• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the fastest moving thread. I probably missed a bunch of STFU questions... sorry!

Also, if you like GIFs and are interested in Super Time Force Ultra... Capy has created GIFSANITY for you.

A taste:

DinoChompyForevsies.gif
poopdodge.gif
madmax_smash.gif
Squirty_HipThrust_Solo_200percent.gif

Man, that looks sweet.

Are you fine folks talking about which operating systems you'll be supporting at launch?

Amazing stuff. Cannot wait! Glad to see you hanging around GAF too, have loved your stuff since I first saw Critter Crunch so it's good to see you guys still going strong.

I've been hanging around GAF forever, just not much in this thread. I'll make sure to spend more GAF-time here leading up to launch and beyond. Thanks for the support!

Pretty good achievement design, I think.

Thanks. We had a lot of fun with it, and even had to cut a few we loved... Hopefully we can get them into the Steam version ;)

Here are my questions: Why can't I preorder? When will this terrible error be rectified? Are we talking about weeks or months until the release?

Don't have an exact date, but it'll still take us a bit to finish. Definitely this summer though.

Are you fine folks talking about which operating systems you'll be supporting at launch?

Can't comment much on this. So far we've only confirmed Windows, but both Sworcery and Critter Crunch are on mac too so I wouldn't put it past us ;)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I've been hanging around GAF forever, just not much in this thread. I'll make sure to spend more GAF-time here leading up to launch and beyond. Thanks for the support!

No problem, it's easy to support great games, love that art style especially!

Thanks. We had a lot of fun with it, and even had to cut a few we loved... Hopefully we can get them into the Steam version ;)

Oh man, that'd be awesome. Love fun achievements. Also make sure your badges have that amazing art style from the game. In fact, can you give us some sneak previews of badge/card art? :)

Hugstable

Banned
No problem, it's easy to support great games, love that art style especially!

Oh man, that'd be awesome. Love fun achievements. Also make sure your badges have that amazing art style from the game. In fact, can you give us some sneak previews of badge/card art? :)

Flinging poop monster and massively nonstop chomping dino should be cards!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
if you missed buying saints row IV during the summer sale it's $10 over at gamersgate. not a bad price and you'll get some blue coins or something?

Yeah, basically one blue coin is worth one cent, and generally you receive 5% of the purchase price back in coins (higher for certain pre-orders). GamersGate's FAQ states that they expire after a year and you'll receive a warning prior to them disappearing into the digital ether, but in my experience no effort is made to notify users of their imminent expiry and instead there's a grace period of about two months.

yGray

Banned
Cromulent_Word how do you feel about the Vita and is there a chance that STFU could ever be brought to that hardware?

Would you need to create a new version like Super Time Force Ultra Extreme to avoid any legal problems?

Would there be enough incentive for you to bring it there or should we tweet Gio Corsi to help you guys out with the financials- if that's even possible.

MUnited83

For you.
The DLC for SR3 was pretty terrible and I haven't heard great things about the DLC for SR4 so there may be some who want just the game by itself.

Afaik, "How the Saints Save Christmas" is good. I think it's a question of a few months for the complete edition to be on sale for less than 10$. Unless someone wants to really, really, really play it like right now, they should wait a bit more.

Arthea

If anyone is still interested, Gala store has discount on 100% Orange Juice, not very hot, and no 4pack too - $4.65.
99 spirits has discount too but even less appealing.

Cromulent_Word how do you feel about the Vita and is there a chance that STFU could ever be brought to that hardware?

Would you need to create a new version like Super Time Force Ultra Extreme to avoid any legal problems?

Would there be enough incentive for you to bring it there or should we tweet Gio Corsi to help you guys out with the financials- if that's even possible.

Unfortunately I can't comment on any of this.

I can say that I love my VITA, play it more than any system due to all my traveling. If it was up to me, every good game would be on it :)

Arthea

Yeah, basically one blue coin is worth one cent, and generally you receive 5% of the purchase price back in coins (higher for certain pre-orders). GamersGate's FAQ states that they expire after a year and you'll receive a warning prior to them disappearing into the digital ether, but in my experience no effort is made to notify users of their imminent expiry and instead there's a grace period of about two months.

They should just take out that from blue points description, imho. It's rather bad for business to state something you don't do or plan to.

Hugstable

Banned

For some reason I always thought it was coming to the VITA for some reason. I wouldn't mind having a portable version of this game as well for whenever I go traveling. Plus that spritework and colors would look great on OLED screen.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That actually makes the game more interesting to me, I'm slightly tired of action games.

Something I quickly whipped together from my first four hours of recording Kabus 22, sort of made to show the game is an older RE-styled clone as opposed to some super action-heavy title like the trailer and boxart implies.

Also as I've been enjoying it fairly enough so far, but it is a B-Tier horror game.

For those wondering why I'm talking about Kabus 22, it's a 2006 Turkish Resident Evil clone that recently got Greenlit on Steam, I decided to finally play my copy last night, and honestly I'm pleasantly surprised so far. But someone was turned off by the 'action' direction of the trailer.

yGray

Banned
For some reason I always thought it was coming to the VITA for some reason. I wouldn't mind having a portable version of this game as well for whenever I go traveling. Plus that spritework and colors would look great on OLED screen.

100% agree. Super Time Force would fit so perfectly there.

IMO, all these games would

Super Time Force
Shovel Knight
Banner Saga
Bro Force
Strider
Super Meat Boy
Transistor
Bastion

Hugstable

Banned
Time to get ready for some more Dark Souls this morning. Goal today... to actually make it past that archer and hopefully get to see what all the fuss is about with O&S

100% agree. Super Time Force would fit so perfectly there.

IMO, all these games would

Super Time Force
Shovel Knight
Banner Saga
Bro Force
Strider
Super Meat Boy
Transistor
Bastion

<3 all those games would be perfect. Bastion is kinda silly to see it not on Vita as they already did a port for iOS of all things. Same with Super Meat Boy, loved that game so much and was surprised they kept it 360 console exclusive and PC exclusive.

looks great but will be personally waiting for the "complete" version so to speak which won't be for a years probably

mostly due to the fact that I found the base versions of Civ 4 and 5 pretty mediocre and a lot of the issues that I had with the games weren't addressed/fixed until the major expansions (BTS for Civ 4 and GK/BNW for Civ 5)

Jawmuncher

If anyone is still interested, Gala store has discount on 100% Orange Juice, not very hot, and no 4pack too - $4.65.
99 spirits has discount too but even less appealing.

Waiting for that 3 dollar deal. It hasn't been part of a bundle after getting steam keys right? I know 99 spirits did quite quickly and human tanks has had a indiegamestand.

rCIZZLE

Is there anyway at all to use a DS3 without the PC having any bluetooth access? I've been trying different programs but at no point does the DS3's lights stop blinking and show any sign that it's using the PC for more than charging battery.

Hugstable

Banned
Is there anyway at all to use a DS3 without the PC having any bluetooth access? I've been trying different programs but at no point does the DS3's lights stop blinking and show any sign that it's using the PC for more than charging battery.

Have you tried X Input Wrapper? Not a program, but drivers that get the PC to think the DS3 is a 360 controller.

Should I buy Murdered since the developer shut down or will Square Enix likely keep it on Steam anyway?

It will probably stay up, if it doesn't you could always get a retail CD Key or go to a reseller like Greenman Gaming and get a key I believe.

Alternatively a AMD never settle forever Key would be your best bet, you can get a gold one of ebay for £20 ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom