• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
$2 per key. I can only sell 15-20 at the moment. I'm keeping the rest for preordering some games like GTA V, Evolve, Alien and the Evil Within. If you're still interested PM me your steam id

youre not pre ordering any of that shit

Arthea

I have about 200 free friend slots still, being obsessive about cards, pays somewhat, maybe, perhaps
or not.

Mono

How hard is the combat to get into? Been thinking about getting into another JRPG after finishing Dragon Quest V.

I've only played a little bit of it so far, but the combat system seems a bit harder to get into in comparison to say Final Fantasy. There's definitely a lot going on, but it ends up being pretty easy to figure out because of the way the game presents it to you!

Card Boy

Banned
VPN on my 1.8k games account?

tumblr_mi5q9qc8UF1rmqsnbo1_250.gif

giphy.gif

tylerf

It takes time to learn how things work, but stick to it, it's most satisfying combat ever, probably, or close to it.

I've only played a little bit of it so far, but the combat system seems a bit harder to get into in comparison to say Final Fantasy. There's definitely a lot going on, but it ends up being pretty easy to figure out because of the way the game presents it to you!

Cool. I think I'll give it a shot. It's been sitting in my library long enough at least.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This thread has official become B/S/T v.2 Fortunately derExperte is not around

Pffff. Do you think I will not fight back?

no, I fully expect you to. and lose, like your avatar

liezryou

Alright since i offered this to shadownetX, i will be extending this offer to all my fellow GAFfers ONLY. That is; I will sell you witcher 3 at no profit to myself - 9 keys each.

For everyone else still 10 keys ^_^. If you want it, just message me or add me: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/xxgozitaxx/ .

Regardless of whether or not you wish to trade with me, you can always add me and ask me for advice or help or whatever you need. I am available 24/7 to help with anything steam related for GAFfers, just ask rhaknar :p. 3 years trading experience xD.

Err sorry my friends list was full guys... reposting both of these if you want to add me again.

Arthea

beginner tips for those playing the Last Remnant

experiment a lot, a game is bad at explaining how things work

always, and I stress it - ALWAYS give materials that your teammates ask for, even if you need those for crafting yourself, they use materials to upgrade their equipment.

Try as many generals as you can, they all are useful in their own ways.

Don't stress about missing things, the game content is monstrous, many optional bosses are really hard to encounter, because of randomness of their appearance, just have fun.

MTE

always, and I stress it - ALWAYS give materials that your teammates ask for, even if you need those for crafting yourself, they use materials to upgrade their equipment.

Don't stress about missing things, the game content is monstrous, many optional bosses are really hard to encounter, because of randomness of their appearance, just have fun.

Good advice. This game REALLY throws you in the deep end.
I am not far in at all, but did have to consult a guide.

Caerith

I'm thinking of starting up TLR after I get through my backlog. Any missables, any ways to screw yourself over? I read somewhere that you have to avoid grinding for some reason.

Copons

Btw something totally happened during this last sale.
Too many people went crazy.

Like Rhaknar.
I remember Rhaknar to be an adorable, humble, mysteriously handsome boy, and now look what you made him become.

Rhaknar

Like Rhaknar.
I remember Rhaknar to be an adorable, humble, mysteriously handsome boy, and now look what you made him become.

I was never adorable or humble, and certainly not handsome

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking of starting up TLR after I get through my backlog. Any missables, any ways to screw yourself over? I read somewhere that you have to avoid grinding for some reason.

From what I understand, killing weak enemies makes it harder to get stat increases.

Shadownet

Banned
I just want to thanks a certain German name yakkue. <3 for giving me The Last Remnant. I did not expect it, and normally I dont like accepting gifts. but she was so nice and it's a JRPG. she knew my weakness. <3 thanks dear

Rhaknar

I just want to thanks a certain German name yakkue. <3 for giving me The Last Remnant. I did not expect it, and normally I dont like accepting gifts. but she was so nice and it's a JRPG. she knew my weakness. <3 thanks dear

whut?

Ozium

please nobody fight, peace is the answer.

Gifting has changed. It's no longer about spares, promotion or simply helping a friend in need. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by gaffers and steam. Gifting, and its consumption of games, has become a well-oiled machine. Gifting has changed. Avatar tagged soldiers carry username tagged weapons, use Steam profile tagged gear. Alcohols inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Game control. Information control. Emotion control. SteamGAF control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Gifting has changed. The age of luck and probability has become the age of control. And he who controls the trading, controls SteamGAF. Gifting has changed. When the trading is under total control, gifting... becomes routine.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Like Rhaknar.

I'm responsible for this. The intense gifting he had to endure during the summer sale changed him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom