• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I just need 15 games more to cross the 600 mark. Bring me cheap games I tell you. Cheap games.

Also, huge thanks to Sub-Zero for selling me keys with no problem at all!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You're going to have to be slightly more specific.
(That's like, all of them)

This was my thought. Project Zomboid? No? Rust? No, wait, no zombies. Day Z? Even Minecraft as mentioned fits.

OMG I finally freaking did it! I got past those 2 Heavy Archers on the narrow walkway! Hell YEAAAAAAAAAH!!

And they give you a bonfire right after, god damn this game knows what's up!

That part of the game was my absolute favorite. From Sen's up to the reveal and the end of the area you're on now, just so amazing.

Anustart

Fancy a bit of a gamble? Here's a chance to win THE SIMS 3 (Origin key)!

EhzOopu.png

If you win the raffle, it's 50/50 chance for The Sims 3, and the other one is something bad...

So good luck!

I don't have either, I don't have anything to lose!

Lomax

Did anyone get the Weekly Humble Bundle that's about to end, with the Dracula and Sherlock games, etc. Are the lower tier games any good? How about the BTA games?

The $1 tier is a bargain if you like the genre. If you buy it and find you play them and love them, you'll have about a month to bump your tier up for the rest. But the games aren't going to change your mind if you don't have interest in the genre.

The Sherlock games are pretty good. I haven't played the really old ones but vs The Jack the Ripper and the Awakened are great
Ripper supposedly has Tages. :\

Is Awakened worth the BTA price by itself? The older stuff seems more hidden object, and I'm not sure how I feel about that genre.

CassSept

Oh my god you guys weren't exaggerating about uPlay. I've got a totally totally 100% freaking legal AC2 and I can't even play it. This shit keeps on crashing and crashing. What the hell. What a joke.

The $1 tier is a bargain if you like the genre. If you buy it and find you play them and love them, you'll have about a month to bump your tier up for the rest. But the games aren't going to change your mind if you don't have interest in the genre.
I love point and click, but the $1 tier seems more hidden object. Am I mistaken?

And we have a month to bump up our tier on Humble, even if the sale ends? That's news to me. Wow!

Ibuki

Banned
Oh my god you guys weren't exaggerating about uPlay. I've got a totally totally 100% freaking legal AC2 and I can't even play it. This shit keeps on crashing and crashing. What the hell. What a joke.

Wait what does the game crashing have to do with Uplay? Are you sure it isn't the game itself?

CassSept

Wait what does the game crashing have to do with Uplay? Are you sure it isn't the game itself?

No, I mean uPlay is crashing. It took me 4 tries to even get to the login screen and now every time I input login data it crashes instantly. It's a joke when a game you paid for is probably more of a hassle than a pirated version would be.

Edit: Ok, it worked after like 6th time to log in.

MUnited83

For you.

Yep. Two years go my brother bought Splinter Cell Conviction on the Summer Sale and he ended up pirating it because Uplay has always having connection problems and was never able to even start the freaking game.

Grief.exe

Uplay has a huge amount of issues now, but just imagine in 10 years when Ubi just drops it entirely.

Sure, we will just crack the thing, but I have a hard time justifying paying for games that I know will have massive issues now and the future.

Uplay has a huge amount of issues now, but just imagine in 10 years when Ubi just drops it entirely.

Sure, we will just crack the thing, but I have a hard time justifying paying for games that I know will have massive issues now and the future.

10 years? I dunno if they'll hold out that long.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Could you dumb that down for me a bit? Like I'm basically just blindly following any instructions so I'm not sure what the service is or how to see if it's running.

on the page I linked to (for DS3) there is a directory and in there an app/service called SCPserver.exe or something like that. With your DS3 connected and showing up in Windows run that service. If your DS3 is hooked up properly/correctly it should then show up in that app window and under Printers and Devices in Windows you should see one (or more) 360 controllers.

CassSept

Haha someone tell me they're joking.

C516BKT.png

uPlay is launching Steam?

Thank you for choosing uPlay?

And before I play the game I'm still greeted by an ad for some stupid social media campaign for their future game?

Oh bother.

Edit: AND IT DOESN'T EVEN SUPPORT CONTROLLER

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Ripper supposedly has Tages. :\

Is Awakened worth the BTA price by itself? The older stuff seems more hidden object, and I'm not sure how I feel about that genre.

Only the Mystery of the Persian Carpet is a hidden object game, the rest are classic P&C adventure games and they are all pretty good. Vs Jack the Ripper is the best of them imo but it has TAGES as you said

nexen

People are throwing around Ultima VII comparisons with this Divinity: Original Sin game. I take that shit very, very seriously.

People used to compare the Gothic games to U7. While I like Gothic, its world was nowhere near as immersive or dynamic.

Can someone tell me if this new contender really rates? It is really a tiny living world?

Halo 2

Banned
Let's team up and release a basic multi player hold'em game on Steam.

There's nothing on there we'd be rollin' in Steam muns.

If you can find three other people who want it, I can get you a four-pack for $24.14 ($6.04 per head).

I'll hit you up if I find anyone else who's looking, I'd definitely be interested.

Lomax

Is there a go-to texas holdem game on steam?

(I'm looking for something similar to the Xbox Live arcade version)

My friend who plays Hold-em semi-professionally says the only semi-decent game on steam is Governor of Poker. There's a free version on flash sites if you want to try it out.

The Poker Night games are funny and good fun, but don't play them if you are looking for solid poker play.

Quick question, according to the announcement from the 25th November, 2012, is it okay if I invite a non-GAFfer to the Steam group? It's good friend of mine and he would make a account here too but for some reason his ISP never assigned him a email and they are being a pain about it which means he can't register so I thought he would be okay in the Steam group atleast D:

JakeD

Only the Mystery of the Persian Carpet is a hidden object game, the rest are classic P&C adventure games and they are all pretty good. Vs Jack the Ripper is the best of them imo but it has TAGES as you said

TAGES has apparently been removed. according to the devs and i've never noticed anything with my install (dunno how stealth TAGES is, but it never asked for my key in game or anything, and theres nothing strange in the game's files)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom