• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAT

Do you guys have a secret megagivers club or something? :D

silly-hats-only_637.gif

Grief.exe

Okay, I know it's popular to shit on Ubi, but anyone else thinks they've been killing it this year?

I mean, seriously, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Might & Magic X: Legacy, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts: The Great War?
Sure, there's some AAA AssCrud-a-like stuff they release as well, but really, other than maybe Nintendo, no other large company had such a good lineup.

Fair point.

Call of Juarez and Blood Dragon were certainly risks they took last year with the business model alone.

With Shadownet been generous, enjoy some games!

ModBot said:
Instructions for General_Frags:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thunder Wolves -- MB-C147C5C20AB870B5 - Taken by billmcdougal. 1 entrants total.
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-84B44CBCCB217709 - Taken by Kiru. 5 entrants total.
STORM: Frontline Nation -- MB-C187C8590A0D1CF6 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 1 entrants total.

t1404414407z1.png

Kiru

Honestly, my secret? I've been selling off my gaming collection around the internet. and using that money to buy you guys gifts. That and the Russian traders and some GAF friends make it possible for me to get you guys gifts.
Stahp! We don't deserve you! :'(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
For a minute I was like "Aww, I didn't win the Goat Sim giveaway", but then I saw that aku;jiki won it and he SUPER deserves it. Congrats!

(And I'm not just saying this because I won Ultionus from him!)

EDIT: Now that I look at the requirements, maybe it's better I didn't win it! :eek:

What's everyone's impressions on Shovel Knight? I played it at a friends house last week and it seemed completely awesome. Got through like 4-5 levels and I'm really tempted to buy it haha.

-MD-

What's everyone's impressions on Shovel Knight? I played it at a friends house last week and it seemed completely awesome. Got through like 4-5 levels and I'm really tempted to buy it haha.

Sounds like you finished most of the game, it's incredible though. I'm going to finish it up today.

Toki767

Easily a contender for game of the year. Everything about it is pretty great.

Sounds like you finished most of the game, it's incredible though. I'm going to finish it up today.

4-5 levels is only really like 1/3 of the game.

Quick question for SteamGAF. How many of you registered a Steam account for HL2? I had no idea what steam was and was kind of mad I had to install some bloatware just to play HL but now here we are.

Mono

Shovel Knight is seriously amazing! Everything about the game is very polished and the controls are tight. It truly feels like playing an old Megamen/Castlevania/Metroid game or Zelda II, but it definitely doesn't feel dated like breaking out one of those would. The soundtrack is worth it in itself.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm glad nobody is trying to gift me Witcher 3, as my PC would melt at the mere thought of attempting to run it.

(I'm completely serious here! I get jealous watching Euro Truck Sim 2 videos on Youtube because it doesn't look nearly that good for me. ;_;)

dot

Quick question for SteamGAF. How many of you registered a Steam account for HL2? I had no idea what steam was and was kind of mad I had to install some bloatware just to play HL but now here we are.

I created a steam account for Left 4 Dead 2 and Street Fighter IV.

I still don't have a Street Fighter game on here.

MadGear

Honestly, I thought both endings were poor.

The game really shit the bed in the second half.

Totally agree, but i still think that the existence of that other ending is extremely stupid. At least i fail to see the motivation to actually choose that particular ending.
But yeah, the second half was absolutely disappointing. I was actually forcing myself through the second half. The game also hase one of the worst open worlds since Infamous 1.

Haha, same here. I never imagined that it would be embraced so well and become such a large delivery platform.

Toki767

I'm glad nobody is trying to gift me Witcher 3, as my PC would melt at the mere thought of attempting to run it.

(I'm completely serious here! I get jealous watching Euro Truck Sim 2 videos on Youtube because it doesn't look nearly that good for me. ;_;)

Haha. Same. I'd feel pretty bad if I got gifted a game my PC couldn't run well, although that's more incentive to build a new PC than anything I guess.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I installed for CS 1.6 because all of my friends were moving to it as Valve was abandoning WON in 1.5. Had they not moved my hand then, I probably would have waited for HL2 a year later

Oooh interesting, might have to see how the creature nerfs affect flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom