sacred 2 gold and the first sacred?

Just Sacred 2 and Sacred Citadel + DLC. The original is published by... *drum roll* Strategy First (and it's currently $2).

i assume you catgorize. what do you use? right now i'm using Singleplayer(fricken huge category), Multiplayer, and (local)co-op compatible

Nah, I don't bother with categories. I'll add a "Non-Steam" one when playing through a non-Steam game so the shortcut isn't lumped in with my actual Steam games, but that's it.

Anustart

Looks like I'm ordering my new gpu next Wednesday. Now, to get another 760 or got higher. I'm just running 1080p so the 760 may suffice.

Edit: Also want to get a controller. Sick of no comfy couch action.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wow I didnt even knew it existed. and nope.. I havent given Rhaknar anything. time to go change that.

please dont. and I dont mean that in a "wink wink reverse psychology" way, I mean seriously dont gift me anything please. I dont need anything and you dont need to constantly keep gifting shit like I told you yesterday

You have proven your beastly ways, its time to rest my friend (or turn your claws on someone else), enjoy the thread and shit.

Looks like I'm ordering my new gpu next Wednesday. Now, to get another 760 or got higher. I'm just running 1080p so the 760 may suffice.
With the way these new games are going, and depending on the kinds of framerates you like, I'd go for a 4gb 770 or something beefier. That said, I've been really happy with my 760, I just can't max everything out or reach 60fps as often as I would have liked.

Hugstable

Banned
listen to this man (wait, wtf am I saying, listen to Salsa? good lord how low can one person get)

but yeah, stop thinking it as a backlog that you HAVE to clear, the thing is called a library for a reason. Do you need to read every book in the library? :p

Pretty much, the games will always be there if I do get interested in them which is the plus of having these games. When it comes down to it, you got a lot of variety to choose from, and thanks to steam sales it doesn't devour the wallet to get a few games. That said I've created a backlog within the library... and it's still damn huge.

Anyway time to go to sleep. I'm failing at Dark Souls right now and I'm like half awake.

Shadownet

Banned
please dont. and I dont mean that in a "wink wink reverse psychology" way, I mean seriously dont gift me anything please. I dont need anything and you dont need to constantly keep gifting shit like I told you yesterday

You have proven your beastly ways, its time to rest my friend (or turn your claws on someone else), enjoy the thread and shit.

but you need one too. and then I'll take a hiatus. just a $5 game?

JaseC

Edit: Also want to get a controller. Sick of no comfy couch action.

2GB is beginning to become a bottleneck. I'd move up to a 4GB 770 and flog off the 760 to make some of that money back. I'm kicking myself for not going with 4GB 670s -- my 2GB cards have the grunt to last me a while longer but not the headroom.

Edit: Actually, if the single 760 is good enough for now you could hold off until the 870.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
With the way these new games are going, and depending on the kinds of framerates you like, I'd go for a 4gb 770 or something beefier. That said, I've been really happy with my 760, I just can't max everything out or reach 60fps as often as I would have liked.

im starting to save for a new rig and im waiting for the 800 series. my gtx580 was a beast for these 5 years, so im hoping the gtx...err....880 (lol?) will last me another 5.

Anustart

Yeah, I'm looking forward to witcher 3, I may need something beefier.

Nabs

Which part?

Actually, I disagree with all of what you quoted. The meme stuff is only in the hub village, it really is not in "every other room." And the special moves certainly aren't pointless; it uses a rich combat system that gives you options for each possible situation. That's why the game "forces" them on you, to teach you when and where to use them. You're supposed to embrace that knowledge and enrich your combat with them, using them in every applicable situation going forward, not be annoyed that you were "forced to use them." I loved and used the crap out of the entire moveset. It's wonderful when you get to the point where you're chaining moves and tossing enemies around like rag dolls.

Some of the most fun I've had with a 2D beat 'em up.

Rhaknar

but you need one too. and then I'll take a hiatus. just a $5 game?

dont make me start calling you Shadownet, thats when you know youre on my shit list, when I call you by your actual name o_O

right MarcoZombieCannon?

pahamrick

im starting to save for a new rig and im waiting for the 800 series. my gtx580 was a beast for these 5 years, so im hoping the gtx...err....880 (lol?) will last me another 5.
I'm still rocking crossfired 5870s. They've been going good the past 5+ Years. The 1gb Vram tho is really hurting.

Shadownet

Banned
dont make me start calling you Shadownet, thats when you know youre on my shit list, when I call you by your actual name o_O

right MarcoZombieCannon?

how about this. If I dont give you a gift right now. BUT wait till Winter Sale. will you let me get you something then? it's a deal?

I've met quite a few of the business development folks at Valve, and they all love Enhanced Steam. When I spoke with them about things like the price history feature, their response was pretty much:
So, they "get it", and I really appreciate that and the time they've taken out of their busy days providing me answers like that one.
And don't worry about the future of Enhanced Steam. Even if I were to get a job with Valve, they wouldn't have any control over any of Enhanced Steam's features. The application is open source, so even if I were no longer in charge of building new features or maintaining the existing ones, there are people I know and trust that would take over that role.
More likely than not, the reason I haven't been hired by Valve to work on the Steam engineering team is that I've inevitably pissed someone off (or several people) along the way by introducing a new feature they didn't like or allowing a user to do something they're not supposed to be able to. In that regard, from a business perspective, it's their job as engineers to distribute and withhold just the right amount of information to a customers, and Enhanced Steam gives the customer the advantage in that situation.
Very positively surprised by the attitude Valve has here. Maybe I am just used to being exploited by businesses so often, I became a little too pessimistic.
Rooting for you to get a foothold in Valve.

Mono

The Steam app on my computer just imploded on itself for some reason, and now it won't open again WELP.
Maybe it was mad I was playing Guild Wars 2?

Wake up, Steam!

The Steam app on my computer just imploded on itself for some reason, and now it won't open again WELP.
Maybe it was mad I was playing Guild Wars 2?

Wake up, Steam!
Open the task manager and go into processes (background processes on W8). If you see steam somewhere there kill it and try starting it again.

This is what I'm doing. I should have waited to build my rig, honestly. But I knew that something better would come along sooner rather than later, so I shot a little low. I think getting at least a full year of use out of this 760 isn't so bad. I hope the 880 will last me a good long while. Besides, I need a new monitor first.

right MarcoZombieCannon?
Right, Senpai.

JaseC

Lol, I've entered the giveaway by Grief, for Dirty Bomb because I thought was a "hidden" game, now I won, but the key is not a team key, and it seems that the game is a beta, so...where is the place to insert the key?

http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/Instruction

How much you think will it cost?

Probably the same as the 770 at launch, perhaps a tad higher. I intend to sell off my EVGA 670 and keep my generic one for PhysX purposes -- the only issue is that it'll have to go in a 4x slot and I'm worried this may cripple performance.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Why's the "Cannon" even there? Does it mean anything? No one (other than Rhaknar-sama) ever uses it when they refer to you, Marco, so what's the point?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I we were a potlatch society, who would be our big man?

I.E do we have a record of the big spending sugar daddys?

Milamber

How much you think will it cost?
Should be the same as a 770 with an extra $50 tacked on.

I used the OR1 before for like 2 hours and was blown away by the possiblities just shown by the techdemos.
Cant wait for some asian OR game besides waifu-simulators.
OR's are made for waifu simulators.

I don't think Rhaknar like me :( he refuses my gift. I just wanted to show him my love.
Spray some of that love in my direction then.

Rhaknar

This is what I'm doing. I should have waited to build my rig, honestly. But I knew that something better would come along dooner rather than later, so I shot a little low. I think getting at least a full year of use out of this 760 isn't so bad. I hope the 880 will last me a good long while.

Right, Senpai.

im fucking with you since I call you Marco (or in my head, Marco The Machine Gun Zombie, because I dont like cannons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom