• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadGear

Finished Far Cry 3 and choose the obvious ending
"Save Friends"
(didn't even consider the other one). Looked up the other ending on Youtube and now i wish i didn't :/ Did anyone actually choose this ending (and if so, whats wrong with you :D)?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Went with the lowest tier on the new HBW. Already own Antichamber and the less than glowing impressions for Rætikon and Mercenary Kings give me pause.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
jCiVRs7ZIAwN9.png

ibDaL3Mn1xZlP.gif

Damn, shadownet, how can you keep being so generos? ;___;
You're a great guy and not just because you're gifting stuff like you're a green Santa.

Shadownet continuing to be awesome. :D

Shadownet

Banned
Shadownet you are awesome with the gifts. Thanks for Valiant Hearts! I can't wait to try it from all the feedback I've seen on here and especially your gif review you posted last night.

This community has been awesome and welcoming of us newbies. Thanks again everyone!

tumblr_m92flj40sY1qh906zo1_500.gif

Okay, I know it's popular to shit on Ubi, but anyone else thinks they've been killing it this year?

I mean, seriously, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Might & Magic X: Legacy, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts: The Great War?
Sure, there's some AAA AssCrud-a-like stuff they release as well, but really, other than maybe Nintendo, no other large company had such a good lineup.

I agree, their lineup was pretty diverse and I believe they were the first large publisher to invest in "small" download games with right pricing.

derExperte

Here's my full review, all you can eat:

Excellent, thanks.

But I just found http://steamcommunity.com/games/246680/announcements/detail/1805129895059169323.

In the newest update we've made the game much much fairer. Magpies are not that unnerving anymore and the lynx pauses for a second after attacking, opening a window of opportunity to escape. The editor has received a ton of tutorials to ease you into developing your own games with Ginkgo and the game can be played past the ending credits.

This is the best version of Secrets of Raetikon. Enjoy!

Here are all the tweaks:
+ Balanced magpie speed.
+ Removed some magpies.
+ Lynx pauses his attack longer after biting.
+ Balanced health.
+ Game can be continued after credits ended.
+ Fixed bug where shard vanished when dropped into cage door without opening it.
+ Fixed sliver in deep getting pushed into solid ground.
+ Shard can’t be dropped while level switch starts fading to black -> prevent confusing situation where shard is lying near level borders and hard to find.
+ Fixed troubles with multiple connected controllers.
+ Added lots of tutorials.

Speevy

Banned
The guys that make The Witcher games need to offer Shadownet a job on their marketing team. He's already put the game into dozens of hands.

DukeBobby

"Save Friends"
(didn't even consider the other one). Looked up the other ending on Youtube and now i wish i didn't :/ Did anyone actually choose this ending (and if so, whats wrong with you :D)?

Honestly, I thought both endings were poor.

The game really shit the bed in the second half.

UncleBiz

I just started playing Wolfenstein and realized how this game just destroys Bioshock Infinite in every department. It's definitely the superior game, yet it doesn't get the praise that Bio gets. Whatever. Maybe I have bad tastes.

I haven't played Wolfenstein but Infinite was pretty meh. The story was really the only interesting part to me. Combat was pretty boring and Rapture was much more immersive to me

Hugstable

Banned
jCiVRs7ZIAwN9.png

ibDaL3Mn1xZlP.gif

You're a great guy and not just because you're gifting stuff like you're a green Santa.

Oh damn congrats Chariot! The steamGAF genorsity is amazing.

About to hit O&S soon in Dark Souls. The time has come!

Speevy

Banned
I think they probably heard about Vandal Hearts, which may be kind of crappy depending on the person you ask.

Otherwise I have no idea. Valiant Hearts is amazing.

for the people who played broforce, I was playing with shadownet and we kept having an issue where we would accidentally add another player while chatting, how can you remove these players mid game? it was really annoying.
bringing this back up since no one answered( thread moves too quickly lol)
"Save Friends"

I actually didn't like either ending. the cast was pretty boring which is why I guess I didn't like it(with the exception of Vaas). But the game is a lot of fun at least

Eanan

jCiVRs7ZIAwN9.png

ibDaL3Mn1xZlP.gif

Geralt should be the mascot for the steam thread.

I dont think ever seen anyone here bad mouth the games (and rightly so).

DukeBobby

I just started playing Wolfenstein and realized how this game just destroys Bioshock Infinite in every department. It's definitely the superior game, yet it doesn't get the praise that Bio gets. Whatever. Maybe I have bad tastes.

Au contraire my good man, you have fine taste indeed.

Okay, I know it's popular to shit on Ubi, but anyone else thinks they've been killing it this year?

I mean, seriously, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Might & Magic X: Legacy, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts: The Great War?
Sure, there's some AAA AssCrud-a-like stuff they release as well, but really, other than maybe Nintendo, no other large company had such a good lineup.
I can understand the hate for Ubi. I've haven't enjoyed an ass creed game since 2 because each game pretty much had less stealth and more filler each iteration. Though their digital only offerrings like the ones you mentioned and blood dragon are fairly well done.

GaussTek

Thanks The_Super_Inframan for Ballpoint Universe! This is the only one I'm interested on from the Bundle, but I may jump later this week for 140.

The_Monk

You should definitely bring your Typing of the Dead experience over for that work!

Hmm, I think this may work...

cGqlrjC.png

Good luck with your project Monk.

Thanks xenoflux!

In Portugal, right? Good luck with your work. You have a way with words here, so I am sure you'll help improve the situation there. And that cause is a very good one.

Yes, in here. Each country seems to have a their own local project. It's not an easy thing to do and we have people from all around the world as well different ethnicities too so it's going to be a challenge. But to be honest, I'm also very worried about unemployment in here. :/

I heard valiant hearts was kind of crappy though.

Is this not the case?

I loved this game, I posted my impressions here in case you are interested. I really had some fun with it.

i shall add you :D some say I'm JaseC alternative account :) lol

And you should add me, too! :)

Knurek

why not?! from what Rhaknar told me about you. If anyone deserve something from me. You need to be on the top 5 list. :O so please. get a wishlist started

Just a question, JaceC-alt4 (or Seriously Amazing Outstanding Intelligent Remarkable Steam Enabler, whichever you prefer) - how can you manage to have so much Witcher 3 gifted around?
Just point me in the general direction if you already answered that.

why not?! from what Rhaknar told me about you. If anyone deserve something from me. You need to be on the top 5 list. :O so please. get a wishlist started

Ahh, I decided to pull a "shadownet" this morning.
Prevent random gifts from appearing and all that. :p
Something like 105 games disappeared in the blink of an eye (thank you, Jshackles).

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Veni,Vidi,Donavi

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Total War: ROME II -- MB-80302CA0FE420EC7 - Taken by Terra_Ex. 62 entrants total.

t1404499458z1.png

nexen

Or maybe you just weight different aspects of games differently than other people?

Gameplay-wise, I think Wolf is definitely superior. It is a bag of fun.

I think BioShock Infinite had a better story and setting. Story was great in Wolf, don't get me wrong, but BSI made my brain turn cartwheels at the end.

Both great games though.

Jawmuncher

Had a dream about Witcher 3 so I assume I need it.
Those inflated key prices though and i'm just too lazy for that other site. Guess i'll poke around.

Shadownet

Banned
Just a question, JaceC-alt4 (or Seriously Amazing Outstanding Intelligent Remarkable Steam Enabler, whichever you prefer) - how can you manage to have so much Witcher 3 gifted around?
Just point me in the general direction if you already answered that.

Honestly, my secret? I've been selling off my gaming collection around the internet. and using that money to buy you guys gifts. That and the Russian traders and some GAF friends make it possible for me to get you guys gifts.

Ahh, I decided to pull a "shadownet" this morning.
Prevent random gifts from appearing and all that. :p
Something like 105 games disappeared in the blink of an eye (thank you, Jshackles).

So does Shadowneting means getting rid of your wishlist so no one can get you anything from now on? LOL

but for real though. let me get you something?

The gameplay is fundamentally better. Not only is basic shooting more fun, but enemies don't psychically know where you are once one of them are aggro'd. There are also areas where you can sneak through or stealth kill enemies for a decent amount of time.

Visuals are pretty weak in comparison to Infinite but everything else is better, even the story execution.

This is like a dozen pages ago but things go too fast in this thread for me:

I bumped down Metal Gear Rising to 720p, pretty much everything on high, and I get a practically locked 60 on my Intel E5200, Radeon 5670, 3GB RAM setup. There was a weird scaling issue with the Radeon drivers, and the game is definitely a fluxuating 30 on 1080p, but 720 is much nicer.
I almost missed this, but thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom