• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcw

Could you please confirm:
1: Trading Cards don't drop with Family-shared games?
2: Trading cards still drop based on time a game is running, nothing else.

TsuXna

Same, I'm also too lazy to buy 10+ keys for new releases from the market and also I'm too lazy to buy keys in bulk from resellers just to save a few cents thus I'm just paying my trusted dealers with PayPal. :>
Deals through PayPal are quite nice, I needed two games but was locked out of market, so asked a Russian guy who got broforce for me before, civ v and goat Sim for $7 overall.

Pachimari

I just received a fake Dual Shock 3 controller without realizing it when I ordered it.

I guess it can still be used as long as it have Bluetooth?

EDIT:
Guys, is there a voucher for GMG currently? About to order the Ultra Street Fighter IV upgrade.

liezryou

Holy shit i didn't realize how popular divinity was.

uO91nO1.png

Although i guess some of this can be attributed to the mass amount of GAFfers on my friends list. GAF hype for this game is too damn high.

Grief.exe

I know this is old news but it is new to me since I bought a gaming laptop but sleeping dogs looks incredible. I wish I had something that shows me the exact FPS but on medium settings the game looks like it runs above 60fps. And the graphical upgrade patch (thanks Lik) the game looks even better. I don't think I can return to the console version. I cannot wait and try metal gear rising next.

SteamGAF always loves a spot of Sleeping Dogs discussion.

isn't there a steam release planned ? i thought i read that somewhere

Night Dive registered a trademark for the game, so hopefully they are working on it.

Oops, didn't see that! They do look exactly the same; I don't think it's a coincidence so maybe you're right!

And omg, definitely play it! It's one of the most underrated games ever. I haven't tried the iOS version, though, so I can't say if the port is any good.

No problem! And yeah I agree, I mean it's one thing to give a cat a red scarf but Sakamoto and the Ghost Trick cat.. the only difference is the eye-color if anything so yeah... (Which reminds me I should sometimes finish watching Nichijou, I got side-tracked after the first few episodes but it was great random fun :D) I mean if Linkin Park are Gundam fans why can't Capcom be Nichijou fans :p

And whoa okay I will make sure to check it out then even if the iOS port shouldn't be that stellar! :eek: The original was for DS right? Also I'm not sure if I'm incredibly lucky right now but I opened the iTunes store page of Ghost Trick and see this:

Description

Experience this much beloved, touching story for yourself. Try this brand-new kind of "Interactive Mystery" for free right now!

It still lists in-app purchases though for the chapters so I'm not sure what's going on here but I atleast added it to my iTunes account so I can always redownload it later.

uO91nO1.png

Although i guess some of this can be attributed to the mass amount of GAFfers on my friends list. GAF hype for this game is too damn high.

I keep hearing SteamGAF mention this game, so I took a look and it looks great. Do I need to play the other Divinity games though?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I almost got excited when I saw "survival-horror & resident evil", then I watched gameplay and saw it was neither of those things.

Might sound like it, watch some gameplay.

It's about as much "survival-horror" as Resident Evil 6.

Do not, NOT NOT NOT, trust the trailers of the game. I was under the impression the game was going to be some action shoot-em up from the trailers, but the actual game, at least five hours in, is nothing like that.

Firstly, the enemies are very unique for this type of game. The first two monsters you encounter is a monster that turns invisible and teleports around (who is your basic 'zombie' in the game), and this shadow monster that causes the camera to get staticy and when it touches you, you start shaking like the monsters out of Jacob's ladder. The game actually has good toss-up between puzzles, moments with no monsters, and monsters, and a lot of the time, at least on Hard, it is better to avoid them than fight them on. The locations have been varied so far, the voicing is terrible, it's also startled me a number of times already.

But there's this really bizarre thing where the game, the screens, the cover art, makes it want to seem to sell itself as an action game, but that's not how the actual game is... It's got action segments, but no more than older RE games. I'm uploading a gameplay clip now if you're interested.

My actual experience so far has been
Go the first 10 minutes without any enemies, suddenly invisible teleporting enemies, I run into a building which has worse monsters, a puzzle, item tracking and back-tracking, and a supernatural scare, then I use an item I got from the place to go into a woodshop, go through some sewers where a new monster chases me through them, I come to a capital, meet a man, try to help him find his daughter in a graveyard but find out she's dead, go back to him but he tries to kill me. Then I soon switch to a girl who comes out of her apartment and needs to go back-and-forth between a few locations to get items to move on. Then back to the guy as he takes a boat to an island to climb a tower, solve a few puzzles, then back down and shoot these annoying flying enemies with a turret (most action part of the game so far), then head under the island to a Lovecraftian-esque temple full of traps, puzzles, and these big enemies that keep on chasing me while collecting stone tablets to open up a room at the heart of the temple. Also story is something about a cult rising to power across the world.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

oh boy, adventure this time..

Dead Island seems to want to be everything. Or maybe they're trying to find a direction to go with moving forward.

Whatever the case, out of all their attempts, this is the one that looks most interesting to me personally.

Sarcasm

I keep hearing SteamGAF mention this game, so I took a look and it looks great. Do I need to play the other Divinity games though?

No you don't need to play the others considering they are not like this. One is like Diablo.

Your fine with this being your first, like me.

liezryou

Man some russian traders are not only hilariously greedy, but they are also total dicks.

Me to a new russian trader-Hey i will show you how to make certain games region free like divinity: original sin.

Him-Ok you show me and i give you big discount on divinity.
I show him
Me-Did it work?

Him-No

Not but a few hours later i see his trade on steamtrades selling Divinity: Original Sin

That's the last time i share information with anyone fuck humans.

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 keys (2 Desura, 1 GOG). To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PGP3OVL.png
DRACULA 4 (GOG) -- MB-CB333E33F237A403 - Taken by thePenguin
ulgzbKC.png
SUPER PANDA ADVENTURES (DESURA) -- MB-21186CF33D18EB63
ulgzbKC.png
DATA HACKER - INITIATION (DESURA) -- MB-1B9F1EF632CEE873 - Taken by Tizoc. 2 entrants total.

Do not, NOT NOT NOT, trust the trailers of the game. I was under the impression the game was going to be some action shoot-em up from the trailers, but the actual game, at least five hours in, is nothing like that.

Firstly, the enemies are very unique for this type of game. The first two monsters you encounter is a monster that turns invisible and teleports around (who is your basic 'zombie' in the game), and this shadow monster that causes the camera to get staticy and when it touches you, you start shaking like the monsters out of Jacob's ladder. The game actually has good toss-up between puzzles, moments with no monsters, and monsters, and a lot of the time, at least on Hard, it is better to avoid them than fight them on. The locations have been varied so far, the voicing is terrible, it's also startled me a number of times already.

But there's this really bizarre thing where the game, the screens, the cover art, makes it want to seem to sell itself as an action game, but that's not how the actual game is... It's got action segments, but no more than older RE games. I'm uploading a gameplay clip now if you're interested.

My actual experience so far has been
Go the first 10 minutes without any enemies, suddenly invisible teleporting enemies, I run into a building which has worse monsters, a puzzle, item tracking and back-tracking, and a supernatural scare, then I use an item I got from the place to go into a woodshop, go through some sewers where a new monster chases me through them, I come to a capital, meet a man, try to help him find his daughter in a graveyard but find out she's dead, go back to him but he tries to kill me. Then I soon switch to a girl who comes out of her apartment and needs to go back-and-forth between a few locations to get items to move on. Then back to the guy as he takes a boat to an island to climb a tower, solve a few puzzles, then back down and shoot these annoying flying enemies with a turret (most action part of the game so far), then head under the island to a Lovecraftian-esque temple full of traps, puzzles, and these big enemies that keep on chasing me while collecting stone tablets to open up a room at the heart of the temple. Also story is something about a cult rising to power across the world.

That actually makes the game more interesting to me, I'm slightly tired of action games.

Well after waking up to my ceiling that leaks water everytime it rains(seriously fuck my cheap ass landord) i decided to watch more of divinity and i want it even more now :x does the game also have mod support?

How many of you fellows competed a game today?
I did!
obligatory Remember Me screetnshot
The artsytle this game has is fabulous. Wish they made an RPG in that world. There are not enough cyberpunk non-point&click games.

So since the Serious Sam games are on sale - which ones are worth playing? (please don't say all "all of them" - I just want one, maybe 2 max)
Easy answer. Get Serious Sam Classics Revolution for 1,50 bucks. It's essentially the First and Secound Encounter games in one + loads of features like 40+ co-op, steamworkshop etc.
It maybe Early Access at the moment, but keep in mind that after getting the game in your library, the original First and Second Encounter games get added, too. That's 3 games! No brainer.

oh boy, adventure this time..
Seem like they took inspiration from Borderlands which is not bad.

TsuXna

uO91nO1.png

I'd buy it but won't be able to download it now, so I guess better to wait.

pahamrick

I'm thinking my luck ran out on the M&M candy cash. Between my families and my phones, I'm at 0/12 the last three days.

C'mon M&M, I just need 5 or 6 wins to snag a copy of Dead Rising 3 or Witcher 3!

liezryou

Wow that same russian trader stole on of my buyers (he posted on my steamtrades thread while i was not at home, and that russian added him and traded him instead).

Well karmas a fucking bitch. He's afk now and a dude posted on his thread, i just stole that trade.

#STEAMTRADERRAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom