• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I need to coop to Zkylon (he actually did mistake in his name on steamgaf ID list (><) in Original Sin
as all I'm doing is summoning giant spiders and imagining his reaction, fun times (><)

Speaking of the Steam market, does anyone else using Enhanced Steam for Firefox have their whole browser lock up for a few seconds after loading the front page of the market?

JustLynx

Good morning gaf :)
Big thanks to shadownet, what a great way to start my day!

1yH5bl7.png

<3

aku:jiki

Oh, nice! I entered for Ultionus. Really like the look of it, but I was too stupid to buy any of the bundles it was in. :(
I managed to buy it at full price right between two bundles it was in and I still haven't even played it beyond the first level, so my stupidity is your gain.

Be prepared for its relentlessness! It has pretty much constant attacks coming at you from all sides, right from the start of level 1. The game lures you in with fancy boob animations in the intro but then it crushes you.

Arthea

Speaking of the Steam market, does anyone else using Enhanced Steam for Firefox have their whole browser lock up for a few seconds after loading the front page of the market?

yes, happens every time while launching the market, I already got used to it. I think it calculates market transactions at that time!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda feel embarrassed every time I play that game, especially considering Luna's underwear status. And I couldn't find a movelist, so forget that.
THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE UNDERWEAR

That free director's cut dlc. Those assist characters.

You really don't need to find a movelist, since mashing in that game will help you figure out moves for characters. One of the few that really works with.

I can't deny any game that has an official pervert patch DLC!

(I've only played it for five minutes but it is pretty damn impressive for a one man job.)

The ost is pretty good at least. The sprite work for both the characters and background stage are really competent, but the gratuitous loli characters kinda push it over a line.

Yes mine does a bit sometimes.

yes, happens every time while launching the market, I already got used to it. I think it calculates market transactions at that time!
That makes me feel better. I was gonna add it to the list of things wrong with Cyber/Firefox that I've run into recently.

Like, for example, quoted images don't resize when clicked on 80% of the time, and the whole browser randomly crashing when saving images (yet is totally fine when you drag them to the desktop to save them that way).

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I assume the way of activating region locked RU/CIS copies is by using a VPN. Does this work with all games? I'm tempted to pick up Call of Doody AW for 15 keys but the RU copy is locked

Ozium

Shadownet is actually a valve operative cracking down on region restriction workarounds...

if you should go skating
on the thin ice of region locks
draggin' behind you the silent reproach
of a million tear-stained devs

don't be surprised when a crack in the ice
appears under your feet
you'll slip out of your game
and out of your mind
with your account flowing out behind you
as you claw through thin ice

Shadownet is actually a valve operative cracking down on region restriction workarounds...

if you should go skating
on the thin ice of region locks
draggin' behind you the silent reproach
of a million tear-stained devs

don't be surprised when a crack in the ice
appears under your feet
you'll slip out of your game
and out of your mind
with your account flowing out behind you
as you claw through thin ice
How does that work when he's giving out restricted copies and telling us exactly how to circumvent it?

I've used a VPN 3 times now to activate games early, or just at all. Not banned yet.

liezryou

Thanks!! The Steam key market seems scary; I feel like I'd be doing something wrong and someone would take advantage of my cluelessness on how it works!

Yeah...I can't even figure out how to get the search to work properly lol

Regardless of whether or not you wish to trade with me, you can always add me and ask me for advice or help or whatever you need. I am available 24/7 to help with anything steam related for GAFfers, just ask rhaknar :p. 3 years trading experience xD.

JustLynx

I assume the way of activating region locked RU/CIS copies is by using a VPN. Does this work with all games? I'm tempted to pick up Call of Doody AW for 15 keys but the RU copy is locked

you can use VPN, but imo, don't do it, it's not worth the risk

liezryou

you can use VPN, but imo, don't do it, it's not worth the risk

If you activate games via VPN, steam doesn't really give a shit. In fact i even had games i activated via VPN removed from my steam account via support and they didn't do anything.

HOWEVER, if you try to buy games via VPN? Expect a huge banhammer.

I thought that only buying stuff using a VPN was bannable.

Why u gotta beat me like that man :(

zkylon

zkylewd
I need to coop to Zkylon (he actually did mistake in his name on steamgaf ID list (><) in Original Sin
as all I'm doing is summoning giant spiders and imagining his reaction, fun times (><)
iCqd6nIfpqwIM.gif

haha really funny haha

also waddya talking about willy

what steamgaf list

Shadownet

Banned

I got 6 copies from a russian and he told me a way to redeem it. I have given 5 away and 5 people have successfully redeemed it and they're not banned. I also redeemed mine that way a week ago. I think it's safe.

Mono

Regardless of whether or not you wish to trade with me, you can always add me and ask me for advice or help or whatever you need. I am available 24/7 to help with anything steam related for GAFfers, just ask rhaknar :p. 3 years trading experience xD.

Thanks!! I'll add you, what's your Steam name?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I managed to buy it at full price right between two bundles it was in and I still haven't even played it beyond the first level, so my stupidity is your gain.

Be prepared for its relentlessness! It has pretty much constant attacks coming at you from all sides, right from the start of level 1. The game lures you in with fancy boob animations in the intro but then it crushes you.

Ultionus is fantastic and has a great soundtrack.

Awesome, definitely hope I win it then. Sounds great.

I have terrible luck with Modbot, though. ;_;

JustLynx

If you activate games via VPN, steam doesn't really give a shit. In fact i even had games i activated via VPN removed from my steam account via support and they didn't do anything.

HOWEVER, if you try to buy games via VPN? Expect a huge banhammer.

Why u gotta beat me like that man :(

I see... maybe I'm over paranoid :p
I'll research more about this then

Mono

The Last Remnant is pretty great if you guys like tactical RPGs. Although the screen tearing is awful! :( That just might be because I haven't played with the settings enough yet.

Guy already went super saiyan, oh my!

Pachimari

If anybody needs some keys let me know. Not trying to make a profit or anything, I just bought a lot for the summer sale and now I have around 100, which is a bit too much. Can sell some to gaffers who don't want to deal with rude russians
Sub Zero. I need a lot of keys. How much do you sell em for and can you send me a PM? Thank you. :)

Toki767

The Last Remnant is pretty great if you guys like tactical RPGs. Although the screen tearing is awful! :( That just might be because I haven't played with the settings enough yet.

Best Square Enix console game last generation.

zkylon

zkylewd
nW67ld1.png

You're stealing my original character's name, pls stop.

why do people do this to me

what have i ever done

i bet salsa's behind it

it's gotta be salsa

btw hope divinity mod tools allow you to remove spiders if they're the really bad kind

the ones they showed on the project eternity trailer are also scaring me

wasteland 2 is prolly gonna have like huge tarantulas and shit i bet

i don't regret backing these games but i hope i can actually play em

tylerf

How hard is the combat to get into? Been thinking about getting into another JRPG after finishing Dragon Quest V.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Sub Zero. I need a lot of keys. How much do you sell em for and can you send me a PM? Thank you. :)

$2 per key. I can only sell 15-20 at the moment. I'm keeping the rest for preordering some games like GTA V, Evolve, Alien and the Evil Within. If you're still interested PM me your steam id

Copons

but but but but but I JUST CANT!

(it always gives me an error when adding you... but adding other people works fine and I've not reached my friends limit)

VPN on my 1.8k games account?

tumblr_mi5q9qc8UF1rmqsnbo1_250.gif

Oh you sissy scaredy kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom