• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

This Divinity: Original Sin game

index.php

Is that 240p ?

Indignate

yea i mean i'm no last remnant expert but from my experience with the game it felt a lot less usable than persona. like p3 sometimes derps but rng's for the most part a non-factor. with the last remnant i felt like that was an issue for all i've played of it

and like 10 hours might not be a lot (xenosaga took like 15 hours to take off but when it did holy fuck it did) but i think it gave me a good enough idea of if i'd like it or not

While not as adept as Persona, I wouldn't think that Last Remnant was completely incapable. Sucks to see that you were completely turned off from it, but at least you gave it due diligence.

By chance, have you played Xenoblade? I have a friend who couldn't stand that you could not control the other party members during combat. Which actually displeased me too about that game, since it creates an emphasis on comboing certain moves and effects into another.

Indignate

Hm. Sacred Citadel seems interesting. Any thoughts on it?

The collection has Sacred 2 and the spin-off side scrolling beat em' up game, which as someone who likes the genre, felt pretty "eh" to me.

It just doesn't have the depth that other similar games have. I found myself falling asleep while playing it. If you can find friends to play it with (hell, I'd play it with you) you can probably have some fun with it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No One Lives Forever 2 was one of my favorite games in college. I will never forget the robotic kitten bomb.
I think I liked NOLF1 more. 2 had several sections that annoyed me a lot, though it had great levels too. The first one was also frustrating at times, but it was so weird and funny that it didn't bother me too much.

Still, both games are awesome. I'd buy them day one on Steam without thinking twice.

A game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Revenge of the Titans -- MB-727E1A33ABA49791 - Taken by TheMadMan007

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Still would be a nice place to hang out.

I'm fine with that Rhaknar.

unless you meant a general russian thread, not a "heres how to buy cheap russian games" thread, if so I apologize

and why would you be ok with them region locking every game, wtf?

zkylon

zkylewd
While not as adept as Persona, I wouldn't think that Last Remnant was completely incapable. Sucks to see that you were completely turned off from it, but at least you gave it due diligence.

By chance, have you played Xenoblade? I have a friend who couldn't stand that you could not control the other party members during combat. Which actually displeased me too about that game, since it creates an emphasis on comboing certain moves and effects into another.
yes, i've played and beaten xenoblade

i didn't find it much too great either

basically i was hot in the heels off xenosaga expecting an epic game full of emotions and weirdness and adventure and well, it was not quite :/

gameplay wise i didn't love it, the idea of a single-player mmo is a nightmare for me so i just went through it without much care and left a good amount of quests undone and didn't bother with finishing the relationship chart, etc.

as a general rule i don't like when you can't control your teammates but i can tolerate and even enjoy it. i didn't mind in fallout where it lead to hilarious situations of HOLY FUCK VIC YOU JUST SHOT ME IN THE BACK YOU'RE FUCKING TERRIBLE, i didn't mind in persona 3 where it was mostly a non-issue and i didn't mind it in ff12 since u know, being a programmer and all, i absolutely ADORED that "make your own ai" thing

in xenosaga i didn't mind it either but i generally disliked most about the gameplay in that game, the throwaway quests, the shitty mmo-like you can't fight monsters higher-level than you balancing, how easy it was in general and how uneventful fights felt (even tho there were some awesome ideas like the predicting deaths thing). the characters and the little bits of xeno-dna kept me going, but you know, it's no xenosaga or xenogears

also btw, i'm not saying the last remnant is not functional or playable or even fun. i'm just saying the rng factor was an annoyance i couldn't look past cos nothing about the game really grabbed my interest. i might go back to it some day but i'm not too sad about it

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I know this is old news but it is new to me since I bought a gaming laptop but sleeping dogs looks incredible. I wish I had something that shows me the exact FPS but on medium settings the game looks like it runs above 60fps. And the graphical upgrade patch (thanks Lik) the game looks even better. I don't think I can return to the console version. I cannot wait and try metal gear rising next.

TsuXna

unless you meant a general russian thread, not a "heres how to buy cheap russian games" thread, if so I apologize

and why would you be ok with them region locking every game, wtf?
Yea that what I meant.
Coz I already live in a place with cheap games :D

Copons

Bloody Russians, you won't have my wallet, even if you're getting every day more tempting.

also because I'm too lazy to even start to approach the whole key thing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp my 32gb flashdrive went in the washing machine... I wonder if it works after I dry it :/

Bloody Russians, you won't have my wallet, even if you're getting every day more tempting.

I was too for a long time, turns out its quite simple

pahamrick

I normally just buy keys off the market and use a dispenser bot, which makes things trivial. Market prices for keys are insane now, though. I just hope they go back down by the time I save money for DR3/W3/SoM.

welp my 32gb flashdrive went in the washing machine... I wonder if it works after I dry it :/

Stick it in a sealable bag with enough rice to completely cover it, leave it for 2-3 days.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mine has taken several trips to the washing machine and dryer with no damage or data lost. Let it dry and chill.

On another note: Gift begging on Steam Chat ain't cute.

liezryou

Newb copons, logon and I'll make you my next padawan. Rhaknar has learned the ways, it's time for him to move on. I'm sorry rhaknar, everyone has to graduate someday.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Here goes nothing. I always said I wanted my first giveaway to be huge but I've opted to try for a quality selection instead. These are all games I think are pretty awesome and that deserve a place in anyone's library.

Hey, I won Ultionus after all! Thanks, aku:jiki! :D

Shantom

47 people on my friends list own Sacred Citadel.

6 have played it.

Steam.
I attempted to play it with two friends, and it was exceptionally buggy. A lot of this was because it didn't like one person's connection, but since he can play everything else online fine, I'm happy to blame the game.
Edit: By buggy I mean the event scripting would break 80% of the time, so it was impossible to advance.

Copons

I normally just buy keys off the market and use a dispenser bot, which makes things trivial. Market prices for keys are insane now, though. I just hope they go back down by the time I save money for DR3/W3/SoM.

I was too for a long time, turns out its quite simple

One day I'll definitely cave in.
But not today. I'm too prone to addictions and to collecting stuff (like a Pokemon syndrome) and I cannot afford to become the next JaseC in town, even with cheaper prices.
Imaginary boundaries like not buying keys help me to stay on track.

Newb copons, logon and I'll make you my next padawan. Rhaknar has learned the ways, it's time for him to move on. I'm sorry rhaknar, everyone has to graduate someday.

Ahaha, I wanted to add you before exactly to ask you about all this trading thing. But then when you added me it was too late and I had to run to work, so I had all the needed time to thwart my instincts. :D

(if I'll remember, as soon as I get home I'll ask you about Loom cheapassing games)

Vuze

Same, I'm also too lazy to buy 10+ keys for new releases from the market and also I'm too lazy to buy keys in bulk from resellers just to save a few cents thus I'm just paying my trusted dealers with PayPal. :>

MadGear

47 people on my friends list own Sacred Citadel.

6 have played it.

Steam.

Played it recently with a friend because we were a bit coop starved. We enjoyed our time because we manage to make the worst games enjoyable with some pinch of madness but the game itself really isn't that good. Progression in this game is lame: you unlock some basic "combos", rarely get some loot and with each level up can spend points on some attributes that barely have any noticeable impact. There are also only a few enemy types, some really annoying "boss battles" and a super predictable and dumb story. Combat is also not much fun because for us it always resulted in pushing enemies to either side of the screen and then punching them until they were dead.
So I can't blame anyone for not playing this game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom