• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zia

140 is a steal. A tiny masterpiece. Mercenary Kings on the other hand is like the worst highest tier incentive ever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I find it odd. I have a game on the old laptop called The Plan but I dont remember installing it and it doesnt show on my mother's computer which is my main gaming PC at the moment. Hmmmmm

Valve only recently introduced a new sub type that sees free games added to your account in the very same manner as they would have if you'd bought them (i.e. you get a +1 and the game follows you between systems/doesn't disappear if you uninstall it). Prior to this, they were only tethered to your library if you owned DLC for them (no +1) or they used the oft-ignored free licence system (+1).

Shadownet

Banned
Already have Shadowrun + Dragonfall, so no worries hey.

tumblr_msxl2biGNm1rel180o1_500.gif

to get you something. during Winter Sale.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Humble Eye Candy bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • KAMI
  • Ballpoint Universe Infinite
TIER 2: BTA (6.06$ starting price)
  • Secrets of Raetikon + artbook
  • Antichamber
  • Cinders
TIER 3: 12$
  • Mercenary Kings

FREE: art and wallpaper pack

140 is fantastic if short. It's a living Autechre album and all of the puzzles are timed with the music. An absolute must buy at that price.

Only really marginally interested in Cinders since I have the rest. Secrets of Raetikon was a disappointment of annoying game design decisions marring what could have been something nice. Wonder if there are any custom campaigns up on the workshop worth a damn yet.

I'll play battleblock with you when I get home tonight!
I haven't started it yet.

Play blood dragon, its quick to get started and not crazy time consuming.

I vote Shadowrun Returns and XCOM.

I vote The Walking Dead. It really is a wonderful game/story to me, and it really isn't that long overall compared to some others.

Start with short games like Steamworld Dig or FC3: BD. The Fallouts are long games, Risk of Rain has a lot of replayability if it clicks with you.

The Walking Dead is my vote.

Marlow Briggs and TWD are pretty short.
The Stanley Parable is really short, but has mulitple paths, so you can play that in between other games.

Play Witcher 2 if you have never played it before! Such a great game and has multiple paths for multiple playthroughs. Plus it's really fun to play once you get the combat down.

Shadowrun: Returns and Blood Dragon would be my vote.

Goat Simulator and Stanley Parable are the easiest to check out. The former is a sanbox and the latter is a short exploration game.

Shadowrun Returns is so good.

Blood Dragon: 2
Shadow Run: 3
XCOM: 1
TWD: 3
Marlow: 1
Witcher 2: 1
Goat: 1
Stanley: 2

Cheers for all the replies, the figures might be out by a few because I'm watching Robocop. But I'll give The Walking Dead and Shadow Run my attention. Much appreciated SteamGaf

Seeing Wildstar in there tells me that in spite of having so many great great options, the MMO will end up eating your life in order to justify the purchase and monthly fee
which is why I don't buy MMOs any more

Funny enough, I've lost so much interest in it. Thankfully I only spent £23 on the base game, no sub purchased yet. I might just leave it.

Vuze

Secrets of Raetikon has a very intersting style and gameplay is also alright. Worth 4$ for the artstyle alone.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Kami is a pretty awesome puzzler, check it out guys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Kami -- MB-D9271BB7E1B46BE8 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 10 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-0BFD4FCAE03A1389 - Taken by Jadax. 8 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-8B4D1F666A38C50A - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.

t1404411864z1.png

140 is a steal. A tiny masterpiece. Mercenary Kings on the other hand is like the worst highest tier incentive ever.

I'm interested in 140 and Raetikon for sure, picking this up.

But yeah, played Mercenary Kings on ps4 when it became free and it felt like if you took Metal Slug and removed all fun from it and then put it in the form of a grindfest.

Turfster

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Antichamber -- MB-FCDDA53C6F7B2427 - Taken by nexen. 5 entrants total.
3D mindfuck puzzler
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-5D7F1B6F0B7026BF - Taken by EzioCroft
sidescrolling shooter (rather disappointing to my eyes)

t1404411940z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For anyone here who bought/play Endless Legend the game just moved to beta and you can find the release notes here. If you're interested in the game it's currently 25% off during the Early Access.

Any ETA on when the game will leave Early Access? I'm a sucker for DDEs and don't want to miss the boat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For anyone here who bought/play Endless Legend the game just moved to beta and you can find the release notes here. If you're interested in the game it's currently 25% off during the Early Access.

Nice to see you back posting the deals. :)

Ahh, dope. I picked it up a ways back and decided to check in later, sounds like now's a good time.

AngerdX

Wow this thread is moooving...

As promised last night, i got a spare Sunless Sea key to give later (on mobile getting to work atm)

Now i'm not sure how to give it this time, as I would like it going to someone who really want it, and I havn't been around long enough to know enough steamgaffers contribution or prefrences in games.

So suggestions are welcome on a fun way to give it away here.

This is like a dozen pages ago but things go too fast in this thread for me:

HOW? I have a Phenom X4 & an HD7770 and hover around 30fps most of the time

I bumped down Metal Gear Rising to 720p, pretty much everything on high, and I get a practically locked 60 on my Intel E5200, Radeon 5670, 3GB RAM setup. There was a weird scaling issue with the Radeon drivers, and the game is definitely a fluxuating 30 on 1080p, but 720 is much nicer.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

KAMI -- MB-3417F4FFE4A4DDCF - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 5 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-E78234EBF6E82DDA - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
140 -- MB-F1F4680A95351705 - Taken by Kiru. 6 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-48E239A48CBAE52A - Taken by kutthoat5150. 6 entrants total.

t1404412016z1.png

leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

KAMI -- MB-C96A2C874D991B81 - Taken by Lomax. 6 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-3ECC7A17FC5CCC90 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-217B563CA2011BFD

t1404412168z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For the awesome people of SteamGAF

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

KAMI -- MB-FA84B1972C7D8B33 - Taken by Htown. 4 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-76EC37E104CE9833 - Taken by Hugstable. 2 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-A6DFC605C06637BD

t1404412091z1.png

Toki767

You guys are not making it easy for me. I only got so many gifts but so many people. It's heartbreaking to pick just a few.

Feel free to skip me. I think there are probably plenty of others on your friends list that can't afford games that will appreciate them.

Turfster

So suggestions are welcome on a fun way to give it away here.
Drawing contests or writing contests are nice and don't really clutter up the thread if you make them PM only. Since it's Gothic horror stuff, maybe writing would be more appropriate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom