• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm glad nobody is trying to gift me Witcher 3, as my PC would melt at the mere thought of attempting to run it.

(I'm completely serious here! I get jealous watching Euro Truck Sim 2 videos on Youtube because it doesn't look nearly that good for me. ;_;)

oh....... should I return your copy of Witcher 3 to the Russian then?

Shadownet are you Buddha?

Funny thing is.. I'm a converted Buddhist to Christian.

Mono

Quick question for SteamGAF. How many of you registered a Steam account for HL2? I had no idea what steam was and was kind of mad I had to install some bloatware just to play HL but now here we are.

My brother did! He really hated Steam, but it was awful back then.

DukeBobby

Just realised I had this garbage sitting in my inventory. I played 16 minutes of it and it was fucking awful.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

xheRJRF.gif
Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-8A54E5DF8CDF8B12 - Taken by FauX

Quick question for SteamGAF. How many of you registered a Steam account for HL2? I had no idea what steam was and was kind of mad I had to install some bloatware just to play HL but now here we are.

I'm looking back now and can't remember what game made me sign up for steam. lol

Sounds like you finished most of the game, it's incredible though. I'm going to finish it up today.

Oh wow, it seemed like there was still a lot left... I definitely had a blast playing it.

Easily a contender for game of the year. Everything about it is pretty great.

4-5 levels is only really like 1/3 of the game.

Shovel Knight is seriously amazing! Everything about the game is very polished and the controls are tight. It truly feels like playing an old Megamen/Castlevania/Metroid game or Zelda II, but it definitely doesn't feel dated like breaking out one of those would. The soundtrack is worth it in itself.

Glad to hear that. I felt the same way about it from what I played! I definitely got those same vibes, especially zelda 2 (which I loved)!

Uzzy

Man, Cinders is pretty. Real glad that came up in the humble bundle this week, I was considering getting it during the summer sale but didn't get around to it.

Lyn

Banned

Moved over due to Counter Strike here, although no doubt HL2 or TF2 would have pushed me over into trying it out.

Hugstable

Banned

I created ny account when I my brother got me Half Life 2 in Christams of 07. So HL2 did introduce me to Steam and changed my computer gaming days forever.

Chariot

I installed if for TF2. Just to get told one month later that is went f2p. Felt bad, especially as I was at the time a pupil with no job and whatever I paid for TF2 was alot for me.

dani_dc

ve a their own local project. It's not an easy thing to do and we have people from all around the world as well different ethnicities too so it's going to be a challenge. But to be honest, I'm also very worried about unemployment in here. :/

Yeah, doesn't look good around here, thankfully everyone I know in my area was able to get a job, but not everyone is that lucky.
What's your usual line of work if you don't mind me asking?

Installed it to play Orange Box, then got Half-life for 0.99 or something ridiculous cheap like that, Audiosurf for 75% off and Vampire for 75% off, it only took a mere few months until I was converted into PC DD world.

Mine was for CS... Not sure what version but whenever it started using Steam.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Shadownet

Banned
I'm sure they'll take it back if you ask politely!

fine. I guess i'll give you something less intensive so you can run on your PC.

----------------------------------

All of you guys who keep gifting me games?

First of all. Thank you. seriously. I'm at lost for words. So you just have to take my thank you and know that it mean the world to me.

Second. STOP GIVING ME GIFTS!

last but not least. Pretty much all the gifts you given me. I'm giving it to someone else ans passing on your generosity. (except the ones where I might actually play. which is only 2 games so far)

The Cheap Witcher 3 keys are tempting, but I don't know if my MSI TwinFrozr 7850 OC'd is good enough to make for a better graphical experience than ps4. They should cut the "recommendations" and give stats "To Match PS4," etc.

pahamrick

I did. It'll be my 9th year this year, but I didn't become a big steam user until 2009, mainly as a way to escape reality for awhile.

Mono

Glad to hear that. I felt the same way about it from what I played! I definitely got those same vibes, especially zelda 2 (which I loved)!

I actually loved Zelda II as well!

I love how while Shovel Knight is unforgiving about death, it always feels like you the player was the one who messed up, never the game. Excellent game design right there!

I registered my account when I got my Radeon 9800 XTX back in the day (came with Half Life 2 Bronze editon), after hours of downloading I was playing in CS:Source beta.

FloatOn

Good to hear valiant hearts doesn't suck. I love the ubiart engine.

Maybe I'm thinking of another game... I'm slowly getting back into games again. I hope to post more here soon too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Reposting!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Storm: Frontline Nation -- MB-D807D38D5D0593C4 - Taken by Phinor. 6 entrants total.
UFO: Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-4832D879024848BD

t1404418310z1.png

Yes, in here. Each country seems to have a their own local project. It's not an easy thing to do and we have people from all around the world as well different ethnicities too so it's going to be a challenge. But to be honest, I'm also very worried about unemployment in here. :/
Hear it in the news often. Whole southern europe is in a huge economical crisis. Wish you the best! Middle/North europe should help those contries instead of pushing them into a tighter corsett. We can not only easily afford it, but we gain a lot of economical power by using the weaker countries in the eu. I can see why merkel is getting unpopular in the eu.

The_Monk

dani_dc Going to send you a PM instead since it's easier.

13€?? What sorcery is that?

You must own in Physical form! Also, I've always been curious to check your Collection. :)

Good to hear valiant hearts doesn't suck. I love the ubiart engine.

Maybe I'm thinking of another game... I'm slowly getting back into games again. I hope to post more here soon too.

I hope to see you more in here my good man. Valiant Hearts may not be for you but it's a good game indeed.

Hear it in the news often. Whole southern europe is in a huge economical crisis. Wish you the best! Middle/North europe should help those contries instead of pushing them into a tighter corsett. We can not only easily afford it, but we gain a lot of economical power by using the weaker countries in the eu. I can see why merkel is getting unpopular in the eu.

Indeed, it's even hard for me to talk about this to be honest. But thanks a lot for your kind words.

I preordered HL2 and was using it to play CSS beta for a few months before it was out.

I feel pretty old now, hah.

Autofokus

Orange Box I think.
I abandoned the Valve ship shortly after I stopped playing TFC professionally, which was shortly before Steam as a lameass Game Launcher was introduced. I played HL2 years later.

fine. I guess i'll give you something less intensive so you can run on your PC.

----------------------------------

All of you guys who keep gifting me games?

First of all. Thank you. seriously. I'm at lost for words. So you just have to take my thank you and know that it mean the world to me.

Second. STOP GIVING ME GIFTS!

last but not least. Pretty much all the gifts you given me. I'm giving it to someone else ans passing on your generosity. (except the ones where I might actually play. which is only 2 games so far)

Ahh, I remember the old days fondly. Those days where you couldn't add a gift to your inventory and re-gift it. This lead to many people who very much did not want a copy of Recettear receiving a copy of Recettear. Joke gifting (sort of like this Bad Rats nonsense) was much more popular and fun back then.

those were the days. i still remember the announcement of Portal.

I signed up to get the free copy of Portal.
Then I got a free Speedball 2 key from somewhere.
I'm not sure what actually got me to start buying games on Steam though...

I actually loved Zelda II as well!

I love how while Shovel Knight is unforgiving about death, it always feels like you the player was the one who messed up, never the game. Excellent game design right there!

Haha nice, it doesn't seem like many people like Zelda 2 a lot. Yea that definitely is grest game design :). More games need to be like that!

Lomax

$16 for Witcher III is just crazy hard to resist even though I know my computer won't be able to run it. I wonder what the chance are it gets region locked before or after release.

didamangi

Me. Preordered the HL2 CE, shipping was late a month and the box was all messed up, and it was a pretty shitty CE as well with just a crappy t-shirt. I think I still used 56K modem to connect to Steam back then and it was painfully long for me to get to play HL2.

It was worth it though, I love almost every minute of the game. But I uninstalled steam right after finishing it and never look back until the summer sale of 2010.

So I have these two keys laying around and I don't know if they work or not but as far as I can tell they should. If they don't, my apologies.

Quote to reveal and let me know what you took. The key is in the EMAIL tag.

IHF Handball Challenge 12

Rock of Ages

I didn't care too much that I had to install it for HL2, managed to get free half life on steam by registering my hard copy back then, kind of neglected pc gaming until 10 years later and now I've gone from a handful to hundreds of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom