• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how to easily create webms using that script in the post Anteater linked to awhile back (at least I think it was Anteater), but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to turn my mp4s or webms into gifs.

I wanted to make one out of some The Wolf Among Us footage, but no dice..

milena87

Looks like the first Sacred game is also a part of the daily deal. How is the game?

I played it years ago, but I remember really liking it. The story didn't impress me, but it's not what I'm looking for in a hack & slash game.
I think that if you like the genre you will like this game.

You know you have too many games when you forget you have a game.
I ONLY buy a game if I know I will gave time to play it... And given Trials and FIFA take most my gaming time right now that's not a lot for other games... Sometimes it's hard being so damned strict on myself!

Deques

I know how to easily create webms using that script in the post Anteater linked to awhile back (at least I think it was Anteater), but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to turn my mp4s or webms into gifs.

why do want to turn webms into gifs?

And can you post the link to the script that creates webm?

Toki767

Just use gifcam

Speevy

Banned
WELL THAT MEANS YOU DELETED ME, CAUSE I REMEMBER YOU TOO =(

Forrest+7+Mall+Hug.jpg

Copons

If you have access to an Adobe suite:

With Photoshop:
File > Import > Video as frames (or something like that)
It creates a timeline with all the frames of your video, and then you can save for web it like an animated gif.
It's pretty annoying if you have to do some frame per frame edit, but if you have to just crop or resize the entire gif it's perfect.

With Premeire:
File > Export > Media
Pick "Animated GIF" and whatever setting you need. Done.

Copons

Brofist for knowing what's up and having Euro Truck 2 as a featured game. :D

HEEHHHEHEHEHE

You must be new here! Something like 30 Steam threads ago I did a sort of diary of my ETS2 adventures.
I could find them for you, or maybe not because sooner or later I'm gonna publish them and the Dark Souls ones too, finally getting rich as hell, so I can gift Marlow Briggs to the entire SteamGAF community!

Shadownet

Banned
The reason I dont have any games on my wishlist is because unlike most of you guys. I only joined Steam recently and I have no idea what games are going to be good. So I dont know what I want or not.

Witcher 3 was my most anticipated game and Ventara was gracious enough to give it to me. So now I dont even know if I have anything left to look forward to.

Plus as I told another gaf. I grew up poor in another country, so I don't get birthday gifts and what not. So i'm very much used to it. I actually feel bad if I do get anything since I'm not sure what I've done to deserve it.

But I love making people happy, so giving gifts to people on Steam whom I think are amazing people that I met here on NeoGAF is all the gifts I need. Seriously. Coming home everyday and staying till 3am talking to you guys. is the high point of my day.

Group_hug!.gif

So thank you for keeping me company and everything :) You guys are the best people I've ever talked to.

I sucked so bad at Shovel Knight that I played some Wolfenstein on easy to make me feel better. God that game is crazy in all the right ways. I just love that opening mission and a half so much!

The reason I dont have any games on my wishlist is because unlike most of you guys. I only joined Steam recently and I have no idea what games are going to be good. So I dont know what I want or not.

Witcher 3 was my most anticipated game and Ventara was gracious enough to give it to me. So now I dont even know if I have anything left to look forward to.

Group_hug!.gif

So thank you for keeping me company and everything :) You guys are the best people I've ever talked to.

Just read the thread and you can see what games people like and what are popular.

Last summer a lot of people enjoyed Rogue Legacy. Wolfenstein also seems quite popular now here.
I found some nice little gems through here, especially indie-games.

Shovel Knight is fun if you liked Megaman in the past.

Plus as I told another gaf. I grew up poor in another country, so I don't get birthday gifts and what not. So i'm very much used to it. I actually feel bad if I do get anything since I'm not sure what I've done to deserve it.

But I love making people happy, so giving gifts to people on Steam whom I think are amazing people that I met here on NeoGAF is all the gifts I need. Seriously. Coming home everyday and staying till 3am talking to you guys. is the high point of my day.

Group_hug!.gif

Dude you and nbnt are awesome! I'll have to repay you one day as I did with nbnt. Luckily nbnt had a birthday on my payday haha!

Sajjaja

Dark Souls is always a good choice.

darksoulspvpudqqhjrjf8.gif

Shadownet

Banned
Dude you and nbnt are awesome! I'll have to repay you one day as I did with nbnt. Luckily nbnt had a birthday on my payday haha!

did I give you anything yet? I dont think I have. but I must... soon.

did you help him rob a bank?

*thank you I'll be here all night with my stupid jokes*

Oh god xD It's 1 am and I'm trying so hard not to laugh.

I thought it was real when I first saw it. and I was happy XD hahaha

Dark Souls is always a good choice.

darksoulspvpudqqhjrjf8.gif

I told myself I would never play Dark Souls. Because games like that are just torturing your soul. :(

Jadax

no sadly. you guys must continue to accept our gifts. heck for all you know. I could be JaseC alternative account.

I think Shadownet is having a meltdown. Tomorrow in the newspapers:

"Gaffer found straddling giant japanese love pillow. Disoriented. In debt. Blames steamGAF. Police is now on the lookout for all steamGAF regulars."

Ventara

I had no idea. Don't think about whether you deserve something, because the people who gifted you were the ones who decided that, and they thought you deserved it. So just keep being you. Now I feel like gifting you something.
Magical Pony or Bad Rats?

A giveaway for the night shift (or morning, or afternoon). Some of the keys are from previous unclaimed giveaways. Also, Oknytt & Soulbringer are probably used already, so no guarantees there.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 35 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Adventure Park -- MB-63E5E366DD846318 - Taken by Casimir. 4 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype -- MB-6DFAE3FD964121D5 - Taken by swx
Brazen Prototype #2 -- MB-55D127DE81647044 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 Tides of Fate -- MB-D169419EAAB7E17D - Taken by Henry Swanson
CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-029BD757D088523E - Taken by bluechox2
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-DC67B2BB9FAC8A2D - Taken by wagamer. 5 entrants total.
Dracula: Love Kills -- MB-F762ECAEB02D2C08 - Taken by Lomax. 3 entrants total.
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-A68B5771FCAB0CD0 - Taken by KainXVIII. 5 entrants total.
Evopollution -- MB-F92C033248BC4B96 - Taken by Dambrosi. 2 entrants total.
Evopollution #2 -- MB-01651696E8938A5C - Taken by Vlad
FEZ -- MB-1E61A3AC7144BB52 - Taken by Jadax. 5 entrants total.
Fortix 2 -- MB-9F2BCDBD5335E66A - Taken by trailmix16
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-AF714859CA53931A - Taken by PossumMeat. 3 entrants total.
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-CEFA3677549320DE - Taken by Robert J. Sullivan. 2 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-1FD5DF970EBD1DC6 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Gun Monkeys -- MB-51243CB7E3E73AAC - Taken by billmcdougal. 2 entrants total.
Huntsman: The Orphanage -- MB-6954263C3A0F6BB4 - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 3 entrants total.
Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars -- MB-EEB4233FC7C09BCC - Taken by Myshkin. 4 entrants total.
Little Farm -- MB-498CA3F4E790966A - Taken by Ventara
Nightsky -- MB-0B054A654E0D5256 - Taken by bluechox2
Nightsky #2 -- MB-A69A4E4E06A46049 - Taken by Soule. 3 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-DD9BDAD79F8E00E4 - Taken by zeroOman
Oknytt -- MB-4C8BB64710ABA900 - Taken by Yrael. 5 entrants total.
Pathogen Wars -- MB-44533D2D05A819A5
QuestRun -- MB-67DF0064DEA55CE5 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 3 entrants total.
Radical Roach -- MB-BF8EEB392F0565C0 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-8D5E6E1238319A99 - Taken by yoshizzle
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny -- MB-3835DA465AFC75F8 - Taken by liezryou. 3 entrants total.
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter -- MB-ED1702BE08A23E1A - Taken by Fuu. 12 entrants total.
Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet -- MB-B211CAC7D977DAA3 - Taken by yGray. 5 entrants total.
Soulbringer -- MB-6AE5033F99E8B3FF - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia. 5 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-7F4D9CCE2C13AEE3 - Taken by bluechox2
Ultratron -- MB-F5609F2CA018E5DB - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 6 entrants total.
Zombie Driver HD Soundtrack -- MB-FC2F17277F359545 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Zooloretto -- MB-0D04077AA7B7DF7B - Taken by Gunstarheroes

t1404382547z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom