• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeccai

So I was playing Cook, Serve, Delicious and got an in game email that reads:

"Your NeoGAF Registration,

Congrats, your NeoGAF registration has been accepted! We will be processing your request and should activate your account within 6-8 years. Please do not contact us further. Thanks and we can't wait to welcome you to the forums!

- GAF Admin"

:lol

edit: just got another one about Wario64 bombas. What is going on here?!

iosefe

Congrats, your NeoGAF registration has been accepted! We will be processing your request and should activate your account within 6-8 years. Please do not contact us further. Thanks and we can't wait to welcome you to the forums!

- GAF Admin"

The Story of Ozium

Ifrit

Not since it was removed from SSFIVAE. I imagine that they might want to remove it from the Dead Rising games next since DR3 is just around the corner but who knows if they'll even bother.

Aw well, gotta keep playing them as soon as possible just in case. Just finished DR2 and loved it

- GAF Admin"

Haha

Grief.exe

That link doesn't work.

Base has my back, but I also fixed it.

I can't get Revengeance to run at anything higher than 1366x768, anyone know why?

My monitor is 1600x900.

Platinum decided to only support certain popular resolutions with that game. Their reasoning was terrible.

You could downsample either through drivers or gedosato and select a higher resolution on your monitor.

Quick question, according to the announcement from the 25th November, 2012, is it okay if I invite a non-GAFfer to the Steam group? It's good friend of mine and he would make a account here too but for some reason his ISP never assigned him a email and they are being a pain about it which means he can't register so I thought he would be okay in the Steam group atleast D:

Seems counter intuitive to the group.

Yrael

- GAF Admin"

Haha, that's hilarious!

Ifrit

- GAF Admin"

Just like in real life

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

- GAF Admin"

Lol

I think I only had to wait maybe 3 weeks.

Pachimari

Got the Ultra upgrade to Super Street Fighter IV - woo.

Gonna kick some ass but at the moment, Mortal Kombat is good fun!
Anyone playing it here?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
This game needs more attention so I will be giving away a few more copies over the next days. Hope that the winners take some time to try it out and post some impressions :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Kenshi -- MB-6DC0A4E89B97F2B2 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 32 entrants total.

t1404414711z1.png

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
People are throwing around Ultima VII comparisons with this Divinity: Original Sin game. I take that shit very, very seriously.

People used to compare the Gothic games to U7. While I like Gothic, its world was nowhere near as immersive or dynamic.

Can someone tell me if this new contender really rates? It is really a tiny living world?

I bought a brand spanking new 486SX25 to play Ultimate VII. One of my favorite games of all time.

Is Divinity "verbatim" as deep as Ultima VII? Not quite.
Is it the closest game we've gotten in the last ~22 years? Very possible.

Ultima VII still holds the title for most immersive world ever. Really the only places (IMHO) that Divinity falls short are the lack of day/night cycle on NPCs/monsters/environments, and that you can't really make an impact in the world outside of story and reputation. I mean you could like kill a house's owner(s) and "take it over for yourself", but it won't really be acknowledged in the game.. there is no property ownership outside of your homestead and (so far) no titles or anything. Granted I'm only like 15 hours into it.

I mean ultimately to categorize the game as "not as good as U7" you really have to nitpick.. so in that regard, yes... it is really damn good.

Turfster

People are throwing around Ultima VII comparisons with this Divinity: Original Sin game. I take that shit very, very seriously.

People used to compare the Gothic games to U7. While I like Gothic, its world was nowhere near as immersive or dynamic.

Can someone tell me if this new contender really rates? It is really a tiny living world?

What? Gothic? Like U7?
gT83EWF.gif

DivinityOS is much closer, from what I've played so far.
Has some stupid irritants, though, like the 0.1second bark repeat time, and some clunky UI choices.

TsuXna

Playing X com, was in a mission. They was about to air strike and 8 turns had left, one of my soldiers was behind. Every one was ahead running and near location and last one behind getting hit and hit. 2 hp left one turn about to get to the location and was surrounded by enemies hopefully they didn't hit and successfully got into location. Dem feels, imma about to cry. Never felt this before playing games TT

Is there any good chess game on Steam? I remember playing some Chessmaster game years ago and it was actually pretty good (it's not on Steam sadly).

Turfster

Is there any good chess game on Steam? I remember playing some Chessmaster game years ago and it was actually pretty good (it's not on Steam sadly).

Tabletop Simulator?
I'm sure someone will mod in the best chess game they can soon, if they haven't already.

I've heard good things about the previous entries in the Fritz Chess series, so might want to look at Fritz Chess 14 too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At this point, Tabletop Simulator is the best answer to any "Is there any good [physical game] game on Steam?" question.

Volimar

Playing X com, was in a mission. They was about to air strike and 8 turns had left, one of my soldiers was behind. Every one was ahead running and near location and last one behind getting hit and hit. 2 hp left one turn about to get to the location and was surrounded by enemies hopefully they didn't hit and successfully got into location. Dem feels, imma about to cry. Never felt this before playing games TT

Never play Fire Emblem.

I'd rather toss your pessimism in the dumpster
Mr. I-enjoyed-Alien-Colonial-Marines

A:CM > Strider
Then again, most games are.

Why? It didn't look that bad. Haven't played it yet but looked interesting enough to get it during a sale.

I wrote up my thoughts on this several times over, but the game suffers from a lot of problems.

Let's see if I can remember and pull out a short list. I suppose I can expand on any of the points below if you want more details:

-Shallow, repetitive combat
-Lack of enemy variety
-Lack of environment variety
-Lack of attention to detail
-Lack of content
-Bad design
-Poor pacing
-DX11 only

It's free for PS+ this month, so if you have access to a PS4, I suggest you check it out there and save your money. If you have a PS3, at least check out the demo, and then imagine doing the same thing for about 3-5 hours.

lol... isnt it the same base driver? lol

It started from, yes.
But then they tweaked a ton of stuff to add in the lightbar controls and touchpad stuff so who knows what's going on there -- I want to say that the newer DS4 "tools" don't require you to replace your BT driver either.

This game needs more attention so I will be giving away a few more copies over the next days. Hope that the winners take some time to try it out and post some impressions :)

Who did I give the one to yesterday... got any way you'd like the odds stacked on this one, Subby old pal?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

- GAF Admin"

I'm not sure if this joke was more funny or less funny before the Sales thread when somebody appeared who had been waiting 7 years for approval.

I'm not sure if this joke was more funny or less funny before the Sales thread when somebody appeared who had been waiting 7 years for approval.
I can come close to that. I got approved many years ago, then the site crashed (or some such thing) and I had to re-apply and wait another eternity.

- GAF Admin"

The developer, David Galindo, is a member of NeoGAF his username here is Chubigans. Talking about Chubigans he wrote a post about how CSD did in the Summer Sale.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
What? Gothic? Like U7?
gT83EWF.gif

DivinityOS is much closer, from what I've played so far.
Has some stupid irritants, though, like the 0.1second bark repeat time, and some clunky UI choices.

They released a patch that fixed the banter. Don't understand the clunky UI complaint.

Turfster

"This seems to be broken..."

Indeed. (Altho that one is self-instantiated, so it's not so bad)
"He was taken before his time." and the whole "The captain tried to slip a love letter to the lizard diplomat's wife" (or something along those lines) conversation at the docks tho... =p

They released a patch that fixed the banter. Don't understand the clunky UI complaint.
Don't think I've seen it patched since I played it last, and insta-restart barks were still in then. I could be wrong tho.
The charsheet is messy and kinda opaque unless you hover over everything, and using things from your inventory that covers pretty much half the screen by default is a pain.

wilflare

It started from, yes.
But then they tweaked a ton of stuff to add in the lightbar controls and touchpad stuff so who knows what's going on there -- I want to say that the newer DS4 "tools" don't require you to replace your BT driver either.

hmm damn.. should I go back to the old drivers? :/
it's working well except for bluetooth and I let the interface to let me set the touchpad to be select, etc :/

---

does Steam compresses screenshots?
I wanna take proper shots of Valiant Hearts (with downsampling, the game looks AMAZING)

tried using GeDoSaTo but it gives me the 4K screenshots instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom