• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I couldn't find anyone with it on their wish list, so I'm giving a free copy of Sacred 2 Gold to the first person to reply to this post.

I've wanted to play that for a while but the PS3 version sucks. Me please?

EDIT: Aw. That's what I get for trying to actually say something. Enjoy, Ventara!

Shadownet

Banned
First-world problems, lol.

Seriously, are you all competing to see who can give away the most or something? Just astounds me how generous some of you are.

you're getting Witcher 3 too. I dont care what you say.
okay maybe a different game. Dragon Age Inquisition

Sajjaja

i know. but now you guys know my favorite trilogy of all time :D

Oh i do. i've seen the GIF. it's epic as hell.

But the GIF doesn't tell you the story of Modbot's journey from emotionless Terminator to the the maniacal cynic he is now as he taunts and teases us all with the games you all share with us.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just realised when Robo said "and our drunken friend" he meant me

I dont even drink, fuck this thread im out

going home from work

Also I demand a recount, I cant have Jshack above me in that list, its bad enough he actually does cool things with his life, I need to have at least this over him damn it!

Jadax

I feel bad that I never finished the Witcher 2. My attention span for big single player games seems to just hit a cutoff point every time where I totally lose interest even if I liked the game.

Dude I didn't enjoy the combat system in 1, I didn't enjoy the laptop melting in 2..so whatever. Sometimes you gotta let games go.

In a way I'm glad - means I spent less time on games and more on trying to pass my university courses lols.

Ezalc

That would help for GAF but not some real life friends I would like to do it with haha.

Hmmm I'm seriously trying to come up with a solution that doesn't involve you using your friend's computer while they're not looking and paying for something they want with your credit card, for example, but I'm coming up blank. Maybe get somebody they don't know that you trust to gift it to them but then again that wouldn't do much either.

Time to ask Jshackles if it'd be a possible addition to Enhanced Steam.

Sajjaja

I just realised when Robo said "and our drunken friend" he meant me

I dont even drink, fuck this thread im out

going home from work

Also I demand a recount, I cant have Jshack above me in that list, its bad enough he actually does cool things with his life, I need to have at least this over him damn it!

Pfft, he gives in perpetuity with Enhanced Steam. I'm sorry but that's just how it is.

Garcia

Risk of Rain is absurdly fun. I was finally able to finish the game but now I'm aiming to go for 100% completion.

I feel bad that I never finished the Witcher 2. My attention span for big single player games seems to just hit a cutoff point every time where I totally lose interest even if I liked the game.
Whack the combat to easy and play for the story. Totes worth it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh wait, Sacred 2 doesn't have controller support. Eh, no big loss then. Nice to see 3 has it, though. Also, wait they're making a third one? I had no idea. :lol

All this Witcher 3 talk...
Just watched the Angry Joe interview this morning while going to work and cant wait to play it.
Wont hit Steam till January though, right?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh hey, thanks Speevy! I will play and enjoy this regardless of the whole no controller support thing! :D

EDIT: Holy fuck 20GB?! Well...thanks, Speevy, but it looks like I might not be playing this any time soon. :lol Having some space issues at the moment. Holy fuck why is it so huge.

Lain

im really interested in what this thing even is, so post moar

After a couple hours spent playing it I'm not sure what kind of game this is. Story driven adventure about choices?
I'm liking the aspect of finding out how I went from a promising future at the hero choice to being down in the dumps at the real start of the game, all the while doing odd jobs to get enough money to leave town or pay the rent for my apartment, in between deciding if I want to buy poisonous drugs for some people to pocket the money difference or just get them the good stuff, or getting a friend back into heroin because it's the easy way out or stand firm and talk them out of it.
Feels like morality is important but more because of how it makes you feel and the consequences that some choice could bring out, like letting someone bribe you for a good review.

It's an interesting game so far, I'm just sad that I can't take pics the F12 fashioned way.

no sadly. you guys must continue to accept our gifts. heck for all you know. I could be JaseC alternative account.

Have you ever entered a raffle?...
Think carefully, the answer will confirm or debunk this idea either way.

And whlie there is no support group, there are definitely incidents that can affect one's willingness to give, I'm sorry to say.
--

Has GMG had a voucher that works with credit lately?

Yeah, kill that backlog! o/

How's Alan Wake so far? It looks great but I've never played any of them.

So far I am loving it and it is scaring the loving crap out of me.

Get it and play it with the lights off and the sound up.

Games should not be this scary!

I've never even heard of that, but I just looked it up.

5hf7cIk.jpg

What is it? o_o It looks like plastic.

Lewis Black sums it up rather succinctly.

Ventara

Oh hey, thanks Speevy! I will play and enjoy this regardless of the whole no controller support thing! :D

EDIT: Holy fuck 20GB?! Well...thanks, Speevy, but it looks like I might not be playing this any time soon. :lol Having some space issues at the moment. Holy fuck why is it so huge.

Now I remember why I haven't installed it yet. 300GB cap here.

I think Sometimes Always Monsters has some really interesting choices that aren't always obvious and I was really loving it until about halfway through where the poor writing really became noticeable. Often very black and white in terms of presenting morality and politics which contrasts again the decisionmaking, and far too many out of place game references that take you out of it completely. Still, there are some great moments in the game so I just wish the writing had been more consistent.

Copons

Here.
I spent the entire night hating derExperte for his ultra sick Flappy Goat scores, and this hatred made me do this to bother and frustrate everybody else, even those who never played Goat Simulator of even Flappy Birds.

CTIjssW.gif

This, and much more in the prettiest Steam profile of all time (PSPOAT, not related to Sony).

Also holy crap that gif made me exceedingly nervous, I hope I won't get any work related calls, because I won't be able restrain myself.

Speevy

Banned
Lol I had no idea Sacred 2 was that big. Yeah I wouldn't blame you for not installing that right away, especially if you have a bandwidth cap.

I'm so lucky to have gotten around that with my cable company (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom