• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

I told myself I would never play Dark Souls. Because games like that are just torturing your soul. :(

Dark Souls is honestly not that hard. People are just too used to going in like Rambo.

ibj19HvXTKsXV7.gif

Shadownet

Banned
I think Shadownet is having a meltdown. Tomorrow in the newspapers:

"Gaffer found
straddling giant japanese love pillow
. Disoriented. In debt. Blames steamGAF. Police is now on the lookout for all steamGAF regulars."

HAHAHAHAHA OH GOD. I'mDying.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm about to go to bed (I have work in 7 hours ;___;), but I'll guess I'll join in on the friending thing. I've posted it in the sales threads before but since I'm actually using my gaming laptop now I'll be around more, haha.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/monsterfracas/

Oh and I just grabbed a couple copies of Guacamelee! for friends but one of them said they had a Humble Bundle copy to redeem. Someone here probably doesn't have it. Enjoy :D Awesome game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-71336ABA48078EC5 - Taken by xninjav

Oublieux

I grew up poor in another country, so I don't get birthday gifts and what not. So i'm very much used to it. I actually feel bad if I do get anything since I'm not sure what I've done to deserve it.

Shadownet, you are too humble. I didn't grow up destitute or anything, but I generally don't specifically ask for birthday gifts either. Doubly so to my parents as I feel it's my turn to help them financially. But, a birthday is a pretty important occasion; hopefully, birthday gifts become a normal thing for you. It's a really special feeling having received something from good friends without having asked for it. It shows they care :)

Arthea

g'morning

Judging from what people play, you need only 5 games on steam:
DOTA, CS, TF(2), Civ5 and one of DS games.
I'm kidding, of course

but you do need Civ5
also, it seems, nobody on my fl played Mensa Academy. That's so strange.

edited: what night shift? It's a day shift

did I give you anything yet? I dont think I have. but I must... soon.

did you help him rob a bank?

*thank you I'll be here all night with my stupid jokes*

Nope but I honestly don't want anything either. Between nbnt and PossumMeat plus me in the sale I have nothing left I really want! Thanks for the offer though dude but give it to someone who needs it more than me :)

I got a PM from someone after that won the Dark Souls PM and they were so happy with it I couldn't believe it! I'm happy I made others happy considering I never play the stupid games I buy! When Rust gets relaunched I will be stuck playing that again all day and night :lol

Edit - I also see you have payday! Maybe we should play it sometime when I get my internet back!

Found some stuff to give away. Have at it bros

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-95496C48714AFE5A - Taken by City 17. 2 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-D7A7AE81109058B3 - Taken by Jmanunknown. 2 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-C5BA89B00CE166A4 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-74D7D40E1C8EEF23 - Taken by Ventara. 2 entrants total.

t1404372722z1.png

Soule

g'morning

Judging from what people play, you need only 5 games on steam:
DOTA, CS, TF(2), Civ5 and one of DS games.
I'm kidding, of course

but you do need Civ5
also, it seems, nobody on my fl played Mensa Academy. That's so strange.

edited: what night shift? It's a day shift

Heh if I was forced to only be able to play those 5 games for the rest of my life it wouldn't be that bad I guess. Spent the majority of my gaming time since 2007 playing the 3 Valve games alone.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadownet, you are too humble. I didn't grow up destitute or anything, but I generally don't specifically ask for birthday gifts either. Doubly so to my parents as I feel it's my turn to help them financially. But, a birthday is a pretty important occasion; hopefully, birthday gifts become a normal thing for you. It's a really special feeling having received something from good friends without having asked for it. It shows they care :)

I'll keep that in mind :) thanks. I wish I could come meet all of you guys for my birthday coming up. That would make me happy.

I'm going to Ohio, so if anyone live near there. I love to see you :D

I'm going to have to rectify this. :) What types of games do you like?
^^ Shadownet, we told you to fill out your list for a reason. ;) No need to go nuts like Rhaknar and I do (well you can if you want, if only to know when they go on sale), but just check out what games we talk about in here, and what ones you see people in your friends list play and go from there.

Arthea

Heh if I was forced to only be able to play those 5 games for the rest of my life it wouldn't be that bad I guess. Spent the majority of my gaming time since 2007 playing the 3 Valve games alone.

I could stick with one even, if that was Civ5, totally can't stop playing if I start, until I fall down out of exhaustion
only slightly exaggerated

Lain

The reason I dont have any games on my wishlist is because unlike most of you guys. I only joined Steam recently and I have no idea what games are going to be good. So I dont know what I want or not.

Witcher 3 was my most anticipated game and Ventara was gracious enough to give it to me. So now I dont even know if I have anything left to look forward to.

Plus as I told another gaf. I grew up poor in another country, so I don't get birthday gifts and what not. So i'm very much used to it. I actually feel bad if I do get anything since I'm not sure what I've done to deserve it.

But I love making people happy, so giving gifts to people on Steam whom I think are amazing people that I met here on NeoGAF is all the gifts I need. Seriously. Coming home everyday and staying till 3am talking to you guys. is the high point of my day.

Group_hug!.gif

So thank you for keeping me company and everything :) You guys are the best people I've ever talked to.

I remember when I joined Steam... 2 years ago? (that's what my badge says) I wondered what I needed a wishlist for. After all, I knew what games I wanted and I didn't have any RL friends on it that might have bought me gifts. Nowadays my wishlist is always going up instead of going down, be it a +1 from bundles or an interesting, weird indie game and I blame it all on this thread.

wilflare

The reason I dont have any games on my wishlist is because unlike most of you guys. I only joined Steam recently and I have no idea what games are going to be good. So I dont know what I want or not.

Witcher 3 was my most anticipated game and Ventara was gracious enough to give it to me. So now I dont even know if I have anything left to look forward to.

Plus as I told another gaf. I grew up poor in another country, so I don't get birthday gifts and what not. So i'm very much used to it. I actually feel bad if I do get anything since I'm not sure what I've done to deserve it.

But I love making people happy, so giving gifts to people on Steam whom I think are amazing people that I met here on NeoGAF is all the gifts I need. Seriously. Coming home everyday and staying till 3am talking to you guys. is the high point of my day.

Group_hug!.gif

So thank you for keeping me company and everything :) You guys are the best people I've ever talked to.

join us at VitaGAF too :D it's fun!

is there some gfx mod for Bioshock Infinite? like downsampling etc?
I still see Aliasing T_T

hmm and did anyone choose to play this with a controller instead of KB/M?

Ventara

Alright since i offered this to shadownetX, i will be extending this offer to all my fellow GAFfers ONLY. That is; I will sell you witcher 3 at no profit to myself - 9 keys each.

For everyone else still 10 keys ^_^. If you want it, just message me or add me: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/xxgozitaxx/ .

How much are 9 keys worth? Can I just pay you via Paypal? Also, are you willing to trade any other games?

Edit: When you say GAFfers, what do you mean? Like all of us here? Or something else?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alright since i offered this to shadownetX, i will be extending this offer to all my fellow GAFfers ONLY. That is; I will sell you witcher 3 at no profit to myself - 9 keys each.

For everyone else still 10 keys ^_^. If you want it, just message me or add me: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/xxgozitaxx/ .

so im not special, is that how it is Russian Bear? im done with you, I only hang out with Polish Bears now

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
If anybody needs some keys let me know. Not trying to make a profit or anything, I just bought a lot for the summer sale and now I have around 100, which is a bit too much. Can sell some to gaffers who don't want to deal with rude russians

I'm electing to not buy The Witcher 3 until closer to release so I don't fawn over the icon in my library until then.
liez's deal is making that tough as hell

Shadownet

Banned
I'm going to have to rectify this. :) What types of games do you like?

I like games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Tales games, L.A. Noire, Sleeping Dogs, Metal Gear Solid, Borderlands, Tomb Raider and Uncharted :) and of course Destiny <3

doesnt mean I want anything though. SERIOUSLY.

Toki767

I would just rather paypal someone $20 for The Witcher 3 than go through the trouble of buying keys.

I like games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Tales games, L.A. Noire, Sleeping Dogs, Metal Gear Solid, Borderlands, Tomb Raider and Uncharted :) and of course Destiny <3

Have any interest in Shadow of Mordor since you're a huge LOTR fan?

_hekk05

Banned
Man 9 keys is like only 20 usd.

Anyway I hope paradise lost is still coming out this year. That's my most anticipated game this year.

We have similar taste. :D I can work with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom