• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Spent the day with the dad at the hospital for a colonoscopy. Something is definitely wrong with his stomach, BUT IT AIN'T CANCER!!!!
just inflammation

To celebrate no cancer:

Not cancer is good! (I had a similar scare a few months ago)
I'm happy for you and your dad.

Pachimari

Yeah, the game was pulled back in October 2012. It uses many pieces of licensed music for the sake of authenticity, and such contracts aren't forever.

I wonder if it's only because of the licensed music or if it also had to do with what was going on behind the scenes. My best friend worked for them and it was not pretty.

Anyway, I hope I'll get the game someday. Someday.

Makes me feel uncomfortable.

Me too.

100% agree. Super Time Force would fit so perfectly there.

IMO, all these games would

Super Time Force
Shovel Knight
Banner Saga
Bro Force
Strider
Super Meat Boy
Transistor
Bastion

The only place Strider belongs is in a dumpster.

I'm using DS4Windows... and it lags on Bluetooth :/

any idea why?

Because it's inferior to DS3 SCP service. :p

Thanks, but just FYI, I entered for Zombie Driver HD about 10 minutes ago and didn't get anything, so I think it might have been taken.

(Now watch me get a PM and look like an idiot in a few minutes. :lol)

It still shows up as available and I haven't received a receipt from Modbod. Don't know what could be wrong.

Very true. He's on my not-so-short list of people I intend to gift HL3 to... which probably seems like a joke now, but at the time I honestly didn't think the game would skip Half-Life 2's 10th anniversary. I might start working through the list via Wallet funds once Valve launches the feature -- at least this way people can either wait for HL3 or spend the money on something they actually want.

Maybe they could invest the money with the intention to wait for HL3 and by the time it comes out they'll have millions!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if it's only because of the licensed music or if it also had to do with what was going on behind the scenes. My best friend worked for them and it was not pretty.

Anyway, I hope I'll get the game someday. Someday.

It's safe to say that any turbulence experienced at Illusion had no bearing on the game's availability. It was a decade old prior to being yanked and the studio was bought by 2K, making Mafia entirely a 2K IP (the Titan Quest games weren't yanked from DD stores despite Iron Lore's closure, for example, because THQ owned them outright).

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Spent the day with the dad at the hospital for a colonoscopy. Something is definitely wrong with his stomach, BUT IT AIN'T CANCER!!!!
just inflammation

To celebrate no cancer:

I've lost family members to cancer so I'm feeling you. Glad your dad is fine

rCIZZLE

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Give this a shot. I know the DS4 version (DS4Tool) supports 4 DS4's either over bluetooth, wired or both.

edit - lol it says directly on the page

edit 2 - oh shit... you are trying to use motionjoy? friends don't let friends use motionjoy. run, don't walk, away from it. for DS3 use scarlet's driver/wrapper. For DS4 use DS4Tool (which is based on Scarlet's wrapper but better implemented for DS4)

Since the OP seemed to be the exact same as a guide I followed on gaf, I went to the DS4 page (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInp...-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller?pid=334146#pid334146) and just followed that replacing all instances of DS4 with DS3. In "zadig.exe" my PC recognizes a "playstation 3 controller" and is able to install drivers. Not sure where to go after that though.

LOL guys my bro was on my steam account looking at the games I got and he saw 5 games that I didn't purchase(3 that I won on giveaways and 2 that my main man shadownet gave me) and he goes YO WTF HOW YOU GOT THESE GAMES, I KNOW YOU DIDN'T BUY THEM! and I told him I got em from neogaf and then he says "...word? how do I join that site though?"

Anteater

I was trying to use anything including xinput wrapper that was posted on gaf by another user. At no point does my controller show any sign that it's connected to the PC other than triggering the initial drivers to be installed when it's first plugged in. I'll give this link a shot though maybe I'll get extremely lucky and something will work lol.

Check and see if the service is running, I've had problems with installing it with my dualshock 3 for a while because the installer just wouldn't install the service, I ended up manually adding the service myself using a command line.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Give this a shot. I know the DS4 version (DS4Tool) supports 4 DS4's either over bluetooth, wired or both.

edit - lol it says directly on the page

edit 2 - oh shit... you are trying to use motionjoy? friends don't let friends use motionjoy. run, don't walk, away from it. for DS3 use scarlet's driver/wrapper. For DS4 use DS4Tool (which is based on Scarlet's wrapper but better implemented for DS4)

This is the best solution. Motioninjoy is malware.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I do enjoy the fact that Bundle Stars deals only in Steam keys, but I think the site needs to consider reducing frequency in favour of chasing a game or two that hasn't been bundled sixty million times in the past. That begin dabbling in Greenlight games.

Hugstable

Banned
OMG I finally freaking did it! I got past those 2 Heavy Archers on the narrow walkway! Hell YEAAAAAAAAAH!!

And they give you a bonfire right after, god damn this game knows what's up!

_hekk05

Banned
No cancer is something we can all celebrate about.
Hope he gets better soon.

That's great news!

These kind of news are always great :)
I hope your dad will feel better soon!

Not cancer is good! (I had a similar scare a few months ago)
I'm happy for you and your dad.

Congrats. The waiting for the results on those tests can be nerve wrecking.

Huzzah! I don't know you, but am glad to hear it!

I've lost family members to cancer so I'm feeling you. Glad your dad is fine

Thanks guys. We had a scare there. My dad's fine. He came out of anesthesia fine and was walking faster than me
I'm only slightly embarrassed by that

fantomena

You have anything I could read on that? I could see selling more than the PS3/360 version, but I have a hard time believing they are outselling the PC version.

There could be some outliers of course, but I'd imagine the vast majority are selling significantly better on Steam. Especially with the rate the community is growing and the amount of sales that continually pour in years after release.

Quick google.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ampage-sells-best-on-vita-not-so-well-on-xbla

rCIZZLE

Check and see if the service is running, I've had problems with installing it with my dualshock 3 for a while because the installer just wouldn't install the service, I ended up manually adding the service myself using a command line.

Could you dumb that down for me a bit? Like I'm basically just blindly following any instructions so I'm not sure what the service is or how to see if it's running.

wagamer

Fancy a bit of a gamble? Here's a chance to win THE SIMS 3 (Origin key)!

EhzOopu.png

If you win the raffle, it's 50/50 chance for The Sims 3, and the other one is something bad...

So good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Entry #1 -- MB-5A2736C873C642D9
Entry #2 -- MB-D78A661DD7F514B4

t1404411106z1.png

EhzOopu.png

If you win the raffle, it's 50/50 chance for The Sims 3, and the other one is something bad...

So good luck!

oh something bad. good thing I already own the sims 3. pick carefully or you'll end up with bad rats guys.

Pachimari

It's safe to say that any turbulence experienced at Illusion had no bearing on the game's availability. It was a decade old prior to being yanked and the studio was bought by 2K, making Mafia entirely a 2K IP (the Titan Quest games weren't yanked from DD stores despite Iron Lore's closure, for example, because THQ owned them outright).

Oh yeah that's right duh. I forgot it came out in the early 00's.

And with all this Mafia talk I'm hyped for Mafia 3. Hopefully they don't have to go development hell like the prior team.

Chariot

EhzOopu.png

So good luck!
Ah, poopy. I already have the Sims and it would be a shame to win it.

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks guys. We had a scare there. My dad's fine. He came out of anesthesia fine and was walking faster than me

:D That's always great news! I've had similar experiences alot recently with my father, and those moments of relief is such a great feeling.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks, but just FYI, I entered for Zombie Driver HD about 10 minutes ago and didn't get anything, so I think it might have been taken.

(Now watch me get a PM and look like an idiot in a few minutes. :lol)

You've won too frequently over the last week and are being throttled from winning again for a little while. This is an automatic process.

Knurek

So, anything happen other than JaseC alt account surfacing? I've skimmed the thread, have some family stuff queued up and also M&M X beckons.

Loads of new bundles released, but from what I've seen nothing interesting for people with 1k+ - mostly repeats.

Hopefully Humble will deliver this week...

It created a lot of registry problems with many GAFfers' PCs as well as BSOD. It's super hard to remove from your system. And it periodically connects to a Chinese server for reasons.

oh, well good thing I haven't installed that on my new harddrive. My other hard drive died on my quite quickly.(as in it died just a few weeks shy of being used for a year)

So, anything happen other than JaseC alt account surfacing? I've skimmed the thread, have some family stuff queued up and also M&M X beckons.

Loads of new bundles released, but from what I've seen nothing interesting for people with 1k+ - mostly repeats.

Hopefully Humble will deliver this week...

Whoa, what did I miss while I was alseep?

Divinity: Original Sin being #1 in the Steam sales chart fills me with joy.

Well done, Steam community and GAFers at large.

(Now do the same for Age of Wonders 3.)

I'm hating Strider and its backtracking. The game is not hard, but rather I choose easy difficulty jut because I think it doesn't deserve a hard play.

I started on Hard, I've reached the dragon monster, I died, restarted and I saw that you can't skip cutscenes at all.

Restarted the game on easy, mash Square as fast as I can, win.

So I can uninstall it from PS4.

I'm glad I could gave it a try on PS4, I had on my Steam wishlist but I removed it now.

It's not a bad game, but I donl't like backtracking, checkpoint system and all those annoying cutscenes you can't skip.

It's a metroidvania. it literally cannot be a metroidvania if it lacks backtracking. that's how those games work.

Deadlight actually wasn't that terrible.

You just have to get past the sluggish controls that really show their true horror near the end when the game suddenly switches from puzzle-based platformer to speed & timing based for one short terrible segment.

I also didn't like the cut-scenes, in that they were totally incongruous with the rest of the game's art direction (a highlight.) The voice acting was also spotty, with the protagonist slipping in and out of Hayter Solid Snake gruffness with no rhyme or reason.

The story was pretty decent, though, and the end was a nice twist without a cheap gotcha moment.

All said, it's worth a playthrough if you picked it up on a whim during the Summer. If you didn't, feel free to never pick it up on any whim.

Anteater

Could you dumb that down for me a bit? Like I'm basically just blindly following any instructions so I'm not sure what the service is or how to see if it's running.

It's been a while since I've used it so I'm not sure if they've changed anything, from what I can recall, if you follow their steps, you create a folder and copy the exe in there, and running the installer should automatically add a SCP DS3 service to your services.

You can launch this from the start menu search and check and see if it's on the list

1KIi17j.jpg

So check and make sure if it's there and started, it should be called SCP DS3 Service or something similar

Apis5hx.jpg

wilflare

what is that zombie game
where you fight for resources in the morning. and hide before nightfall (cause that's when the zombies appear)

Copons

Yay great news man! :)

I know how you could have felt, as my dad went for an exam last year, and here we go, a prostate cancer. They were able to remove it completely (even though my personal experience says that cancer has this habit of laughing its ass off on the words "completely removed") and the worse outcome of it all is that he had to wear diapers for some time while he regained control over his bladder. :D

BUT! The months between the first test and the test after surgery were the worst things ever in the world. So when I say "great news" I really mean it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom