• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rCIZZLE

Have you tried X Input Wrapper? Not a program, but drivers that get the PC to think the DS3 is a 360 controller.

Yes that was actually the first thing I tried. Followed word for word instructions from this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102

After I clicked install and rebooted, the lights on the DS3 just kept flashing. Tried entering different games, pressing all buttons, etc but nothing changed. I'm sure there's some step after the installation that I'm missing but it's not part of that guide so I'm not sure what to do now.

Guessing I should just buy a 360 controller and hope that works. :\

MadGear

This is the fastest moving thread. I probably missed a bunch of STFU questions... sorry!

Also, if you like GIFs and are interested in Super Time Force Ultra... Capy has created GIFSANITY for you.

A taste:

DinoChompyForevsies.gif
poopdodge.gif
madmax_smash.gif
Squirty_HipThrust_Solo_200percent.gif

Awesome, i got super excited about this game when i saw a quick look on it at Giantbomb. Glad to see its coming to PC as well :D

Do you think this is something that could benefit of steam workshop support (to create stages, characters, enemies, ...) or would it be too troublesome to provide the necessary tools for it?

Nzyme32

looks great but will be personally waiting for the "complete" version so to speak which won't be for a years probably

mostly due to the fact that I found the base versions of Civ 4 and 5 pretty mediocre and a lot of the issues that I had with the games weren't addressed/fixed until the major expansions (BTS for Civ 4 and GK/BNW for Civ 5)

Yeah, I imagine they are well aware of what they want to add over time. Probably 3 expansions, assuming it is received favourably. I'll probably grab the base game but bide my time till the expansions are available as an affordable easy upgrade

The DLC for SR3 was pretty terrible and I haven't heard great things about the DLC for SR4 so there may be some who want just the game by itself.
SR4 was pretty fun, I played and beat it when they had the free weekend thing. I had a few issues with the game but one of the main ones is that its completely dead for an open world game

Diedac

From Groupees

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

REVENGE OF THE TITANS -- MB-4D3742059AD6F103

Shadownet

Banned
We will need frapsed proof of this.

Once I reach 10 hours :) I'll screenshot it

yes, it's fucking amazing

it's just a perfect version of the white wolf universe, with great quests and characters and atmosphere. everything about it is amazing with the exception of the shitty weird fps-stealth gameplay but you won't really care.

it's super good, one of my favorites ever.

Well guess I never check out that game then Lol.

And Good morning SteamGAF :) I miss you all

Grief.exe

100% agree. Super Time Force would fit so perfectly there.

IMO, all these games would

Super Time Force
Shovel Knight
Banner Saga
Bro Force
Strider
Super Meat Boy
Transistor
Bastion

<3 all those games would be perfect. Bastion is kinda silly to see it not on Vita as they already did a port for iOS of all things. Same with Super Meat Boy, loved that game so much and was surprised they kept it 360 console exclusive and PC exclusive.

All comes down to money.

Vita has a relatively small install base and Steam is currently the most viable place for indie titles.

Hugstable

Banned
Yes that was actually the first thing I tried. Followed word for word instructions from this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102

After I clicked install and rebooted, the lights on the DS3 just kept flashing. Tried entering different games, pressing all buttons, etc but nothing changed. I'm sure there's some step after the installation that I'm missing but it's not part of that guide so I'm not sure what to do now.

Guessing I should just buy a 360 controller and hope that works. :\

Did you try with Force Install checked? I know it says Vista for that, but my DS3 first had problems when I was trying it out, and after uninstalling and reinstalling with checking Force Install... it seemed to work for me.

All comes down to money.

Vita has a relatively small install base and Steam is currently the most viable place for indie titles.

True that. Great to have both though since it pretty much covers all the indie bases :D.

wilflare

I feel compelled to point out that I did two mass-key giveaways that were in no way cheap. Sure, if you break it down to a per-game level the amount is minuscule, but it all adds up. Between the two I spent somewhere around $400, and many times I've bought extra copies of bundles solely to give away as opposed to just handing off spares from a bundle I bought chiefly for my own interest. That all being said, I should note that I didn't buy the bundles just to increase my giveaway count, my status within this community or whatever -- I couldn't care less about such rankings. I'd rather my general posts speak for me as opposed to my giveaways.

I think it's also important to note that Xelios gave away alot of games during sales before Modbot was even a thing. He really looks through your wishlist and fulfills them.

and JaseC has been very helpful with answering various questions regarding SteamDB, regional gifting etc. And I do agree, getting every almost bundle (giving those spare keys away and the knowledge gained from having all that) all adds up!

I don't think it's fair to evaluate the quality of one's giving purely through Modbot's statistics (don't think anyone is doing that I hope). It's just awesome that the community is willing to share whatever they have (games, bundles, deals, infobits).

MUnited83

For you.
All comes down to money.

Heh, that depends. Indie games have been known to sell pretty damn well on the Vita and sometimes even better than their PS3 or PC versions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Of course it will continue to be on Steam. Devs shutting down has literally nothing to do with it. SE owns the IP/game.

For the sake of confirmation:

Word Mark MURDERED SOUL SUSPECT
<snip>
Serial Number 85886977
Filing Date March 26, 2013
Current Basis 44E
Original Filing Basis 1B;44D
Published for Opposition July 9, 2013
Registration Number 4407140
Registration Date September 24, 2013
Owner (REGISTRANT) Kabushiki Kaisha Square Enix (also trading as Square Enix Co., Ltd.) CORPORATION JAPAN 6-27-30 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo JAPAN

Shadownet

Banned
I think it's also important to note that Xelios gave away alot of games during sales before Modbot was even a thing. He really looks through your wishlist and fulfills them.

and JaseC has been very helpful with answering various questions regarding SteamDB, regional gifting etc. And I do agree, getting every almost bundle (giving those spare keys away and the knowledge gained from having all that) all adds up!

I don't think it's fair to evaluate the quality of one's giving purely through Modbot's statistics (don't think anyone is doing that I hope). It's just awesome that the community is willing to share whatever they have (games, bundles, deals, infobits).

This is why I probably wont do ModBot giveaway much once winter sale come. I like to personally gift people game rather than raffling. But I'll still do a raffle here and there :)

rCIZZLE

Did you try with Force Install checked? I know it says Vista for that, but my DS3 first had problems when I was trying it out, and after uninstalling and reinstalling with checking Force Install... it seemed to work for me.

True that. Great to have both though since it pretty much covers all the indie bases :D.

Ya I reopened it > clicked uninstall > checked force install > clicked install. Same thing. Controller just flashes lights and shows no signs of working with PC.

Also tried this again without bluetooth driver checked since that doesn't really seem to apply to me.

Grief.exe

Heh, that depends. Indie games have been known to sell pretty damn well on the Vita and sometimes even better than their PS3 or PC versions.

You have anything I could read on that? I could see selling more than the PS3/360 version, but I have a hard time believing they are outselling the PC version.

There could be some outliers of course, but I'd imagine the vast majority are selling significantly better on Steam. Especially with the rate the community is growing and the amount of sales that continually pour in years after release.

JaseC

Very true. He's on my not-so-short list of people I intend to gift HL3 to... which probably seems like a joke now, but at the time I honestly didn't think the game would skip Half-Life 2's 10th anniversary. I might start working through the list via Wallet funds once Valve launches the feature -- at least this way people can either wait for HL3 or spend the money on something they actually want.

liezryou

Whatever happened to xelios in the odd months i was away from GAF? I think he removed me and his profile is now private.

JaseC

Whatever happened to xelios in the odd months i was away from GAF? I think he removed me and his profile is now private.

He purged his friends list chiefly because his activity feed was too busy (the last time he returned to say a few words he explained to me that the deletion was nothing personal), and as far as GAF is concerned he's been focusing on Real Life(tm), although it's no secret he makes regular use of ModBot's anonymous giveaway function.

liezryou

He purged his friends list chiefly because his activity feed was too busy (the last time he returned to say a few words he explained to me that the deletion was nothing personal), and as far as GAF is concerned he's been focusing on Real Life(tm), although it's no secret he makes regular use of ModBot's anonymous giveaway function.

Fair enough, on all accounts.

_hekk05

Banned
Spent the day with the dad at the hospital for a colonoscopy. Something is definitely wrong with his stomach, BUT IT AIN'T CANCER!!!!
just inflammation

To celebrate no cancer:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dungeon Hearts #2 -- MB-8950F7CC787894C2 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Dungeon Hearts #1 -- MB-2D3AE88163EBB642 - Taken by Halo 2. 2 entrants total.

t1404409381z1.png

But I think Xelios still have some fellow gaffers on his friend list..... he deleted me :(

wilflare

Everytime I see "anonymous benefactor", I somehow feel that it's Xelios.

Jawmuncher

Spent the day with the dad at the hospital for a colonoscopy. Something is definitely wrong with his stomach, BUT IT AIN'T CANCER!!!!
just inflammation

To celebrate no cancer:

No cancer is something we can all celebrate about.
Hope he gets better soon.

Pachimari

It will probably stay up, if it doesn't you could always get a retail CD Key or go to a reseller like Greenman Gaming and get a key I believe.

Alternatively a AMD never settle forever Key would be your best bet, you can get a gold one of ebay for £20 ish.

it will be on steam forever. Get it when its on sale.

the game isn't going to get pulled just because the dev no longer exists. Wait it out.

Of course it will continue to be on Steam. Devs shutting down has literally nothing to do with it. SE owns the IP/game.
Just as I thought, thanks.

I'm also currently in a "bidding war" for Mafia 1 and have offered 60 keys. The other part already owns 2 copies of the game, and I just really want this one title ugh.

Grief.exe

I'm also currently in a "bidding war" for Mafia 1 and have offered 60 keys. The other part already owns 2 copies of the game, and I just really want this one title ugh.

I'd imagine the majority of that market is speculators. Difficult for someone to justify dropping that many keys on a game to just play it.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is there anyway at all to use a DS3 without the PC having any bluetooth access? I've been trying different programs but at no point does the DS3's lights stop blinking and show any sign that it's using the PC for more than charging battery.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Give this a shot. I know the DS4 version (DS4Tool) supports 4 DS4's either over bluetooth, wired or both.

edit - lol it says directly on the page
The drivers support 4 DS3s connected by USB or via Bluetooth (one dongle can support 4 DS3 connections).

edit 2 - oh shit... you are trying to use motionjoy? friends don't let friends use motionjoy. run, don't walk, away from it. for DS3 use scarlet's driver/wrapper. For DS4 use DS4Tool (which is based on Scarlet's wrapper but better implemented for DS4)

Ibuki

Banned

You are willing to pay that much? I'm confused pretty sure I payed like 2.50 for mafia? Is it removed from steam?

Also good morning all you beautiful SteamGAF people.

Pachimari

You are willing to pay that much? I'm confused pretty sure I payed like 2.50 for mafia? Is it removed from steam?

It was removed a long time ago, and if I'm not wrong, the game is sold for 100 keys by the few sellers out there?

The buyout price is 100 keys with this one, and currently the other part offered 55, while I have offered 60.

Hugstable

Banned

Ibuki

Banned
It was removed a long time ago, and if I'm not wrong, the game is sold for 100 keys by the few sellers out there?

The buyout price is 100 keys with this one, and currently the other part offered 55, while I have offered 60.

Wow wish I would have grabbed some extra copies. This removed from steam game seems pretty profitable. Thanks for the response.

JaseC

Yeah, the game was pulled back in October 2012. It uses many pieces of licensed music for the sake of authenticity, and such contracts aren't forever.

milena87

just inflammation

To celebrate no cancer:

These kind of news are always great :)
I hope your dad will feel better soon!

Tizoc

Oh nice, didn't know that the DS4tool stuff also was compatible for DS3 controllers. Love this tool though, being able to use DS4 all the time on PC is just great. Especially for games like Astebreed and Dark Souls.

How do I make it detect and work with my DS3 though?

wilflare

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Give this a shot. I know the DS4 version (DS4Tool) supports 4 DS4's either over bluetooth, wired or both.

edit 2 - oh shit... you are trying to use motionjoy? friends don't let friends use motionjoy. run, don't walk, away from it. for DS3 use scarlet's driver/wrapper. For DS4 use DS4Tool (which is based on Scarlet's wrapper but better implemented for DS4)

I'm using DS4Windows... and it lags on Bluetooth :/

any idea why?

---

is there no way to downsample DX10/11 games on AMD GPUs?

rCIZZLE

I was trying to use anything including xinput wrapper that was posted on gaf by another user. At no point does my controller show any sign that it's connected to the PC other than triggering the initial drivers to be installed when it's first plugged in. I'll give this link a shot though maybe I'll get extremely lucky and something will work lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom