• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
om-cruise-war-of-the-worlds-sad.gif
/QUOTE]

I never seen Kruise Missile so sad. <3 it pained me.

Man 9 keys is like only 20 usd.

Anyway I hope paradise lost is still coming out this year. That's my most anticipated game this year.

I know a dealer where he sell 1 key for $2. so 10 for $20 :)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
There are a lot of Witcher 3 copies for 9 keys in dispenser bots.

I almost exclusively use dispenser for buying cheap games, because most traders have no manners

liezryou

You aren't Russian. :p

I am a Russian bear.

so im not special, is that how it is Russian Bear? im done with you, I only hang out with Polish Bears now

Woah woah woah. Hold your horses now.

How much are 9 keys worth? Can I just pay you via Paypal? Also, are you willing to trade any other games?

Edit: When you say GAFfers, what do you mean? Like all of us here? Or something else?

All gaffers, right now on the market 9 keys are ~22.4$

Chariot

I almost exclusively use dispenser for buying cheap games, because most traders have no manners
Are they insulting you while trading? I may have had luck with the few traders I communicated with, but they were decent people.

liezryou

Yeah i know that's how much i buy em for, and that's why i said i would sell em to gaf only for no profit (for those that won't to deal with the shady people).

Deques

I wish that I didn't buy Witcher 3 when it was available for pre-purchase. I could have saved four keys >.<

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i buy all my keys from the market, like an idiot

dont even care, la la la

Oh man, that almost sounds too good to pass up on W3 for 9 keys, gotta decide if want to spend my orens (M&Mbux) on that or Divinity... decisions, decisions.

Sub Zero

What's a dispenser bot? I don't do any Steam trading.

Dispenser.tf is an automated trading site. You search for the game you want, login with your steam id, pick the game and a payment method (usually different types of keys) and then a bot sends you a trade offer on Steam. Fast, easy and hassle free

Are you offering to get us copies for $20 then? :p

Yep, I can help you with that

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gaf just suddenly realised "wait a minute...so THATS how those guys are giving away all those new games, they arent rich kings from exotic lands at all!"

i buy all my keys from the market, like an idiot

dont even care, la la la

I also have to do it. We german dont have a gift option and all russian traders I wanted to buy keys from said "fuck off" when I told them I can just pay the PP fees since I cant use the gift option..

aku:jiki

Here goes nothing. I always said I wanted my first giveaway to be huge but I've opted to try for a quality selection instead. These are all games I think are pretty awesome and that deserve a place in anyone's library.

ModBot said:
Instructions for aku:jiki:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ultionus A Tale of Petty Revenge -- MB-6ACB3CC37866EB6F - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 6 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-095B30B44C94073A - Taken by Seaklng. 7 entrants total.
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-4B3C62B39E2049A5 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 8 entrants total.
Sine Mora -- MB-674858310E1AA0FF - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Sword of the Stars The Pit -- MB-E90A43197540D280 - Taken by Ozium. 2 entrants total.
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-E9EF6B487D53BEE0
Retro/Grade -- MB-925047331C34E2A9 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.

t1404384714z1.png

Rhaknar

So do I. It's hard to build a rep on those key selling sites, and you never know if someone is ripping you off.

well you do if you deal with Sub Zero

he asks for sexual favors for keys. true story

Toki767

Dispenser.tf is an automated trading site. You search for the game you want, login with your steam id, pick the game and a payment method (usually different types of keys) and then a bot sends you a trade offer on Steam. Fast, easy and hassle free

Yep, I can help you with that

Tempting, but I feel like if I bought it now, I'd just end up giving it away lol

Pachimari

The reason I don't play games is because I find most of them boring. :( I just don't enjoy them as much as I once did. Buying games, though? That's a ton of fun.
I feel the same way.

Rarely is there a game that will have my attention for more than a few hours.

I also for curious, is Wasteland 2 like Divinity: Original Sin?

AngerdX

You mean PayPal? You can recieve gift payments, but can't send them.

Yeah thanks that do kinda suck. :(

Edit: Well i just checked my PP and i don´t see a gift option either, just a friends and family but that takes a fee too, but the price difrences is still so worth it so i´ll just eat the fee heh

Sub Zero

Are they insulting you while trading? I may have had luck with the few traders I communicated with, but they were decent people.

A few of them are, especially during the summer sale where I added a lot of them because my main two trading guys were always offline when the new dailies were up...

I gave away 2 copies of Valiant Hearts here when the price error was still on and the guy I bought them from rudely insisted on 1:1 even though his offer on outpost said 2:1. I knew that the price error would be fixed any minute so I agreed on his highballing price, then told him to shove the 2 keys I gave him up his ass and deleted him :p

Pachimari

Should've stocked a lot of TF2 keys when they were cheap during the summer sale... market prices have gone up 10-13% in just a few days. Now I have only one 0.5 ticket left :(
I learned this as well. I didn't know prices would go up, so it was stupid of me to way till now to buy 60-100 keys.

Mono

Thanks!! The Steam key market seems scary; I feel like I'd be doing something wrong and someone would take advantage of my cluelessness on how it works!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Here goes nothing. I always said I wanted my first giveaway to be huge but I've opted to try for a quality selection instead. These are all games I think are pretty awesome and that deserve a place in anyone's library.

Oh, nice! I entered for Ultionus. Really like the look of it, but I was too stupid to buy any of the bundles it was in. :(

Yeah thanks that do kinda suck. :(

Fees vary accross countries, but for sending to the US in USD, I have a formula that calculates the fees.

send = (recieve + 0.3) / 0.961

Unless something changed recently, paypal takes 3.9% + a fixed $0.30, so to send someone $20, you'd have to enter $21.13. It's really not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom