• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought at the beginning Steam World Dig is cool, but it got repetetive quite fast...

shut your piehole chuck, you must dig more. And then go back up and sell shit and go back to digging. DIG!

I loved that game but Im not even sure why :(

SteamGAF rejoice with me... The wife is out of town from tonight for the whole weekend. It's backlog (library) time!

Finally will get around to finishing Alan Wake plus going to power through 2 Lego games. I have a very small backlog but I could be clearing it by Monday, woohoo!

shut your piehole chuck, you must dig more. And then go back up and sell shit and go back to digging. DIG!

I loved that game but Im not even sure why :(

I finished the game too.

But I thought after like 2/3rd of the game doing the same thing over and over again it became kinda stale.

Mono

SteamGAF rejoice with me... The wife is out of town from tonight for the whole weekend. It's backlog (library) time!

Finally will get around to finishing Alan Wake plus going to power through 2 Lego games. I have a very small backlog but I could be clearing it by Monday, woohoo!

Yeah, kill that backlog! \o/

How's Alan Wake so far? It looks great but I've never played any of them.

Oublieux

I've actually tried to make friends on NeoGAF but the majority are in the United States or Europe; the time difference from being in Korea makes it difficult to game together/get to know each other.

... But I keep buying co-op games in hopes I will eventually be able to play it with some people. Sob.

Levyne

Banned

One more work day....one more...

Ventara

Yakkue linked to a list that Stump posted about the biggest givers last night. It's outdated since it was posted in May, but it's something.

Code:
JaseC			1338
xelios			522
The_Super_Inframan	407
jshackles		388
Rhaknar			382
Lain			338
Dusk Golem		272
corrosivefrost		267
burgomeister		239
chugen			191
Dog Problems		186
Hinomura		184
SephirothRK		171
DocSeuss		150
Arthea			146
crazyrabbits		139
Shade			135
NingenJanai		128
n8			128
Benedict		115
MulderWasTaken		113
Dimitri2401		112
Camel Master		111
toddhunter		110
Stumpokapow		106
Deques			101
random			100

WOW! Over 1000 games given?! And this is just through Modbot, right? That's insane!

is there a way to check if a key has been used or not yet? I gave a game away the other day and the person still hasn't redeemed it but I don't want to call them out on it if they just haven't redeemed it yet!

I've actually tried to make friends on NeoGAF but the majority are in the United States or Europe; the time difference from being in Korea makes it difficult to game together/get to know each other.

... But I keep buying co-op games in hopes I will eventually be able to play it with some people. Sob.
I actually know a guy serving in Korea that lurks GAF on occasion. I think he can't join because he doesn't have an e-mail that will work? I dunno.

Mono

OMG, Steam! Why do you taunt me like this?!

O5mM3Ni.png

The generosity of SteamGAF amazes me and perplexes me at the same time. You gifters are truly wonderful people. I wish I could give you hugs but this will have to do.

hugging-puppy-300x275.jpg

Oublieux

Marco. I dont get that part.

But I think I love every single post you made on here so far :) i enjoy reading it.

He's making a reference to Terminator (the films) and how Skynet was a sentient AI that eventually reigned over mankind.

... You're not a sentient AI, are you?

Also I wish Steam had a way to do anonymous gifting. Sometimes I want to gift something and not have the other person even think about trying to gift me back anything!

I am in China so just 1 or 2 hours time difference right now :D

BadRamen

Same here, except I live in the USA but work nights so when I am raring to play something, most USAers have been sleeping for hours! Rather depressing at times.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, what about our drunken friend and the ice cold dude with a heart of gold?

Xelios and JaseC achieved their status via bundle extras. Subs, Dark, Rhaknar, etc tend to buy individual high value games or specific games.

Yakkue linked to a list that Stump posted about the biggest givers last night. It's outdated since it was posted in May, but it's something.

Thanks for this!

True Witcher fans know Triss is just a stand in before the glorious Yennefer returns.

Yeah, but the current design they've shown off looks like those generic models that used to be used to advertise 3D modeling software.

Ventara

Also I wish Steam had a way to do anonymous gifting. Sometimes I want to gift something and not have the other person even think about trying to gift me back anything!

First-world problems, lol.

Seriously, are you all competing to see who can give away the most or something? Just astounds me how generous some of you are.

Maybe figure out a way for modbot to PM a key or something like that anonymously?

That would help for GAF but not some real life friends I would like to do it with haha.

First-world problems, lol.

Seriously, are you all competing to see who can give away the most or something? Just astounds me how generous some of you are.

Everytime I have gifted anything I never expect anything in return. It is obviously nice when you do but I sometimes want to gift something nice and not make the other person feel guilty for it.

tylerf

I feel bad that I never finished the Witcher 2. My attention span for big single player games seems to just hit a cutoff point every time where I totally lose interest even if I liked the game.

Speevy

Banned
I couldn't find anyone with it on their wish list, so I'm giving a free copy of Sacred 2 Gold to the first person to reply to this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom