• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they wrapped it up. You need to do some mental gymnastics to convince yourself that it all makes sense though.

Game just isn't as good as the previous ones though. I can't remember any stand out moments, set pieces, or enemies. Last area was kind of neat, I guess.

What? It's definitely a cliffhanger ending though the dlc takes place right after the game so it's ok, except the dlc's ending is a way bigger cliffhanger lol and we´ll probably never see a sequel.

Uzzy

Ok SteamGaf, these are all my recent purchases. I have so many games I am struggling to decide what to play. Its similar to Netflix, too many choices with an indecisive mind.

Does SteamGaf have any recommendation of which I should play through first? Ideally I want to focus my time on 1 or 2 games, rather than a few minutes on all of them.

Shadowrun: Returns and Blood Dragon would be my vote.

def sim

Ok SteamGaf, these are all my recent purchases. I have so many games I am struggling to decide what to play. Its similar to Netflix, too many choices with an indecisive mind.

Does SteamGaf have any recommendation of which I should play through first? Ideally I want to focus my time on 1 or 2 games, rather than a few minutes on all of them.

Goat Simulator and Stanley Parable are the easiest to check out. The former is a sanbox and the latter is a short exploration game.

nexen

What? It's definitely a cliffhanger ending though the dlc takes place right after the game so it's ok, except the dlc's ending is a way bigger cliffhanger lol and we´ll probably never see a sequel.

Huh. I don't recall a cliffhanger. Care to spoiler text it for me?

pahamrick

I'll retry Shadowrun later in the future.

Who knows. I ended up loving Red Dead Redemption after hating it the first time :p maybe it will be the same again

I liked the main campaign, but Dragonfall really is a step above it in everything. Unfortunately I only had a copy of the base game or I'd have included Dragonfall with it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Shadowrun Returns is so good.

Stealth Inc/Bastards is pretty, pretty good. I have no urge to get the special item in each level, though. Just been enjoying the gradual increase in complexity with the puzzle rooms. I'm about 5 worlds into it and there have been rooms that have busted my balls and then the next one will just be so easy because you've managed to wrap your head around the newest concept they've thrown at you.

I see it's going for less than $2 on gamefly. I can really recommend it at that price. There's some depth to this game, too, with costumes being unlocked and each one having different properties. You'll get your money's worth.

Shadownet

Banned
I liked the main campaign, but Dragonfall really is a step above it in everything. Unfortunately I only had a copy of the base game or I'd have included Dragonfall with it.

well then dont buy Dragonfall. :p wait for it to magically appear in your inventory... just saying :p

Hugstable

Banned
Aye, thanks to the failing actual accomplishin a mission feels super good. Its fun with you guys, even if I still think we need some actual voice conversation :D

I still can't believe I went for the ammo at the start when the exit was right behind me lol

nexen

Speaking of sales, Gamefly (UK link US link) is doing an indie-pendence (pause for groan) sale with up to 90% off on 150 indie titles.
Check the DRM before buying, most of these are Steam keys, but not all of them.
20% off coupons: JUL20OFF (10$+), UKJUL20OFF (7£+)

Hm, some better deals in there than during the steam sale.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Speaking of sales, Gamefly (UK link US link) is doing an indie-pendence (pause for groan) sale with up to 90% off on 150 indie titles.
Check the DRM before buying, most of these are Steam keys, but not all of them.
20% off coupons: JUL20OFF (10$+), UKJUL20OFF (7£+)
Anyone played Stranded? How is it? It gives me a The Dig vibe and the current Gamefly price is enticing.

ss_04d158828108fd17bbfb06a59208e490a35c4bc3.1920x1080.jpg

ss_cb606958d03e0c0f6d35e61529286b6f8c063262.1920x1080.jpg

Turfster

Humble Eye Candy bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • KAMI
  • Ballpoint Universe Infinite
TIER 2: BTA (6.06$ starting price)
  • Secrets of Raetikon + artbook
  • Antichamber
  • Cinders
TIER 3: 12$
  • Mercenary Kings

FREE: art and wallpaper pack

wagamer

Last reminder, I'll throw in keys for Late Night and High End Loft Stuff DLC for The Sims 3 winner.

Fancy a bit of a gamble? Here's a chance to win THE SIMS 3 (Origin key)!

EhzOopu.png

If you win the raffle, it's 50/50 chance for The Sims 3, and the other one is something bad...

So good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Entry #1 -- MB-5A2736C873C642D9 - Taken by CassSept. 7 entrants total.
Entry #2 -- MB-D78A661DD7F514B4 - Taken by natertots. 6 entrants total.

t1404411106z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I find it odd. I have a game on the old laptop called The Plan but I dont remember installing it and it doesnt show on my mother's computer which is my main gaming PC at the moment. Hmmmmm

Jadax

I wish <3 then SteamGAF would get free games everyday

I strongly believe that if games were free we would lose interest in them.

Same as using cheats in a game. I will get frustrated, annoyed and borderline-suicidal when playing games such as Dark Souls - but the moment I used CE tables I lost all interest in the game. No challenge. No thinking about strategies all night. No blowing off uni work for digital success.

Chocobro

God dammit. My modem broke and therefore I won't have Internet at home :( Replacement modem coming in 2-3 business days. This is going to be a long weekend...

At least I have Internet on my phone so I suppose it isn't all that bad.

Aaron D.

There are no such requirements on GameFly, unless something changed recently.

I was going off of Turfster's OP about the sale that says, "20% off coupons: JUL20OFF (10$+), UKJUL20OFF (7£+)".

Trying to figure out if the $10+ means individual titles priced over $10 or the total price of all games at checkout.

Cth

Speaking of 15 minutes.. I think I'll finish Actual Sunlight today.

Waited on a phone interview for a job today but they didn't call, hopefully they'll reschedule for another day.. this is the game changer job, so here's hoping :)

Benedict

That 20% off coupon works if your entire basket total is over $10?

Seems like it:

Luftrausers (PC)
Price: £4.19
A Story About My Uncle (PC)
Price: £4.99
Stick It to The Man! (PC)
Price: £2.39
Velocity Ultra (PC)
Price: £1.59
Goat Simulator (PC)
Price: £4.19
The Banner Saga (PC)